Your favorite reading subject?

katelyn said:
Aww, why is everyone so against romance? ;)

I don't read those ones, you know, from the big romance section at Barnes & Noble...but I do read Christian romance books.

I mostly like contemporary fiction, nothing too scary. I like authors like Brandilyn Collins, Shaunti Feldhahn, Kristen Heitzmann (though I haven't read any of her historical fiction), and Karen Kingsbury.
katelyn, I enjoy Christian romances, too. I just resubscribed to the Heartsong Presents book club. Also, Francine Rivers is a very good writer. I've read most of her books.

Upvote 0

SnowOwlMoon

Aug 14, 2003
✟514.00
Faith
Catholic
onecrazycowgirl said:
Ok y'all, so let's all think some happy thoughts ... :D

I like reading about horses - I really like learning about lamenesses and respiratory problems. But most anthing about the mechanics of how horses work fascinates me. I like Macdonald and Tolkien and CS Lewis and a few fiction authors though, too. If pressed for something to read, I'll happily put my nose into anything but romance. ;)

I also enjoy reading about animal behavior, especially dogs, since I'm really into dogs and training right now. I haven't been involved with horses in a long time, but still enjoy reading about them, too.

Upvote 0

katelyn

Senior Veteran
Oct 6, 2003
✟17,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HopefullyDevoted2You said:
katelyn, I enjoy Christian romances, too. I just resubscribed to the Heartsong Presents book club. Also, Francine Rivers is a very good writer. I've read most of her books.
I'll have to check her out, as I haven't read any of her books. :pink:

Upvote 0

Tsaxgurl317

Nov 27, 2002
tx
✟910.00
Faith
Christian
medical thrillers and pretty much any fiction books that put real people in real situations.....I'm getting more into the medical side of things though....i like trying to figure out whats going to happen next before reading it lol...lately though i've been reading lectures from college classes online....i'm so not your typical teen lol

Upvote 0

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Alenci said:
That sounds interesting. I have pretty eclectic interests in non-fiction. I read just about anything! :)

Same here! I've read everything from law books to books on history and culture to pretty much everything. Also, while I'm not really into true-crime that much (I *did* read a book and some articles on a doomsday cult once when I was considering working on a ministry to the members :eek: that was one mixed up cult), I do like to read stories about true fraud cases-it's rather interesting to see how the crimes developed, how the scammers were caught and tried, etc. In fact, because of my reading of several past cases (Ponzi et al), I actually kind of knew what was being talked about in the recent corporate crime cases. :)

As for fiction, I really don't know where my interests lie much. I liked the Left Behind series until it started really dragging and becoming too formulaic (around books 3 and 4) and I didn't like the overpreachiness of it. I like original fantasy and sci-fi somewhat-I'm currently reading some unpublished (aside from online) works by a friend of mine. And I devour some anime-based fanfiction LOL. . . ;) I think I enjoy almost any type of fiction as long as it is well written. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

webgirl

Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
✟171.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I'm a big fan of biographies... or stories relating to the real lives of people (although I have to admit that I don't read a lot about criminals.) :)

Right now, I'm starting "The Art of Deception" about Kevin Mitnik... probably the most notorious computer hackers of our time... so far. Okay, I guess technically, he was a criminal so maybe I have to retract the statement above. hehe

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shekinahs

Christian=Cross
Nov 23, 2003
✟1,569.00
Faith
Christian
Blessings,

Most of my reading (about 95%) are spiritual books. I am looking to expand into spiritual novels since I tend to see movies which were books before they were movies and everybody always says the books are better than the movie. ^_^ I tend to read spiritual non-fiction.

~ShekinahMoon~

Upvote 0