Young marriage/sex before marriage

Katherines12

Dec 29, 2014
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi :) quick background is I have been dating my boyfriend for about 3 years. We had started our relationship as somewhat fake Christians, and we both have been born again. And want to put God first in EVERYTHING that we do. We had been having sex but haven't done anything sexual for about 6 months. It's honestly been one of the hardest things I have ever done. But here's where my questions come in.

I know that if is not right in any way to have sex before marriage, I used to justify it saying "well they didn't have rules for relationship and sex" but I know I was deceiving myself.

What I've come to realize is I love my boyfriend and ultimately know that I never want to be with anyone else, couldn't even imagine it. But, I never know what will happen and I know what the Bible says about premarital sex, and although I can argue saying it doesn't say anything about commitment and sex, or relationships and sex. I know it really comes down to the Bible is clear on no sex before marriage and If you aren't married you don't have sex. If God had different rules for committed relationships he would of said so.

Ultimately I know I want to marry my boyfriend but I'm only 17 and he's 18. I know the bible says things about how it's better to be married then be filled with sinful passion. I know that from us dating so long i know everything about him, know enough to know I want to be with him. But I guess I just wanted to see what:
1. Others think about young marriage
2. If there Are any verses that prove or disprove anything I've said above

When it comes down to it money won't be a problem if we decided to get married young and I'm blessed that is the case. I just don't know other reasons why it may not be a good idea.

Sorry if this post is confusing, I kind of wanted to get my point across then ask questions. :)

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Hi Katherine, Welcome to CF.
In Bible times people were often married by your age. Even when I was your age, many couples got married after high school graduation. Some of those marriages were very good ones. Some struggled.
To me the important thing at your age is to keep learning how to communicate better and to be able to have the hard conversations about where each of you are at. For each of you to be able to give and receive from each other. When I was married I thought we were doing pretty good, but after years of avoiding a few topics they came back to bite us. I was just learning the level of communication that was needed but it was too late as she hadn't learned that next level of communication. So we both were too slow. So hope it all works out for you.

Upvote 0