Feb 19, 2002
Kentucky
Visit site
✟807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think its funny because you guys are telling us to not focus on this...and I am not disagreeing with you...but I do want to say that when you are a girl you hope and dream for this day...and its not like we think about this every day...We do have lives guys...but its fun to talk about what we want in life...I've thought about it...but that doesn't mean that its set in stone or that I won't change my mind...

After having said that let me tell you what I want for my wedding...

I want to get married on the beach...at sunset...early spring or late summer...
Simple white dress...groom in khakis and a button up white shirt...
The bridesmaids will be dressed in a colos scheme and not have on the same dress...(pinks and purples)
I will have flip flops for all my guests...and will be walking down the aisle barefoot...
Big dinner reception at the end catered...my mom and grandmother are going to make my cake...

All this is subject to change...I am not a very traditional type of person...and I want my wedding to be confortable...not stressful...

Jess

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
6th April 2003 at 07:51 AM TANKERx said this in Post #10

My ideal wedding would be me at home watching rugby while the service is on. When it comes to the bits where I have to say ID and all that, the Best Man can call me on his Cellphone and he can pass on my "I Do" and "I will" stuff, like at an auction.

After that, some fish & chips down the local Harry Ramsden's or steak and chips down the M4 motorway services off the Penllergaer junction. Anybody who wants can come, but they pay for their own grub. Simple.

Then off to honeymoon somewhere nice.

How does that sound? Any takers?

:D You crack me up! Good luck on convincing your wife-to-be with this plan.....

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
6th April 2003 at 09:46 AM two feathers said this in Post #12

Not so, rach.

I see escaping to a far off place, to marry the one you love, as being terribly romantic.

Now, spending two years paying off debts procurred by a needlessly extravagant wedding...How romantic is that? :)

You make a very good case for elopement, two feathers. Especially the part about not spending two years to pay for it! :)

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
7th April 2003 at 09:08 AM JoieDeVivre said this in Post #15

Here's my dream wedding:

* It'll be in a church with a really long aisle. Tons of flowers everywhere.
* My bridal march song will be Pachelbel's Kanon in D. My entourage will walk either to Bach's Jesu, Joy's of Man's Desiring or Air on the 'G' string. Songs to be performed by a string quartet.
* Everyone I love will be there, which basically means hundreds of people. This is really important to me since majority of my friends are non-Cs. I sort of wanna use my wedding as a way to evangelize to them.
* I want my reception to be underneath the stars. Huge tent, lots of candles.
* Josh Groban will sing all of his songs during the reception.

Remember, the operative word here is dream, which to me, is synonymous to unrealistic. A girl can dream, can't she?

Oh, I like this one! Especially the part about Josh Groban singing. When you book him for yours, will you get him for mine? ;)

I like the idea of a simple wedding, outdoors on a beautiful, warm, summer evening. Lots of stars and lots of candles. Simple dresses, simple food. Part of me thinks a big, ole' BBQ would be fun for a reception. Of course the white gown would have to go at that point. :D

Upvote 0

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I am going to plan on having my wedding be a representation of the wedding feast of heaven. Invite a ton of people even though I don't know them, bring in food, entertainment, love on them. And it's gonna be a fun wedding, not simply a stardard walk down the aisle one. I'm good with different.

Upvote 0

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't want a "traditional wedding". I think they're rather. . .boring.:sorry: I wanna do something people are gonna remember!:D I would like my wedding to be music filled! Complete with a. . . guitar wedding cake or something like that. :cool: I think it would totally rock to have a rock band play at the wedding.

Oddly, I don't want to get married in a church. I've had my heart set on this one place but idk...i may change my mind.:)

I want it to be romantic but. . .fun and memorable at the same time.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
I love that Two Feathers was made fun of a bit, but he's totally married now. :p

I'm a typical woman, I guess. I have a dream wedding pictured in my head sometimes and have thought about certain things I'd like to have included in the ceremony. Sad, hey? Oh well... I even have saved pictures of things that inspire me. I still have hope that it will happen for me one day, but who knows. Only God.

Upvote 0
S

smacky ramone

Vegasssssssssssssssssss! I want to be married by an Elvis impersonator!

elvis-impersonator-wedding-03.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aino

God's own
May 16, 2009
Finland
✟37,132.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was 15 when this thread was made

I was 11 LOL. Back then I probably would have said I'm never getting married... Now I think I'd love to go semi-big... Like ~200-250 guests or so - all friends and family should be included. And lots of flowers, music and food. I'm thinking of a Summer wedding and I kind of have a church in mind too, and a place where I'd have the party afterwards. :sorry: I dunno, we'll see what happens.

Upvote 0