• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

You haven't committed the unforgivable sin!

Spuddytater

May 31, 2011
✟15,262.00
Faith
Baptist
Have you ever noticed that it is only born again believers that suffer with this thought? Why is that? Because, if you were an enemy of Christ what would be the best way to take down a Christian and make them inaffective? 'Simples' make them believe they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit and they think they are not saved so they are of no consequence and impotent.

Do not get me wrong, I have suffered with this for the better part of most of my Christian life, living in total fear and convinced I was lost! Andrew Wommack puts it over in a good way and I suggest that you listen to him on the subject.

It boils down to this: If you are afraid you have committed the unforgivable sin then why are you worried about it? If you were that opposed to Christ you would not care. The fact that it upsets you is the sign that you have not. A thought is a thought and because OCD is a condition of the mind you obsess about thoughts. People who blaspheme the Holy Spirit couldn't care less about it. God looks at the heart of a person. If it is in your heart to blaspheme the Holy Spirit then you wouldn't care less about the consequences and you certainly would not worry about it.

Satan is the father of lies and he works by suggestion... “Has God indeed said, ‘You shall not eat of every tree of the garden’?”...Genesis 3:1 NKJV

You are not lost, you are saved, did not Jesus say that he would not lose any of you? John 10:28 NKJV "neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand".

I hope this helps some of you; start living, thats why Jesus came :)

Mikey

Enahs4Him

Covered by the Blood of Jesus Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2011
U.S.
✟95,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good post! Thanks it will offer encouragement to those needing it. I struggled with it for years, but God has delivered me. I still have my moments, but not like it used to be. I give glory to Jesus for that! There are people in this world who mock Christianity and mock Christ yet does one think they are concerned about an "unpardonable sin". NO! It's only Christians, because the enemy attacks our minds. To all those struggling with this issue, stay strong! You will come through the other side! There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

Upvote 0

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like I have committed this sin two times. The first time I committed it against Jesus. The second time I committed it against God.

I think that now I've been given mad cow disease as a punishment for blaspheming against the holy ghost again.

Upvote 0

Chance7

Jan 18, 2018
Northern Cambria
✟23,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel like I have committed this sin two times. The first time I committed it against Jesus. The second time I committed it against God.

I think that now I've been given mad cow disease as a punishment for blaspheming against the holy ghost again.
Hey, listen, I felt the same way more than once. The devil loves to hurt us and make us feel like we “committed the unpardonable sin” but it is not likely that you have. God loves us and cares for us. Come to him in prayer. It always works!

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

It might be worth checking into to find out if you have OCD, and if you do, to get therapy for it - or to implement the strategies yourself. ERP therapy is considered to be the best for OCD.

Upvote 0