• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

You....Please...just say what’s really on your mind.

Discussion in 'Community Hangout' started by look4hope, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Jamdoc

Jamdoc Well-Known Member

+1,059
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    I'm pretty transparent about most things, wearing my heart on my sleeve is an understatement, but as a result, sometimes me opening up and being defenseless to people, causes them to open up to me back, which can be good. Of course it also sets me up to be hurt, which is bad.

2. look4hope

look4hope Love.Fellowship.Joy Supporter

+1,506
    Lutheran
    Private
    it is a risk to open up, always
    But being transparent plain and simple like that is admirable

3. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,790
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    I agree. Satan is the accuser, not God, who justifies. I'm 69. The devil has been whispering in my ear that my days are now relatively few and there is so much to be done. I'm not concerned about my eternal security. I'm OSAS to the core. My concern is for the Kingdom of God and my part in bringing it in. It's only a small part, but all of God's people have a place in the body. When I'm focused on the Lord and not my performance, I don't have a problem. Building the church is Jesus' responsibility. I'm a servant, that's all.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,189
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Amen.

5. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+5,291
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    I experience other people's feelings and thoughts, the ones they discard and push outside themselves. I've found ways to mitigate the effect.

I am reminded of this, because allowing myself to just be myself in a transparent fashion revealed something odd like that.

Here's a message that resonates with the questions your post.

6. look4hope

look4hope Love.Fellowship.Joy Supporter

+1,506
    Lutheran
    Private
    Thanks for sharing that, Micheal.

7. NerdGirl

NerdGirl The untamed daughter

+3,009
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I'm not going to present a false facade here or anywhere else. Social media is largely a poison on humanity, if you ask me. The less we consume, the healthier we'll be.

8. Tone

Tone "Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great." Supporter

+6,279
    United States
    Messianic
    Private

This reminds me of a recent poem:

Transparency

Not everybody is called to the same level of transparency.

I don't believe we can even be all the way transparent with our own selves, this side of eternity, so to speak.

We all have our own measure.

9. Tone

+6,279
    United States
    Messianic
    Private
    If nothing else...it's entertaining as all get out...!

*Not sure if that's a saying.

10. Tone

+6,279
    United States
    Messianic
    Private

IOW, one should be transparent in proportion to their willingness to take the consequences.

I mean, if people want to use things against you...who's at fault?

I know, some will say "be wise" and this is true. Know how much you can withstand and share accordingly.

We have a whole Book full of transparency...that's how we have it.

My Messiah took authority every which way and, as Humble for Yah said, "in every dimension I will defend Him."

This includes cyber space, I believe.

Again, we are all called to be transparent...we just need to find our particular niche.

What say ye?

11. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+39,571
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Oops! Wrong thread.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  12. Under_the_moon

Under_the_moon Member

+102
    Canada
    Christian
    Divorced
    Emotionally I have fallen away from God and life itself. I have a son so I do not wish for life to end but goals and any lust for life I had is mostly gone. Mentally I want it but emotionally I don't feel it. I question how God could let this world become what it is and let me feel the way I do.. emotionally drained. Mentally I can not accept that an endless universe an everything in it could possibly be not created since it is impossible to create something from nothing. I can't not see the warnings in scripture, all the things that was predicted and happened, down to the book of revelation speaking of the great falling away. The human part of me is so angry I spent my life trying to please God and am alone in this world and feel I always have been. Divorced cheated on lied to and alone. Mentally I am drained from everything. Just living for my son.

13. Walking the Path

Walking the Path New Member

+29
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Pizza! :pizza:

Hmm...I wish I had something greater to share, but all I can think about is pizza. :doh:

Blessings!

14. Walking the Path

Walking the Path New Member

+29
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    These are troubling times indeed, however, you should not lose faith; there is a plan!
    The important thing to remember is, you're not alone! You have your son, and whether you may not wish to hear it at this moment, God. I may not be able to help you believe me, but please remain strong.
    I will remember you in my prayers!

Blessings!

15. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,943
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    The gender assignments, including that of God himself, supposes the hierarchy of authority.

OT: Holy Spirit is a feminine noun, but never referred to as she.
    NT: Holy Spirit is a neuter noun, but is often referred to as he/him.

16. OldWiseGuy

OldWiseGuy Wake me when it's soup. Supporter

+9,943
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Others
    Showing one's messy side is to show one's failures in most cases. I prefer to show my successes. :D

(I do have failures, but I'll take them to the grave with me.)