✟27,718.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Plan 9 said:
Brewmama and I have been on the "opposite" side of an open debate, but she was always most respectful to me, and I pray I was as respectful to her in return.
When I tried my hand at making a history thread and was very nervous, she PMed me out of the blue to encourage me.
Really, I have quite the list of TAW members who have been good to me at just the right time without being aware of how much I needed that.
Jameseb and I had a misunderstanding, which he was so kind about that I was actually pleased that we'd had it, and Matrona made the funniest joke I think I've ever read here, and I think I embarrassed her by openingly praising her for.

May I just suggest that family quarrels are the most potentially hurtful, and that any unification thread is bound to be full of pitfalls for the unwary, because they care, not because they don't?

Now..I'll get my pointy nose out of here and back to wherever it is it belongs, if I only can figure that out. ;).

My dear, we all think you belong HERE! (And we 51 year olds need to stick together!)

Upvote 0

Polycarp1

Born-again Liberal Episcopalian
Sep 4, 2003
USA
✟25,875.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Nice discussion! I forgot who said it (St. James?) but "Speak the truth in love" has always been something that puts some excellent advice into five simple words. If you're not doing both parts of that, you're not doing what Christ wants. :)

Reactions: brewmama
Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
brewmama said:
My dear, we all think you belong HERE! (And we 51 year olds need to stick together!)

awww...:blush:

You're right about us 51 year olds sticking together. You need all the mutual support you can get when you hit your fifties. LOL

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.