Chanticleera

May 1, 2016
Florida, US
✟17,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He has to at least meet me half way right? There are some things my creator has to fix for me.

Must I do everything, then give him the credit later.

No.
He provided the fix for your soul.
I read this somewhere earlier - I think somewhere here. And it was a very good example.

Let's say I call you up and say, "Hey, Under. I just took a trip to France, and I have the most amazing gift for you! It will absolutely change your life! Come by and pick it up, will you?"

Would it be right for you to say, "Come on, can't you meet me halfway?"

Or would it be right for you to hop in your car and come over and get the gift I offered?

As for healing your body of whatever ails you - he knows better than you and I what is best for you. Maybe he will. Maybe he won't. I remember my best friend's little girl had an absolute MELTDOWN one day when we stopped at a hotel in November. She saw the pool and HAD to get into it. My friend kept telling her the water was too cold, but the kid kept screaming for the water. SO my friend told her to get her bathing suit on, took her down to the pool, picked her up, and lowered her in.

Immediately the girl wanted out, the water was too cold (it's Florida here,she wasn't gonna die...but it WAS cold). My friend kept her in it for a minute or two. No doubt, that kid thought her mother was the meanest mom in the world. That minute or two in cold water was unbearable, cruel, etc. Just like how you feel about God not healing you. But mom had a lesson she needed to teach, and that minute or two of discomfort was not as important as the lesson. To you, your illness is the end of the world. To God - who sees and knows all - perhaps it is useful to teach you a lesson that would be better for you.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

UnderPar

Life's linchpin
Jul 2, 2017
Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
More to the point, why should he?
I would think because he loves me. It's what every Christian says. Think about it, if your child fell sick and you had the power to heal them. Would you?

Upvote 0

UnderPar

Life's linchpin
Jul 2, 2017
Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
He provided the fix for your soul.
I read this somewhere earlier - I think somewhere here. And it was a very good example.

Let's say I call you up and say, "Hey, Under. I just took a trip to France, and I have the most amazing gift for you! It will absolutely change your life! Come by and pick it up, will you?"

Would it be right for you to say, "Come on, can't you meet me halfway?"

Or would it be right for you to hop in your car and come over and get the gift I offered?

As for healing your body of whatever ails you - he knows better than you and I what is best for you. Maybe he will. Maybe he won't. I remember my best friend's little girl had an absolute MELTDOWN one day when we stopped at a hotel in November. She saw the pool and HAD to get into it. My friend kept telling her the water was too cold, but the kid kept screaming for the water. SO my friend told her to get her bathing suit on, took her down to the pool, picked her up, and lowered her in.

Immediately the girl wanted out, the water was too cold (it's Florida here,she wasn't gonna die...but it WAS cold). My friend kept her in it for a minute or two. No doubt, that kid thought her mother was the meanest mom in the world. That minute or two in cold water was unbearable, cruel, etc. Just like how you feel about God not healing you. But mom had a lesson she needed to teach, and that minute or two of discomfort was not as important as the lesson. To you, your illness is the end of the world. To God - who sees and knows all - perhaps it is useful to teach you a lesson that would be better for you.
Yikes!

Upvote 0

UnderPar

Life's linchpin
Jul 2, 2017
Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
*shrugs and grins* Just my opinion, and take it with a grain of salt. I have been a christian less than a month lol.
Ah, yes you said. Do you now have Christian birthdays?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can't read the bible anymore, it's become a disappointment. Humans are not as blood thirsty as the bible God. He's half loving and half vengeful, there's something really wrong with this whole picture.

Show me a completely loving God, without some desire to seek vengeance.
It is the thief that stirs up trouble with consequences to us, because, well, we are mortal and we are sinners.

Jesus said "The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and life abundantly". But we do need to wise up quite a bit more yet. Humanity must turn away from doing wickedness and trust in Him. Else He can do nothing to stop the course of destruction we have taken.

It's a responsibility of each individual, some more than others, of course.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's always "Your healing is just around the corner" With many believers, it's always another corner, then another. Until when? Until when? Until I'm dead?

Exactly. That's part of the problem that I was describing above. In fact, I know two people right now in the Charismatic Movement who rely on quoting Scripture but are facing the total effects of terminal illness, and they're not really getting better. And this is why I recommended that you read the book that I cited above, so you can understand a more balanced view.

Moreover, there are 4 or 5 view points among various Christians as to what we should expect from God in the area of healing. Not all Christians are going to say to you, "Your healing is just around the corner."

What I do know is this: God has not meant for our fullness in Christ to be experienced here in this lifetime; that comes later when we are Transformed into a Glorified state in the direct presence of God. So, if you accept Christ as Lord and Savior, then you can look forward to being whole again...nay, even better than that in the future. But yes, for now, many of us have to learn to deal with what we have, and we can pray for God to bring other persons into our lives who can at least help us bear with our ongoing burdens. And that is Christianity, Underpar.

Peace,
2PhiloVoid

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was incapacitated.

I see. Sounds...unpleasant.

I have my own suffering to endure. So far, God has not healed me. Is He cruel and vengeful because He has not? I don't see how that follows. I am not often in agony - thank God - so it may be easier for me to speak clinically about my suffering and God's obligations to me concerning it than for others who are in severe and chronic pain.

Shouldn't God's goodness, His love and grace, provoke Him to alleviate all my pain? It seems so, doesn't it? Surely, real love would require this of God. So, why do I suffer? There are all sorts of responses I could give: philosophical ones, biological ones, theological ones. None of them, though, are very emotionally satisfying. They may make good rational sense, but rarely is this a balm to those in suffering. Let me speak from my experience, then.

Here's ground zero for me: "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." It has occurred to me that to turn away from God in the midst of my suffering is to jump ship in the middle of the storm. The ship doesn't prevent the storm, it doesn't keep me from all of its dangerous and unpleasant effects, but it does keep me afloat, out of the dark, watery depths thrashing about and mounding up around me. When I have been in terrible pain, the knowledge that God is with me, that He knows my hurt intimately, and that He has promised to be my shield, and strong tower, and refuge in the midst of my pain has kept me from sinking beneath the waves of suffering into rage, fear and despair.

Does God have purposes and plans that He is working out in and through my suffering that I cannot see and likely could not fully comprehend even if I could see them? Of course. His ways are not my ways, nor are His thoughts my thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so are His ways above my own. Asking, then, the "Why?" question is an exercise in futility. I could not understand all God is doing through my suffering even if He showed me His plan.

Has God changed toward me when the inevitable suffering of life arrives? Is my suffering an illustration of His coldness and cruelty? I suppose I could assume that. But then what? Am I supported and comforted by this thinking? No. Am I embracing the truth about God? No. Will I be better able to endure my suffering holding to the lie that God is some kind of monster for letting me hurt? No. What good purpose is served, then, by railing against God in the middle of my pain? None that I can see.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

UnderPar

Life's linchpin
Jul 2, 2017
Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Find a born again Christian and ask for healing prayer in Jesus name with oil anointing laying on of hands , what do you have to lose ..
Formalities, formalities, imagine we ran our hospitals and clinics like this.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

UnderPar

Life's linchpin
Jul 2, 2017
Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is the thief that stirs up trouble with consequences to us, because, well, we are mortal and we are sinners.

Jesus said "The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and life abundantly". But we do need to wise up quite a bit more yet. Humanity must turn away from doing wickedness and trust in Him. Else He can do nothing to stop the course of destruction we have taken.

It's a responsibility of each individual, some more than others, of course.
I don't think it's a question of the more faith someone has, the more possible it is to heal someone.

If this was the case we should have millions of documented daily cases of faith healings, out of the 2.2 billion Christians that have faith.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

UnderPar

Life's linchpin
Jul 2, 2017
Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I see. Sounds...unpleasant.

I have my own suffering to endure. So far, God has not healed me. Is He cruel and vengeful because He has not? I don't see how that follows. I am not often in agony - thank God - so it may be easier for me to speak clinically about my suffering and God's obligations to me concerning it than for others who are in severe and chronic pain.

Shouldn't God's goodness, His love and grace, provoke Him to alleviate all my pain? It seems so, doesn't it? Surely, real love would require this of God. So, why do I suffer? There are all sorts of responses I could give: philosophical ones, biological ones, theological ones. None of them, though, are very emotionally satisfying. They may make good rational sense, but rarely is this a balm to those in suffering. Let me speak from my experience, then.

Here's ground zero for me: "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." It has occurred to me that to turn away from God in the midst of my suffering is to jump ship in the middle of the storm. The ship doesn't prevent the storm, it doesn't keep me from all of its dangerous and unpleasant effects, but it does keep me afloat, out of the dark, watery depths thrashing about and mounding up around me. When I have been in terrible pain, the knowledge that God is with me, that He knows my hurt intimately, and that He has promised to be my shield, and strong tower, and refuge in the midst of my pain has kept me from sinking beneath the waves of suffering into rage, fear and despair.

Does God have purposes and plans that He is working out in and through my suffering that I cannot see and likely could not fully comprehend even if I could see them? Of course. His ways are not my ways, nor are His thoughts my thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so are His ways above my own. Asking, then, the "Why?" question is an exercise in futility. I could not understand all God is doing through my suffering even if He showed me His plan.

Has God changed toward me when the inevitable suffering of life arrives? Is my suffering an illustration of His coldness and cruelty? I suppose I could assume that. But then what? Am I supported and comforted by this thinking? No. Am I embracing the truth about God? No. Will I be better able to endure my suffering holding to the lie that God is some kind of monster for letting me hurt? No. What good purpose is served, then, by railing against God in the middle of my pain? None that I can see.
Your God must follow the star trek rule of non involvement.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have not because you ask not then you receive not because you ask amiss .. And sickness is a tool to get some folks to stop and be still . Some affliction is because those meant to pray neglect their ministry and will answer for it . There are plenty testimony of folks being healed if you cared to search .. Lots of affliction where folks suffer through their whole life but remain faithful and many will be judged by them .. God is not a personal Jeanie in a bottle ..

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

UnderPar

Life's linchpin
Jul 2, 2017
Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have not because you ask not then you receive not because you ask amiss .. And sickness is a tool to get some folks to stop and be still . Some affliction is because those meant to pray neglect their ministry and will answer for it . There are plenty testimony of folks being healed if you cared to search .. Lots of affliction where folks suffer through their whole life but remain faithful and many will be judged by them .. God is not a personal Jeanie in a bottle ..
Yes a handful of people, and this keeps the rest believing? I don't want to put my hope in the unplausble.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I can't read the bible anymore, it's become a disappointment. Humans are not as blood thirsty as the bible God. He's half loving and half vengeful, there's something really wrong with this whole picture.

Show me a completely loving God, without some desire to seek vengeance.

the explanation is simple, there is a true God that is good, the evil one is satan, all good comes from the true One, all evil comes from the wicked one, the true One has been in a state of incomplete wakefulness since the seventh day due to His struggle with the "darkness" (which has had the chance to exhaust Him through the lack of enough true spiritual servants and witnesses - of course this doesn't mean that He can't or won't overcome the "darkness"), the lack of effective salvation is due to the existence/presence of great spiritual lawlessness/wickedness in this world and lack of enough true spiritual servants, actually the cause and the source of all evil things is the system of human/beastly(666) spirituality/religiosity and spiritual lawlessness/wickedness though manifesting in the form of ostensibly sacred religions - too few people in christianity are true spiritual servants of the true God, as for the rest of the religions, it is almost impossible to find even one true spiritual servant there...

Blessings

• Prayers
Upvote 0

UnderPar

Life's linchpin
Jul 2, 2017
Brisbane
✟4,170.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
the explanation is simple, there is a true God that is good, the evil one is satan, all good comes from the true One, all evil comes from the wicked one, the true One has been in a state of incomplete wakefulness since the seventh day due to His struggle with the "darkness" (which has had the chance to exhaust Him through the lack of enough true spiritual servants and witnesses - of course this doesn't mean that He can't or won't overcome the "darkness"), the lack of effective salvation is due to the existence/presence of great spiritual lawlessness/wickedness in this world and lack of enough true spiritual servants, actually the cause and the source of all evil things is the system of human/beastly(666) spirituality/religiosity and spiritual lawlessness/wickedness though manifesting in the form of ostensibly sacred religions - too few people in christianity are true spiritual servants of the true God, as for the rest of the religions, it is almost impossible to find even one true spiritual servant there...

Blessings
No, the God of the bible has actually slayed children (Among other things)
We have to claim this as a right moral action, since God is good.

Like I said, the picture doesn't add up.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Your God must follow the star trek rule of non involvement.

Not at all. Maybe you should re-read my last post - especially the third paragraph. It doesn't talk about a God who stays uninvolved.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think it's a question of the more faith someone has, the more possible it is to heal someone.

If this was the case we should have millions of documented daily cases of faith healings, out of the 2.2 billion Christians that have faith.
Can you please tell me, what is your purpose in this thread?

• Prayers
Upvote 0