your CF hero

DarcyWillow

A girl who loves God, Life, and Honduras!
Jun 20, 2008
London, ON
✟9,120.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
I used to like these threads but now I totally see that they are just a popularity contest. They make popular people feel good and people who aren't well known, have different opinions, or are just not popular feel like crap.

Reactions: Hockey_Fan
Upvote 0

ido

Adios
May 7, 2007
✟56,288.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I'm more than a little disappointed that negative comments have been posted in this thread. It wasn't meant to make anyone feel bad or left out, etc. If someone disagrees with the sentiment behind a thread such as this, then just don't post in it. But, posting something negative isn't helpful at all.

Or, post something all-incusive, as Markus did. I've read it and I'm thankful to the people who have mentioned me - but I haven't posted b/c I know that others view these types of threads as "popularity contests" and so I try to be sensitive to that. But, where is the harm - REALLY - in wanting to lift one another up and affirm us in our actions and impact that we have on this board?

Upvote 0
E

EazyMack

I'm more than a little disappointed that negative comments have been posted in this thread. It wasn't meant to make anyone feel bad or left out, etc. If someone disagrees with the sentiment behind a thread such as this, then just don't post in it. But, posting something negative isn't helpful at all.

Or, post something all-incusive, as Markus did. I've read it and I'm thankful to the people who have mentioned me - but I haven't posted b/c I know that others view these types of threads as "popularity contests" and so I try to be sensitive to that. But, where is the harm - REALLY - in wanting to lift one another up and affirm us in our actions and impact that we have on this board?

Err, if this is referring to my post at all, I was just being silly. :sorry:

Reactions: ido
Upvote 0

Windmill

Legend
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2004
New Zealand
Visit site
✟38,797.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
I used to like these threads but now I totally see that they are just a popularity contest. They make popular people feel good and people who aren't well known, have different opinions, or are just not popular feel like crap.
I dunno.. they aren't all popularity contests. No one in the singles section knows me... so no one posted me, but I don't mind :) I was just happy to be able to post my CF Hero.

Upvote 0

WileyCoyote

Contributor
Dec 4, 2007
✟54,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Your tell-it-like-it-is attitude mixed with your inhuman intelligence make you one of my heroes on this forum, Darcy. I wish I can one day be as smart as you. :)

(No sarcasm)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There are two primary reasons why I didn't name anybody who posts here.

1 - It would be too hard to pick just three.
2 - I'm aware of the nature of these threads, and didn't want to hurt the feelings of those who aren't named.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟36,579.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I dunno.. they aren't all popularity contests. No one in the singles section knows me... so no one posted me, but I don't mind :) I was just happy to be able to post my CF Hero.

True.
It is nice to be appreciated, but it's better to come to these with a giving attitude than walk away pouting because you didn't receive anything.

On that note, I respect windmill too. We're both INTJ asexuals, that's a unique type of bond. (Twisted, but unique. xD)

Upvote 0

* kittie *

Contributor
Oct 19, 2002
✟24,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Same here. :thumbsup:

me also. It's just a forum for me. But I do like being able to point out ppl that I appreciate. Doesn't mean that they are better than anyone else though. But then again, I don't see anyone in CF as being "popular" or "cool". If they are "cool", I probably don't notice them or care. But if they are genuine, friendly people, they stick out.

Upvote 0