Alabama
✟11,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My 5 month old dog, who weighs 55 pounds, thinks he is a lapdog. Of course he does, he is still a baby. Anyway, he keeps trying to sit on my 8 yr. old and 3 yr. old's laps. It is so funny. You should see the kids, jumping from one couch to the other with the dog chasing them back and forth. I can't stop laughing.

Reactions: jclovesall
W

woman.at.the.well

Sounds like your "little" hairy one and children are having toooooo much fun! I've never heard of that breed before. We have a mixed breed and he is extremely entertaining. He too is rather large (about 95 lbs.) and thinks he is a lap dog. Always has to be touching one of us, one way or the other. Whether it is our feet, whatever!!! Just so he's "near" us. Glad to hear you are having so much fun with your "kids" (hairy and/otherwise) today.:clap: :D :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Katydid

Just a Mom
Jun 23, 2004
Alabama
✟11,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They have a wonderful temperment. They naturally have the temperment that a well socialized Pit bull has. Add in the Socialization and they thrive. They love children, they are somewhat leary of adults, though they won't react if you won't react. They are wonderful. My 5 month old dog, will roll around with the boys, yet instinctively he crawls on his belly to get near my 1.5 yr. old. The other day a baby around nine months came to visit and he inched closer on his belly and waited for the baby to reach out to him.

Upvote 0

Katydid

Just a Mom
Jun 23, 2004
Alabama
✟11,023.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dog are great, puppies are even better (when they're not being a pain! :D )

You know the breeder asked me about that. Did I like puppies? I told her flat out without question NO!!! I can't stand puppies, I deal with them because I know that they will mature and become dogs. But I really CANNOT stand puppies. This puppy is actually the first puppy I have liked. Usually I can't stand them until they get to be about a year or two old.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SparkyMaddie

Luceat Lux Vestra
Feb 17, 2005
St Louis
✟150,656.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
we have siberian huskies and 1 of 'em is 5 yrs old but still sleeps in her baby dog bed,most of her cant even fit in it..you see a big husky lying on top of a little round pillow.she tries to make herself small.:) if you lie on the floor she'll lie right on top of you like your furniture and try and put her two front arms around your neck as if to hug and hold you there:) our others dont do this,she's just cuddly

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.