You Can't Stand President Trump...Now What?

AmusingMargaret

Instigator
Dec 26, 2016
Southeastern US
Visit site
✟39,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn’t it make sense for Christians who do not like the current president to be praying for him instead of publicly maligning and criticizing him? Doing that only tosses stumbling blocks up that distract not just the man with the most important job in our nation, but distracts the whole nation with him. I sometimes get sucked into the fray (however, I do NOT criticize the POTUS) before I am reminded that it all needs to stop, and it needs to stop first with Christians.

Brothers and sisters in Christ, if you think President Trump’s leadership is so bad, then pray…without ceasing. And please quit being tools of divisiveness:

Matthew 12:25
But Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them: “Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand…

Romans 13:1
…For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

Titus 3:1-2
…be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men.

1 Peter 2:13-17
13) Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake, whether to the king as supreme, 14) or to governors…. 17) …Fear God. Honor the king.

AmusingMargaret

Instigator
Dec 26, 2016
Southeastern US
Visit site
✟39,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When a Christian is ill s/he prays while at the same time seeking a remedy.
Seeking a remedy is not a bad thing. Constantly criticizing/complaining is, and God doesn't like murmuring and complaining.

Upvote 0

AmusingMargaret

Instigator
Dec 26, 2016
Southeastern US
Visit site
✟39,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think Democrats/non-Republicans are just glad for the opportunity to return what a great many Republicans did under Obama.
It was terrible then, and it is terrible now. RTR!

Upvote 0

Fish Catcher Jim

Radically Saved
Feb 19, 2015
SW MI for now
✟19,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn’t it make sense for Christians who do not like the current president to be praying for him instead of publicly maligning and criticizing him?

We Are Commanded To

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reaping isn't always pleasant and since I don't recall a single Republican who was around CF during President Obama's administration ever admitting it was wrong than or apologizing for doing so the whole "we Christians need to pray not criticize!" tends to ring pretty hollow. In fact? most of them tend to STILL slag on President Obama to this day because, apparently, when people can't find any way to support/defend what President Trump is doing? They criticize President Obama or Sec Clinton instead. :wave:
tulc(just an observation) :)

• Winner
Reactions: Eryk
Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Yup. I'm not innocent when it comes to highlighting Trump's shortcomings but I only do it because I am saddened by the opinion held by so many professing Christians.

During the election cycle a lot of Republicans didn't consider him the best of a bad situation(which is very debatable), but as if he was amazing and the only Christian choice when his history, comments and behaviour was completely contrary to Scripture.

Now that he's elected there's still more of the same loyalty. By all means pray for the President and support him, but the whole idea that he can't do wrong or that he's still some bastion of Christian values, or that he even cares about that beyond the voters' support he can get with a few empty statements on abortion, yeah, it's difficult not to highlight that he is not the demigod so many people think he is.

Upvote 0

AmusingMargaret

Instigator
Dec 26, 2016
Southeastern US
Visit site
✟39,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reaping isn't always pleasant and since I don't recall a single Republican who was around CF during President Obama's administration ever admitting it was wrong than or apologizing for doing so the whole "we Christians need to pray not criticize!" tends to ring pretty hollow. In fact? most of them tend to STILL slag on President Obama to this day because, apparently, when people can't find any way to support/defend what President Trump is doing? They criticize President Obama or Sec Clinton instead. :wave:
tulc(just an observation) :)

There sure is a lot of sowing going on right now. Reaping, not so much, yet anyway. It really looks like you are doing exactly what you accuse "the other side" of doing. These days, I don't see any Obama slag amidst the fiery darts shot Trump's way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Covfefe

Lordy!
Jun 22, 2017
America
✟3,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Not to mention and I think honesty is needed, this impeachment Russia, nonsense is what we Christians call false witnessing. It's been said over & over again & again, time after time there's no evidence of Russia collusion & no obstruction. The with hunt is sinful & it needs to end.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Seeking a remedy is not a bad thing. Constantly criticizing/complaining is, and God doesn't like murmuring and complaining.

Prayer for the man, and condemnation of the actions are not mutually exclusive positions to take.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Not to mention and I think honesty is needed, this impeachment Russia, nonsense is what we Christians call false witnessing. It's been said over & over again & again, time after time there's no evidence of Russia collusion & no obstruction. The with hunt is sinful & it needs to end.

The purpose of the current proceedings is to figure out exactly what sorts of things went on between Russia and Trumps administration, if you don't believe that anything happened that's fine, you are welcome to believe that all of our intelligence agencies are lying to us, you are welcome to pretend that the whole Michael Flynn thing didn't happen, you are welcome to believe that former FBI director Comey is a liar, that every insider source in the whitehouse is a liar. You are also welcome to reject that by Trump's own admission that he intended to fire Comey regardless of the recommendation because of the pressure he felt due to the Russia investigation headed by Comey (which is one of the reasons why this investigation has now come to include the question of whether President Trump has committed obstruction of justice here).

Now if you want to believe Breitbart and Alex Jones, by all means, don't let truth get in the way of what you want to believe.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There sure is a lot of sowing going on right now. Reaping, not so much, yet anyway. It really looks like you are doing exactly what you accuse "the other side" of doing. These days, I don't see any Obama slag amidst the fiery darts shot Trump's way.
About the bolded portion? Perhaps you don't spend as much time arguing among the threads as I do? It's almost second nature for President Trump supporters now. :wave:
tulc(thinks of it as the "but, but the emails/you can keep your doctor!" knee jerk response among the President Trump supporters) :sorry:

Upvote 0

AmusingMargaret

Instigator
Dec 26, 2016
Southeastern US
Visit site
✟39,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
About the bolded portion? Perhaps you don't spend as much time arguing among the threads as I do? It's almost second nature for President Trump supporters now. :wave:
tulc(thinks of it as the "but, but the emails/you can keep your doctor!" knee jerk response among the President Trump supporters) :sorry:
I don't spend much time arguing among the threads, that's for sure! :)

Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't spend much time arguing among the threads, that's for sure! :)
Then trust me on this: when there's no way to spin something President Trump does/says in any sort of positive way? President Trumps supporters slag on President Obama or Sec. Clinton. :wave:
tulc(who relaxes by drinking coffee and posting in CF politics and news threads) ;)

Upvote 0