Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think it is being out of control but a selfish issue.

I want to do it therefore I am.

In my experience it has been the younger crew that are deep into justifing it and not excepting it. My peer group is a different story. They try very hard not to have the temptation and understand more what the implications and consequences of sex outside of marriage.

Those that I do know who are having a sexual reltionship don't try and justify it. Again, it's I want to and therefore I am.
yes it is a selfish problem, it's sin.

I've seen lots of single people in your age group try to justify it, or older; In real life, in a singles group of a church. I don't think it's an age thing; it's a flat out sin thing. I'm sorry, but you always seem so down on younger people. I don't think it does any good to point fingers or try to lay blame. Yes, there are lots of younger people (younger than me even) that justify premarital sex, but there are also many that don't. If you look for the negative you will find it.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
HI,
I hadn't really studied inappropriate contenteia and the other 4 Greek words in the family till just recently. I came to beleive that the main meaning of the Greek is sex with a temple prostitute. Tho as Kerrie there are some other meanings according to context.
I see Christians as being under 2 rules, to love God and to love others. I see sex as a loving thing thing.
One of he things I also did was to read thru church history again, twice actually. With a focus on what they church said about sex, woman, birth control and women in leadership. What I found was up untill Luther the churches main focus seemed to me to make sex a sin in as many situations as possible. Like sex the day before taking comunion was a sin for a while. Even Jerome thought any pleasure one took in sex with ones spouce was a sin. The only sex being acceptable was to have a child, that being OK because a baby was born a virgin.

I praise God many churches now accept sex in marriage to be a good thing. But that is in contrast to a panplet I read by a Methodist Pastor's wife saying a bride had to put up with the husband wanting sex for a few months, but then listed the way she could minimize her husband's wanting that disusting sex.

So I found most of chursh history to be very antisex. While Paul said to the pure all things are pure, but to the defiled are all things defined.

dayhiker

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.