HonestTruth

Jul 4, 2013
Reaganomics: TOTAL FAIL
✟9,787.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no doubt in my mind that the greatest Rock station of all time was the legendary WLIR-FM from Long Island, NY. From its heyday in the early 1970s to the mid 1980s it introduced more Rock stars than any other station. They had a great format of humor segments, music that wasn't played anywhere else, and live concerts many of which were for charities. They introduced Billy Joel, the Good Rats, Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, U2, and many other groups. Every single day they presented something different, something funny, and a uniqueness that I have not seen since those days.

Here is something from youtube which reveals a lot about them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNgMuW6Vsf8

There are other websites and videos on YT which present more. How I miss that station!

-----------

Nowadays, I listen to totallyradio.uk especially to its Aracataca show which features Latino music from the 1960s to 1990s. And I listen to Minnesota's three public radio stations (one news, another classical music, and the third modern contemporary stuff).

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
High Plains Public Radio NPR especially Fright Nights they have a BLUES Fest starting with Friday night Blues and going on past midnight-you can listen in the backgroudn while you work, play or chat- I love em (Bro T-Bone is the DJ)

Upvote 0