Your Favorite Scripture & How It Speaks to You

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bears record of thyself; thy record is not true.
Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
<-----> John 8:13+14

Find comfort in the fact that's there's usually an exception to a rule, so that one ought not think we/they "know" any thing too well !

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"Behold, the eye of the Lord is upon them that fear HIM, upon them that hope in HIS mercy; to deliver their soul from death, and to keep them alive in famine. Our soul waiteth for the Lord; HE is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in HIM, because we have trusted in HIS holy Name. Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in THEE." [Psalms 33:18-22]

He is ABLE and He keeps us right in the palm of His hand......and we find refuge under His feathers (isn't that a wonderfully comforting, safe place to be?)

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And [Jesus] said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt. <-----> Mark 14:36

Studying this saying (along w/Mt.26:42) revealed Jesus was saying "not what I (as a man) wish/prefer but what God His Father had purposed/decreed". And that sums up the nature of submission to The Most High; which is greatly assisted by recognizing His decrees and purposes take precedence over our wishes and preferences, even as His foresight and understanding far exceeds our own as mere mortals.

Upvote 0

wayfaring man

Veteran
Jan 25, 2004
✟20,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD. <-----> Jeremiah 23:24

Twofold appreciation here, with consolation regarding assurance that no one is "getting away", with anything. And, that no matter where we be - There Is He !!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is one of my faves b/c it reveals what Jesus is to us, and a glimpse of who we are in Him.

1 Corinthians 1:30But it is from Him that you have your life in Christ Jesus, Whom God made our Wisdom from God, [revealed to us a knowledge of the divine plan of salvation previously hidden, manifesting itself as] our Righteousness [thus making us upright and putting us in right standing with God], and our Consecration [making us pure and holy], and our Redemption [providing our ransom from eternal penalty for sin].
:clap:

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love this Psalm, especially when fighting my evil voices.:thumbsup:

Psalm 6

For the director of music. With stringed instruments. According to sheminith. A psalm of David.

LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger
or discipline me in your wrath.
Have mercy on me, LORD, for I am faint;
heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.
My soul is in deep anguish.
How long, LORD, how long?

Turn, LORD, and deliver me;
save me because of your unfailing love.
Among the dead no one proclaims your name.
Who praises you from the grave?

I am worn out from my groaning.
All night long I flood my bed with weeping
and drench my couch with tears.
My eyes grow weak with sorrow;
they fail because of all my foes.

Away from me, all you who do evil,
for the LORD has heard my weeping.
The LORD has heard my cry for mercy;
the LORD accepts my prayer.

All my enemies will be overwhelmed with shame and anguish;
they will turn back and suddenly be put to shame.

Upvote 0

IndieVisible

Feb 11, 2009
✟793.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Great question and thread!

I have so many favorite scriptures for different reasons that play so many roles for me!

The most important ones IMHO..

Matt 22:
35 Then one of them, who was a lawyer, asked Him a question, tempting Him and saying, 36 "Master, which is the great commandment in the law?" 37 Jesus said unto him, "`Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.' 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it: `Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.' 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

which brings to mind,

1Cor 13:
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned , and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

This is amazing indeed! without love and charity, really, think about this, you have gained nothing!

You can go to church every day, pray for hours, recite the Rosary, help the poor, even be a martyr for your Church, but if you lack Love and charity, all your work was in vain, you gained nothing!

This lead me to consider how many like to argue which sin is worse when in fact, all sin is sin and the worst thing about sin, any sin, is it separates us from God. You can't exactly be in fellowship or harmony with God while you sin can you? It will always boil down to who your going to place first, god or yourself.

For me this was a eye opener and major revelation. With out love all this is a waste of time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IndieVisible

Feb 11, 2009
✟793.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Great question and thread!

I have so many favorite scriptures for different reasons that play so many roles for me!

The most important ones IMHO..

Matt 22:
35 Then one of them, who was a lawyer, asked Him a question, tempting Him and saying, 36 "Master, which is the great commandment in the law?" 37 Jesus said unto him, "`Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.' 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it: `Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.' 40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

which brings to mind,

1Cor 13:
1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned , and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

This is amazing indeed! without love and charity, really, think about this, you have gained nothing!

You can go to church every day, pray for hours, recite the Rosary, help the poor, even be a martyr for your Church, but if you lack Love and charity, all your work was in vain, you gained nothing!

This lead me to consider how many like to argue which sin is worse when in fact, all sin is sin and the worst thing about sin, any sin, is it separates us from God. You can't exactly be in fellowship or harmony with God while you sin can you? It will always boil down to who your going to place first, god or yourself.

Love is the only thing we can not fake, it has to be real!

For me this was a eye opener and major revelation. With out love all this is a waste of time.

Reactions: CindyisHis
Upvote 0