~HopeFloats~

Blessed
Jul 6, 2005
✟3,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How many hours on average do you spend online in a day?

How many hours on average do you spend with friends?

In school we are doing this unit on our community and a board like this is a community..

But they also say most commonly people who belong to online boards and spend a lot of time there do not have a huge or average night life or friends or spend time going out..and by night life I do not mean bars and such i mean hanging out with friends or having a circle of friends.

This was true with me.. I go through times when I spend a lot of time online and then never want to go online or so on..

This is not a attack or saying it is wrong by any means just had me wondering..

Reactions: tamtam92

PiousPelican

Oct 11, 2005
Rochester NY
✟15,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
if I'm working it can be up to 4 or 5 hours online, if not, as little as half an hour. and generally anywhere from 2-9 hours a day with friends. Ok this might not be as helpful as I thought. When I work, im online, but on my days off I;m with my friends all day. maybe thats better. :-D

Upvote 0

~HopeFloats~

Blessed
Jul 6, 2005
✟3,799.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me..

I spend about 3 hours off and on throughout the day when I am off work for my leisure..

For school on weekends I can spend up to 5 hours just looking and searching for articles

At work we cannot get online unless it is workrelated or we are in caca.. however I do check my email;)

As for spending time with firends I spend most of my freetime with my kids and then if my kids are not here and I am not working I spend 2-3 days with my friends..

I do think there have been times in my life where I have allowed myself to shut out the world and make my online things my only contact and that is just bad..jmho :) though

on a good note.. I have a low key date tonight with a dude from church he runs the sports ministries..:p

Upvote 0

willcoach

Feb 25, 2006
Augusta, Georgia
Visit site
✟10,087.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
BlessedJourney said:

In school we are doing this unit on our community and a board like this is a community..

But they also say most commonly people who belong to online boards and spend a lot of time there do not have a huge or average night life or friends or spend time going out..and by night life I do not mean bars and such i mean hanging out with friends or having a circle of friends.

This was true with me.. I go through times when I spend a lot of time online and then never want to go online or so on..

2 to 4

4 to 6

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
online daily....hmmmm...depends on the day. I reckon most days the average would be 2-3 hours.

As for friends....the only time I spend time with anyone outside of coworkers or my cats would be Friday through Sunday. I'll guess per 'week' my average time spent with friends would be about 5 hours. Per day would be .5 hours. lol

Upvote 0

none the wiser

Legend. Seriously, ask anyone.
May 17, 2005
✟42,452.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Married
BlessedJourney said:

Hello my name is *insert my real name here* and I have a problem. :holy:

Seriously, I spend a lot of time online. It is like a community, and honestly, I find I fit in with people on message boards easier. I find "soulmates" if you will, people that think the same as me.

I'm sort of a solitary creature by nature. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fishstix

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
BlessedJourney said:
2 to 4

My friends don't live near me, so I don't see them very often. On average, over the whole year, I'd say that I spend about 1/4 of an hour per day - but most of that is actually in clumps of 12 or more hours at a time on summer weekends. However, I do spend time with other people during the rest of the year, like family members, co-workers, or various acquaintances.

Upvote 0

chanis

"scru mpt rule cent ...&a
Nov 22, 2004
San Diego
✟16,870.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
BlessedJourney said:

I'm usually online during work and sometimes in the evenings...usually since I'm on at work I don't like being online too much at home...
I spend a lot of time with my friends...usually more during the weekend...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums