Rock Climber
Aug 18, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
✟15,257.00
Faith
Christian
onecrazycowgirl said:
I like reading about horses - I really like learning about lamenesses and respiratory problems. But most anthing about the mechanics of how horses work fascinates me. I like Macdonald and Tolkien and CS Lewis and a few fiction authors though, too.
Cool, I'm readin about horse's atm as well, mostely riding and natural horsemenship stuff, although I do have a couple how your horse works and stable management books too! I love reading about my hobbies. My shelf of horsey books is getting almost as full as my shelf of Rock Climbing books, oh and the one full of computer (programming mostly) books

I've never read Macdonald but I have allot of Tolkien and CS Lewis books too, and most of david eddings, bryan Jaquis, David Brin, J. K Rowling and Robin Hobbs books. As you can guess I quite like fantasy still books :) and I read at a silly speed which can make it a bit of an expensive hobby...

DanielB

Upvote 0

MysteryProf

Apostate
Jan 2, 2004
Chicago
Visit site
✟382.00
Faith
Atheist
I'll read pretty much anything, but my definite favorite topics involve religious history, especially Christianity, Hellenistic Judaism, and paganism in the Greco-Roman world. Right now I'm working through Religion and Science: Historical and Contemporary Issues. Next I'm going to tackle What is Gnosticism? by Karen King.

~MysteryProf

Upvote 0
T

totheright

My favorite subject is reading is early American history from the Revolutionary period to the early Federalist period, especially about (1) the writing and ratification of the Constitution and (2) the establishment clause of the First Amendment. Along that line, I've also enjoyed reading friend of the court briefs filed with the U.S. Supreme Court on various cases such as the Pledge case and the recent Texas sodomy case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biographies-especially of royals, nobles, and famous families.
History-WWII, War of Northern Aggression, and I'm started to get interested in Henry VIII and the annulment issues between him and the pope.
I also love going through Burke's Peerage books and the Almanach de Gotha, etc.

Not a big fan of fiction, but I will read what I consider are "Classics" and historical novels.

Upvote 0