Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just like all the born again, im 'made righteous" by God's blood.
Now,
You are talking about works of the flesh.
This is involved with being a human being and making choices and so forth.
This is different then you sinning and confessing.
Do you understand?

What i repent of, since you asked, is not being able to do more for Jesus.
I repent of not starting earlier, my dedication to The Lord.

No, I am talking about repentance, plain and and simple. So, seeing as you do repent, how can you then hold that you are saved by your own standard of salvation that you have set out for yourself and everyone else to follow?

Does not indulging works of the flesh, such as making an apology, nullify our faith, but what you have previously set out in this thread?

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I am talking about repentance, plain and and simple. So, seeing as you do repent, how can you then hold that you are saved by your own standard of salvation

I dont have "My standard of Salvation", SongontheWind.
If i had that, id be like you, id be a legalist.

What i have, is God's Righteousness, given to me personally, as "the Gift of Righteousness".

All the born again have the same, "Gift of Salvation".

Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont have "My standard of Salvation", SongontheWind.
If i had that, id be like you, id be a legalist.

What i have, is God's Righteousness, given to me personally, as "the Gift of Righteousness".

All the born again have the same, "Gift of Salvation".

Actually, what I did say is that repentance is necessary for salvation. Seeing as we cannot even repent without the enabling of the Holy Spirit, I don't see it as a legal work of the flesh.

You are the one literally telling people not to repent, being legalist against it. You don't have to repent if you don't want to, I'm not going to put that on you. But the fact that it is necessary for salvation to take place and do its work in our lives.

Matthew 3:8
Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance,

Acts 26:20
but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.

2 Corinthians 7:1
The Corinthians’ Repentance
Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

:)

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
. Seeing as we cannot even repent without the enabling of the Holy Spirit, I don't see it as a legal work of the flesh.
You are the one literally telling people not to repent,

Well, you do give me a lot to correct.
So,; thank you.
----------------------------

1.) The Holy Spirit does not enable you to repent.....as repentance is just like faith....Its up to you.
This is FREEWILL.
What the HS does, is enlightens the unbeliever, ..He brings them to the "knowledge of the TRUTH"< but from that edge they have to make the Leap of Faith.
If they do, then God accept its as : "justification BY Faith".

2.) You are not telling the truth, when you say i tell people not to repent.

What i teach, as does Paul, is that Romans 4:8 is in the NT.
And 1 John 3:9 is true.

So, when a person is trying to get God to take them back, or to get God to have fellowship with them again, then they try to do this by works of the flesh.. and that wont work.
See, confessing and repenting is a SELF WILL and SELF EFFORT.

Its useless, and the reason is, God is always at peace with the born again, based on the "eternal one time sacrifice of Jesus's blood".
Its THAT BLOOD ATONEMENT, that keeps you saved, just like it keeps you RIGHTEOUS, at all times.

Do you see what im showing you?
Its very simple, SongontheWind.
Its this.

If you are already made Righteous, and kept Righteous, by the Blood of Jesus, then do you need to confess to get God to make you righteous again, or save you again, or restore fellowship, when in fact its never lost, once you become "ONE WITH GOD, IN Christ".
The born again are always ""Made Righteous", and "IN Christ".
This does not change because you committed some carnal deed AGAIN.

"where sin abounds, GRACE more abounds'".

See, the Blood of Jesus, never stops keeping you RIGHTEOUS.
This is why its called ETERNAL LIFE.

So, if you are confessing and repenting, ....yet it can't restore what isn't lost.
See it?

So, to repent and confess in the right knowledge, is to just tell God you messed up, and forget about it.
You dont do it to be "re-saved" or to "restore fellowship", as that can't be lost because of the Blood of Jesus.

Now, im just tottering on the brink here, as im giving you the endgame, for the sake of your question, but to get to the understanding of being made righteous and kept so, involves, a bit of theology.
And ive taught some of this, in about 15 Threads, i posted recently.

So Whatever the work of the flesh is, that you are confessing for the 56th time, was forgiven 2000 yrs ago.
And when you understand this, when you can see this Spiritual Reality, then you will have taken your first step into REAL FAITH. As to understand this, is to have the renewed mind.
The renewed mind, is how you walk in the Spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, you do give me a lot to correct.
So,; thank you.
----------------------------

1.) The Holy Spirit does not enable you to repent.....as repentance is just like faith....Its up to you.
This is FREEWILL.
What the HS does, is enlightens the unbeliever, ..He brings them to the "knowledge of the TRUTH"< but from that edge they have to make the Leap of Faith.
If they do, then God accept its as : "justification BY Faith".

2.) You are not telling the truth, when you say i tell people not to repent.

What i teach, as does Paul, is that Romans 4:8 is in the NT.
And 1 John 3:9 is true.

So, when a person is trying to get God to take them back, or to get God to have fellowship with them again, then they try to do this by works of the flesh.. and that wont work.
See, confessing and repenting is a SELF WILL and SELF EFFORT.

Its useless, and the reason is, God is always at peace with the born again, based on the "eternal one time sacrifice of Jesus's blood".
Its THAT BLOOD ATONEMENT, that keeps you saved, just like it keeps you RIGHTEOUS, at all times.

Do you see what im showing you?
Its very simple, SongontheWind.
Its this.

If you are already made Righteous, and kept Righteous, by the Blood of Jesus, then do you need to confess to get God to make you righteous again, or save you again, or restore fellowship, when in fact its never lost, once you become "ONE WITH GOD, IN Christ".
The born again are always ""Made Righteous", and "IN Christ".
This does not change because you committed some carnal deed AGAIN.

"where sin abounds, GRACE more abounds'".

See, the Blood of Jesus, never stops keeping you RIGHTEOUS.
This is why its called ETERNAL LIFE.

So, if you are confessing and repenting, ....yet it can't restore what isn't lost.
See it?

So, to repent and confess in the right knowledge, is to just tell God you messed up, and forget about it.
You dont do it to be "re-saved" or to "restore fellowship", as that can't be lost because of the Blood of Jesus.

Now, im just tottering on the brink here, as im giving you the endgame, for the sake of your question, but to get to the understanding of being made righteous and kept so, involves, a bit of theology.
And ive taught some of this, in about 15 Threads, i posted recently.

So Whatever the work of the flesh is, that you are confessing for the 56th time, was forgiven 2000 yrs ago.
And when you understand this, when you can see this Spiritual Reality, then you will have taken your first step into REAL FAITH. As to understand this, is to have the renewed mind.
The renewed mind, is how you walk in the Spirit.

You're the one stating that we don't even need to repent, just renew our mind. How? By logic?

So is salvation by grace or works?

You are flip-flopping. Stick with one story and get to the point.

Please :)

Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How to renew your mind?
Read my Threads that teach it, and then DO IT.

That's "how".
Do your interpretation of it. Without repentance, without guidance from the Holy Spirit, you do it, but you don't do it through works or application via flesh (that is normal, physical application).

Thanks for clearing that up :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do your interpretation of it. Without repentance, without guidance from the Holy Spirit, you do it, but you don't do it through works or application via flesh (that is normal, physical application).

Ive not said any of that, which you posted, which is why you made that up, vs, quoting me.
Thx for lying.
See you next time, for the same thing.

Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ive not said any of that, which you posted, which is why you made that up, vs, quoting me.
Thx for lying.
See you next time, for the same thing.
If you would make your answers clear, I would net have to infer anything.

Please don't accuse people of lying. I could do the same thing to you. Just because you don't agree with something does not mean you have to discredit the source. You're the one who does not want to clarify.

I'm done at this point, seeing as I can see you're not really after a discussion, or even sharing any solid information. If you just want to be shown to be right, then you'll have to do a lot better than that. If you want to actually teach someone something, then bring some good solid answers to their questions. Offer constructive information, conduct productive discussion.

Remember, nobody knows everything. Not even you.

Take care :)

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you would make your answers clear, I would net have to infer anything.

Please don't accuse people of lying. I could do the same thing to you.

Tell the truth, which means to not use false innuendo, and you wont find yourself proven to be dishonest, again and again, on my Threads.
Do it again, and you get the same.
It's really up to your behavior,.
That's on you, Songonthewind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tell the truth, which means to not use false innuendo, and you wont find yourself proven to be dishonest, again and again, on my Threads.
Do it again, and you get the same.
It's really up to your behavior,.
That's on you, Songonthewind.

Good luck having an honest conversation with anyone when you have to lay down the rules, and you can be right, and everyone else who disagrees with you is a liar.

Romans 3:4
Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.”

I'll be praying for you :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good luck having an honest conversation with anyone when you have to lay down the rules, and you can be right, and everyone else who disagrees with you is a liar.

Romans 3:4
Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.”

I'll be praying for you :oldthumbsup:

Pray for me, as you need the practice, and i love to be prayer for..

And, im having a lot of good conversations with Members here, but with you, you are not able to handle disagreement, and you have proven it.

So regarding this latest nonsense you wrote........Its like this.. If you are talking and not falsely implying, and conversing and not falsely misleading, then we can have a honest conversation.
But you dont allow this yet., so, you have ended up with what you caused.

Upvote 0