seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,
14 I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

A runner can't run a winning race by looking behind him. And so I can only reach my potential in Christ by looking to Jesus, not behind at my failures, or even my accomplishments. Looking at failures drag me down. Looking at accomplishes can cause pride and in turn, keep me from pressing on.

Reactions: fieldlily
Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Over the years (and you can see for me there have been many) different scriptures have been what I would call "guiding scriptures" in my life as times, places, circumstance, and I changed.

Recently I guess you could say my guiding scripture and current favorite is: Rm.12:9 "Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good."

In this what stands out to me is "cling"...don't just do...but "cling" to what is good...no matter what the current cultural trend may be, the place in which I find myself, the circumstances, or how I feel. But sometimes the "clinging" does mean changing too. That's where discerning prayer is needed to tell the difference. :pray:

So, then I can say. Yes, "cling" to what is good and what IS good???

Obviously God is good. And His Will and Word are good.
Worship is Good...I cannot forsake it even for a little while. Prayer is good and I must remember to pray at all times for and in all things. Fellowship is good and I must stay involved with others caring and giving as well as receiving. And so on...

The rest of the scripture is good...especially the words: "Love must be sincere." :amen: from Birdie :angel:

Reactions: CindyisHis
Upvote 0

CindyisHis

I am my Beloved's and He is mine.
Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
2 Kings 4:1 Now a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets cried out to Elisha, "Your servant my husband is dead, and you know that your servant feared the LORD; and the creditor has come to take my two children to be his slaves."

2 Elisha said to her, "What shall I do for you? Tell me, what do you have in the house?" And she said, "Your maidservant has nothing in the house except a jar of oil."

3 Then he said, "Go, borrow vessels at large for yourself from all your neighbors, even empty vessels; do not get a few.

4 "And you shall go in and shut the door behind you and your sons, and pour out into all these vessels, and you shall set aside what is full."

5 So she went from him and shut the door behind her and her sons; they were bringing the vessels to her and she poured.

6 When the vessels were full, she said to her son, "Bring me another vessel." And he said to her, "There is not one vessel more." And the oil stopped.

7 Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, "Go, sell the oil and pay your debt, and you and your sons can live on the rest."

Like birdie, I have many, many "favorite scriptures", and this is yet another one, especially at this time in my life.

1. It shows the Lord can propser anyone, anytime, anywhere. This was a widow woman with no means of any income, yet that didn't keep the Lord from meeting her needs.

2. The Lord used the things she had on hand. We often have unused resources that the Lord can multiply.

3. She believed the prophet. Another scripture says believe the Lord's prophets and you will prosper.

4. She acted on what she believed.

5. This was no small provision, just to help her get by on for a little time. There was enough to pay all her debts and to live on the rest! :clap:

Upvote 0
P

psalm18

I love this thread!!! I am new to this web site, and I am so happy to be here.

My favorite verse is my tag name, Psalm 18:1
I love you, LORD; you are my strength.

I say this every day, oudloud. I don't know where I would be without my heavenly father. This thread has made me cry a couple of times, and that's a good thing. Thank all of you for believing.

God bless you!!!

Reactions: rita727
Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome, Psalm 18:1! Yes, that is one of my favorite verses, too. Thank you!

I put this on another thread today, but I wanted to share it here as well:

But He know the way that I take;
When He has tested me I shall come forth as gold.

--Job 23:10

This verse gave me such comfort as I fought my way through a terrible illness. I knew that somehow God would use my trial for good, and I would come out "gold," maybe not right away, but eventually.

My brothers and sisters, if you are going through a trial today, just know that your Father hears when you cry out to Him. Perhaps He won't take you out of the trial, but through it, as He did me. He will use that trial to change you. Yes, you will come out as gold.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Romans 12:19:Vegeance is mine, I will repay, saith the Lord as when I feel like telling someone off. I realize that ain't my call so I give it to the Lord! As that is the Lord's place to do!

Upvote 0

fieldlily

God heals and restores!
Mar 7, 2005
USA
✟26,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today my favorite scripture is: Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain...(Psalms 127:1 NIV)

It speaks to me because recently our church put on a shelf it's eight year plans for building a new church coming to the conclusion that for now it is not God's Will to begin. This is after much consultation, prayers, and discernment on the part of the staff and congregation. And in so doing they have put people before the project although the project was for the people. Most of all they have put God first.

The vision awaits another time. The worship, growth, outreach, and work continue.

Glory! :pray:

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Philippians 4:4 Rejoice always, and again I say rejoice.

I like this verse because it reminds me to rejoice, even when I don't feel like it. Rejoicing changes everything. Our attitute determines our altitute, I've heard it said, and I've seen it to be true. By rejoicing when there is no apparent reason, we are somehow lifted up, and the feelings do actually follow.

So my friends, rejoice! :clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laloni

Apr 29, 2007
✟9,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think this speaks for itself

spirit_plaque.jpg

Upvote 0

jsimms615

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2006
✟143,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am quite fond of the letter of Colossians. I wrote my thesis for my Masters of Divinity degree on the Colossian problem that Paul was addressing. I love how Paul emphasizes the preeminence of Jesus. Especially powerful is Col 1:13-17
"For He delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of HIs beloved Son, . . .For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things have been created by Him and For Him."

I love how verse 13 emphasizes what Jesus did for us. He is the one who delivered us and transferred us. Then, it is also for him that all of creation was created.

Upvote 0

plmarquette

Veteran
Oct 5, 2004
Auburn , IL.
✟4,379.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Republican
Those on The Believer's Authority
... Luke 9.1, 10.9 ; Mark 11.23-4 ; Romans 10.14-17 ...

As God spoke in Genesis , as Jesus did battle with satan in the desert " it is written " , my dad , God said !

Speak to the mountains in your life ... sickness , sorrow , oppression , persecution , be ye removed ! and keep speaking , the devil is slow of mind and hard of hearing ...

Lay hands on people and confess God's word over them .. Psalm 103 the benefits of our faith ; Psalm 119.5 a God who hears and answers ; Matthew 7.7-9 ask and you will receive ..

We are not an accident , but have a purpose (ephesians 1.5,11) , we have an anointing ( like Jesus , Isaiah 61.1-3 to minister to one another ) ...

We with our minister , are part of the body of Christ , the body that Christ enabled by his blood , the Holy Spirit , and Angels ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isaiah 14:1 For the LORD will have mercy on Jacob, and will still choose Israel, and settle them in their own land. The strangers will be joined with them, and they will cling to the house of Jacob.
2 Then people will take them and bring them to their place, and the house of Israel will possess them for servants and maids in the land of the LORD; they will take them captive whose captives they were, and rule over their oppressors.

The highlighted part jumped out at me this morning. This is a prophetic verse regarding Israel, but it is prophetic in a sense beyond that. This is talking about me! I was once captive to the prince of the power of the air - satan, as it is put in Eph. 2:2. I was captive to my oppressor, but now, thanks be to God, through Jesus, my Lord, I trample on him! I have authority over the devil!

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Upvote 0

CindyisHis

Jun 28, 2006
✟44,598.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]

I draw strength form this verse. It doesn't matter how many trials, how great the distress, or exasperating the frustration, I have a place of refuge. There use to be a commercial years ago with the quip, "Take me away Calgon". Calgon was bubble bath or something like it. Anyone remember? Anyhow, Jesus has a place for me, a retreat. I hide myself in Him. I remember who He is. I remember His Word. I hear His voice, and I emerge, sometimes in only minutes, sometimes longer, confident, certain, and undaunted. I'm confident of the surety of His Word, certain He is always with me, and undaunted by what may beset me. Nothing can harm. I have His promise.

Upvote 0