Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ps. 145: 8 The LORD is gracious and full of compassion,
Slow to anger and great in mercy.
9 The LORD is good to all,
And His tender mercies are over all His works.

I love this scripture because it shows the character of God. The way I've heard some people talk you know they have the notion that God might "get them". We see here that God is good. He's not out to get anybody. Yes, we will reap what we sow. But God tells us what to choose because He desires to do us good.

This verse tells us what God is like.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
More that I've found a friend and am praying that she's the "one."
Well, ask if she is. Either she is or she isn't. He knows. He has your mate already selected.

Hallelujah! :clap:

Upvote 0

Calminaion

Sep 28, 2006
Colorado
Visit site
✟16,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, ask if she is. Either she is or she isn't. He knows. He has your mate already selected.

Hallelujah! :clap:

In keeping with the thread topic, I could really use a verse that says "Calminaion thou shalt marry Jane Doe."

But there is no such verse, and thus I am left to wonder if I am truly hearing the Lord or my own wishful thinking.

Upvote 0

lfi

Oct 7, 2006
✟291.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Hi All,
I have been trying to find a thread that spoke about scripture not in a theological way but in a personal way...I am new to the forums so I might be overlooking it. I would like this thread to be about your favorite scripture and what it speaks to you. How does it touch your heart? What does it say to your spirit? How do you grow by remembering it? If you have more than one, then please post the ones you love.

This is NOT a thread to discuss theology or to tell someone they are wrong in how it speaks to them, but a thread to share out joy for God and how we grow based on His word!

Enjoy and share!

~Shell

Thank you for this thread Shell.

My favorite scripture is Ephesians 6:10-18 (The Holy and Redempted Blood of Jesus).

This wonderful scripture helped and is still helping me out tremendously in my walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. The Armour of God. I never take it off.

Blessings,
lfi

Blessings of Peace continue resting upon you Shell.

The entire Word of God is beautiful...

Upvote 0

Enacielle777

"See possibility. Here hope. Speak love."
Mar 31, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟9,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In keeping with the thread topic, I could really use a verse that says "Calminaion thou shalt marry Jane Doe."

But there is no such verse, and thus I am left to wonder if I am truly hearing the Lord or my own wishful thinking.
You are keeping with the topic of this thread....or its purpose anyway...I wanted to start a thread in which we could discuss the Bible and how it speaks to us and do so in an UPLIFTING and ENCOURAGING way and build some friendships along with way. You are speaking well, asking great questions that will help others dig through the Bible and share how it speaks to them, and hopefully be blessed as you share and others share with you! So unless there is a moderator watching who feels that you are offending anyone, which I KNOW isn't the case, you are more than in-line with talking about how you are searching for that one and would like God to speak to you through Scripture...keep it coming! Let's see if we can bless you with some help...while one about Jane Doe isn't in the Bible...I promise there is an answer waiting for you!

More to come during the week...

Bless you for your fellowship!

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I could really use a verse that says "Calminaion thou shalt marry Jane Doe."

We would all love to find verses like these! It would make life so easy, but then we would never press in to seek Him with all our heart. We would remain emotionally distant. Besides, could you imagine how big the Bible would be if every detail for every person were in it?

God has a great solution, as always. He has given us His Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth, and to give direction our lives.

Romans 8:14 > for as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are the sons of God;

God's children know His voice and are led by His Spirit.

I recommend reading Rom. 8 from v.1 all the way to this verse because you will see it in its context. There are some key verses to touch on preceding v.14. If we are carnally minded it will interfere with our ability to hear. We can sometimes interject our own will and stamp God's approval on it through the deceitfulness of sin. If we are walking after the spirit we are protected from human error.

All this is not to say she is not "the one". I truly haven't a clue. That is a matter between you and the Lord, and a matter you need to settle. Don't feel like you have to rush it though. That is a ploy of the enemy, to get you to be hasty. Take all the time you need, until you are very sure.

Please take this advice from one who has made wrong choices in the past. It's not worth it. God's choices and His plans so far exceed whatever we could put together. This I also know from choosing His plan. Besides the Word backs it up, and that is the final authority, God's Word.

Upvote 0

It follows then just as the result of a single transgression is a condemnation which to the whole race, so also is the result of a single degree of righteousness is a life giving acquittal which extends to the
whole race. (19) for as thought the disobedience of one individual the mass of mankind were constituted as sinners, so also though the obedience of one, the mass of mankind will be constituted righteous. Now law was brought in later on so that the transgression might increase, but sin increased, grace is overflowed.

Just speaks of God's total purposr for His total creation.

Upvote 0

Enacielle777

Mar 31, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟9,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for this thread Shell.

My favorite scripture is Ephesians 6:10-18 (The Holy and Redempted Blood of Jesus).

This wonderful scripture helped and is still helping me out tremendously in my walk with the Lord Jesus Christ. The Armour of God. I never take it off.

Blessings,
lfi

Blessings of Peace continue resting upon you Shell.

The entire Word of God is beautiful...
You are welcome! It has blessed me to most, I believe!

Upvote 0

Enacielle777

Mar 31, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟9,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Isaiah 53 WEB[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Who has believed our message? To whom has the arm of Yahweh been revealed?

2 For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground. He has no form nor comeliness. When we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

3 He was despised, and rejected by men; a man of suffering, and acquainted with disease. He was despised as one from whom men hide their face; and we didn't respect him.

4 Surely he has borne our sickness, and carried our suffering; yet we considered him plagued, struck by God, and afflicted.

5 But he was pierced for our transgressions. He was crushed for our iniquities. The punishment that brought our peace was on him; and by his wounds we are healed.
[/FONT]

So tomorrow, Shawn, my brother, goes in for surgery at 11:15...you all, I am STILL BELIEVING GOD for his healing! I am still believing that God can work and will work and that the doctor will cut my brother open and say "What the heck! I have the wrong person...there is nothing wrong with this young man's colon!" God is good. My assistant pastor, who happens to be an evangelist (!!!) is going to be at the hospital at noon and I am truly believing he is not going there to cheer my brother on (as he stated) but to lead my mother and father to the Lord when they are told by the doctors that my brother has been healed!

Will anyone believe with me?! Will some of you who I have never met start sending up praises to Heaven for the WONDER WORKING POWER OF GOD? Will you stand with me and stand in the gap for my brother and believe that God will work this miracle and that the doctors and nurses and everyone who has watched my brother struggle for the past four years with this horrible disease will be touched by the presence of God as they have never imagined!!!!!!!!

Bless you all. I have been piled under schoolwork and won't be on for a few more days, but wanted to stop real quick to ask for your prayers and tell you that you are all such a blessing to me! Thank you for sharing your favorites scriptures and how they touch you! You have blessed me more than you could ever know!

~Shell

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Isaiah 53 WEB[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 Who has believed our message? To whom has the arm of Yahweh been revealed?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 For he grew up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of dry ground. He has no form nor comeliness. When we see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3 He was despised, and rejected by men; a man of suffering, and acquainted with disease. He was despised as one from whom men hide their face; and we didn't respect him.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4 Surely he has borne our sickness, and carried our suffering; yet we considered him plagued, struck by God, and afflicted.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5 But he was pierced for our transgressions. He was crushed for our iniquities. The punishment that brought our peace was on him; and by his wounds we are healed.[/FONT]

So tomorrow, Shawn, my brother, goes in for surgery at 11:15...you all, I am STILL BELIEVING GOD for his healing! I am still believing that God can work and will work and that the doctor will cut my brother open and say "What the heck! I have the wrong person...there is nothing wrong with this young man's colon!" God is good. My assistant pastor, who happens to be an evangelist (!!!) is going to be at the hospital at noon and I am truly believing he is not going there to cheer my brother on (as he stated) but to lead my mother and father to the Lord when they are told by the doctors that my brother has been healed!

Will anyone believe with me?! Will some of you who I have never met start sending up praises to Heaven for the WONDER WORKING POWER OF GOD? Will you stand with me and stand in the gap for my brother and believe that God will work this miracle and that the doctors and nurses and everyone who has watched my brother struggle for the past four years with this horrible disease will be touched by the presence of God as they have never imagined!!!!!!!!

~Shell

Yes, yes, yes!! You have been on my heart so strongly this morning, Shell. I felt the urge to get on your thread.... God is faithful! I am believing with you, for the Lord's will is that none will perish. As for your brother, he was healed by Jesus' stripes, that beautiful, powerful scripture you posted.

Upvote 0

Enacielle777

Mar 31, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟9,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey All...God is God...He is amazing and unchanging and while at first I was truly sad about my brother not being healed miraclously (I so think I spelled that horribly wrong), I got over it. (You can read about it on my blog...http://blog.myspace.com/shellv777). What I will say here is thank you so much for your prayer and your faith. God is moving. And while it wasn't the way I really was believing for...God never does anything half way. He is a God of the unbelievable...so I will continue to praise Him!!!

Thank you for believing.

The scripture on my heart tonight, another one that speaks to me often:

2 Sam. 22: 47-51

47 "The Lord lives! Praise be to my Rock! Exalted be God, the Rock, my Savior! 48 He is the God who avenges me, who puts the nations under me, 49 who sets me free from my enemies. You exalted me above my foes; from violent men you rescued me. 50 Therefore I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing praises to your name. 51 He gives his king great victories; he shows unfailing kindness to his anointed, to David and his descendants forever."

Upvote 0

nhzname

Work in progress ... Phil. 1:6
Oct 21, 2004
Vancouver
Visit site
✟18,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I personalized Matt. 16:18 and use it as encouragement to 'press on' to fulfill the call God has placed on my life ... despite my 'lack'. He said He is sufficient so ... 'Upon this rock (Christ) I will build ... and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.'

All praise to His holy name!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Enacielle777

Mar 31, 2006
Connecticut
Visit site
✟9,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I love to personalize scripture. I love to read the Bible as God wrote it to me...which He did...to each of us. I love to hear Him say, "You, Michelle, are my child, with whom I am well pleased." I love to put myself in the prophets shoes, if you will, and say, "Here I am Lord, send me." It brings the Word alive for me.

~Shell

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They that trust in the LORD shall be as Mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever. Ps. 125:1

This makes me feel very secure in the Lord. The world may be shakling around me, but it doesn't matter; I'm abiding in Him forever.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Psalm 95:6
O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the LORD our maker.

I love to worship the Lord. I believe that should be our priority.
:bow:
Here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that Your my God
You're altogether lovely
Altogether worthy
Altogether wonderful to me.....
:kiss:

We sang this just this morning. It was powerful. It was sweet.

Upvote 0