✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-
God didnt give the new birth so that you can now go and try not to sin anymore, as the reason.
So, when that is your wrong idea of Christianity, all you'll do is sin and confess.

Here is the revelation.
The New Creation, is the Born Again Spirit, and it can't sin.
1 John 3:9
It exist eternally as "One with God, In Christ".

So, the New Creation, the Born Again Spirit, is the REAL You.
If you are born again and not just water baptized and playing a religious game with yourself, then you have BECOME, a NEW CREATION.

When you try then to think of the NEW CREATION< as the saved sinner, or the "what i was before", then you are not in the correct faith or real faith. You are in the carnal mind.
The correct faith, is to understand that God has BIRTHED YOU into HIMSELF, and that BIRTH is the REAL YOU.
You as the NEW CREATION. In Christ.

The law, is over, for all the born again.
"Christ has redeemed us from the CURSE of the Law".
You dont go back to a curse to try to keep yourself saved or to try to get God to accept you, unless you are deceived, and Paul discusses them, in Galatians Chapters 3-5... and says they are "bewitched" "fallen from Grace", and "in the Flesh".

The Born again, are under a new Spiritual dominion. The BORN AGAIN exist in a new Kingdom.

When you understand this, when you have this revelation as your FAITH, and understand that you are a NEW CREATION......"IN CHRIST"< then you start from that exact moment of revelation, to exist as God perceives you at all times.
In other words, you now see yourself as God sees you at all times.
"made righteous"... ''''In Christ".

God does not perceive the Born again, as the OLD MAN, or the sinful flesh, or any of this nonsense.
God sees only what He has BIRTHED as the NEW CREATION.
AND ONCE A believer comes to SEE THIS, as who they are "IN CHRIST"< "Made RIGHTEOUS"< then that is the renewed mind, beginning. When you have this mind, you are "walking in the Spirit"
And not until.

• Winner
Reactions: dóxatotheó

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,484.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel that I was given a job to and a role to play, but that job doesn't have anything to do with whether I get into heaven or not. I believe what matters is what's going on here and now, rather than what used to be or what will be. We're told by Jesus to neither look back nor worry about the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The New Creation, is the Born Again Spirit, and it can't sin. 1 John 3:9

God does not perceive the Born again, as the OLD MAN, or the sinful flesh, or any of this nonsense.
Hello Sidon, if we enter into a state of sinless perfection when God causes us to be born again and makes us "new creatures" in Christ, then why does God promise to perfect us in Christ during the balance of our lives on this side of the grave .. Philippians 1:6? And why would He tell us that we need to "work out" our salvation with "fear and trembling" if what you believe is true .. Philippians 2:12-13?

Likewise, why are we told of our daily need to be transformed by the renewing of our minds .. Romans 12:2, or commanded to set aside the old self/old nature and choose to put on the new self/new nature instead .. e.g. Ephesians 4:22-24?

Why did the Lord, in His high, priestly prayer for us, ask His Father to sanctify us (if we are ~already~ sanctified)? .. e.g. John 17:17?

Finally, if the Apostle John was speaking of the sinless perfection of the believer in 1 John 3:9, then why did He tell us of our ongoing need to confess our sins in the same Epistle (see 1 John 1:9)? (please take note that the Apostle includes HIMSELF among those who continue to sin and continue to need to ask for forgiveness, along with all of His congregants, at EVERY level of maturity in the Christian faith). (edit: I believe that the Greek tense, in 1 John 1:9 and, particularly, in 1 John 3:9, can be very helpful in understanding what those verses are actually saying)

1 John 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.

1 John 2
1 My little children, I am writing these things ~to you~ so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous;
2 and He Himself is the propitiation for our sins; and not for ours only, but also for those of the whole world.
3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
4 The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.
8 On the other hand, I am writing a new commandment to you, which is true in Him and in you, because the darkness is passing away and the true Light is already shining.
9 The one who says he is in the Light and yet hates his brother is in the darkness until now.
10 The one who loves his brother abides in the Light and there is no cause for stumbling in him.
11 But the one who hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going because the darkness has blinded his eyes.
12 I am writing to you, little children, because your sins have been forgiven you for His name’s sake.
13 I am writing to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one. I have written to you, children, because you know the Father.
14 I have written to you, fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one.

God bless you!

~David

quote-it-is-not-the-absence-of-sin-but-the-grieving-over-it-which-distinguishes-the-child-arthur-w-pink-70-74-09.jpg

edit
: If you carefully consider what 1 John 1:8 is saying, I believe you'll find that it is speaking directly against sinless perfectionism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Sidon, if we enter into a state of sinless perfection when God causes us to be born again and makes us "new creatures" in Christ, then why does God promise to perfect us
edit: If you carefully consider what 1 John 1:8 is saying, I believe you'll find that it is speaking directly against sinless perfectionism.

Thank you for the Question... ST_Worm2,

Well, if you are born again, then this is the "real you" that is currently "seated in Heavenly Places, in Christ".
That is not symbolic.
If you are born again, then you are "translated from darkness....TO LIGHT">
That is not symbolic.

Christ is the LIGHT of the World, His Father lives in LIGHT, and the born again are Children of the Light.
The word of God is Light.

The born again, have a dying body that exists on the Earth.
Inside this dying body is the "new CREATION" "in Christ".
See that part ?
That is the REDEEMED Part. That is the made Righteous Part. That is the Born Again part.
See that part?
That is the REAL YOU, if you are born again, and not just water baptized.
This part, cannot sin.. 1John 3:9.

Can Christ sin?
Is there any SIN in Christ?
The born again are "IN CHRIST".

You have to think about that.......

So, what part of you is not born again, that God has to "perfect"? Is your question.
It can't be your Born again Spirit, as that is "One with God, In Christ""" that is the Child of the Light.

So, what has to be dealt with, (perfected) is your mind.
Your mind is not born again, and neither is your body.
This is why you will get a NEW BODY, if you are born again, and this is why you are told to RENEW your mind, if you are born again.

God renewed your SPIRIT, ...as Born again, that became a NEW CREATION>..In Christ.
But He did not renew your mind.
You are told to do that...
So, the process of perfecting your Salvation , fell to God, and He did it.
He saved you......DONE. BORN AGAIN...... Finished .
Now, you are in the process, (if you are born again, and not just water baptized)....of perfecting your discipleship.

You've read that you are to "work out your salvation"...and that does not mean to try to keep from losing it, as a Religious Legalist will teach you.
But rather this means that you are to learn how to exist correctly within the Salvation that God has provided you.
If you are born again, you are IN The Kingdom of God. And now you have to learn how to exit there, by REAL faith, that is the RENEWED mind.
This is why God sends a real teacher.

So, when you read an Apostle talking to unbelievers, He'll talk to them about their sin.
About getting rid of it, by confessing, which is what most people do, when they are getting saved.
They ADMIT they are horrible, sinners, lost,.....needing Christ.

When you read 1 John 3:9, it shows you the born again are being addressed... and that is why John says they "can't sin".

If you follow up, go and read Romans 4:8, and find out that God does not charge the born again with their sin.......ever again.
How can He? He has already JUDGED Christ on the CROSS for them all.

So, if you are confessing , and yet....you can't sin, as 1 John 3 tells you, and you read that God does not charge you with your sin, if you are born again in Romans 4:8....then its possible that if you reflect on this prayerfully , ... God will show you what i just showed you as 2 verses that seem to contradict 1 John 1:9.
In fact they dont.
They just confirm that when you are "made righteous" by the Blood of God, this cant be changed later by you.
You dont confess sin to be accepted by God, again, and again, when the Blood of Jesus did that for you, 2000 yrs ago.
-----------------------------

i'll be back tomorrow.

Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
You don't confess sin to be accepted by God, again, and again, when the Blood of Jesus did that for you, 2000 yrs ago. i'll be back tomorrow.
Hello again Sidon, while it's true that we do not confess our sins over and over and over again to be justified/saved by God (as we receive ~eternal~ life from Him from the moment that we first believe .. e.g. John 5:24, 10:27-28), we do confess our sins and seek His forgiveness whenever we need to reestablish the closeness of our relationship/fellowship with Him, just like we do with others when we sin against them.

King David didn't ask God to forgive him to restore his salvation in Psalms 51 (because he didn't lose his salvation), but he did ask to be forgiven to restore the "joy" of his salvation .. Psalms 51:12.

Talk with you tomorrow.

God bless you :)

--David

Last edited:
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Someone once told me that the fruit of repentance is that we keep repenting. Meaning that we keep sinning, but we keep uprooting sin. There is a work going on inside of us; things the we don't think about, like pride, fear, accepting any part of a lie (that's believing in one, not only telling one), being inactive in our faith: they are sins.

We need to keep allowing Christ to work on uproot these things by repentance through faith. It's not that we keep going back to sins. It's that uprooting sin is a work of God in response to our continual obedience. If we didn't keep repenting, it would mean that either we actually didn't care, or that we were perfect and didn't have anything to repent of.

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I feel that I was given a job to and a role to play, but that job doesn't have anything to do with whether I get into heaven or not. I believe what matters is what's going on here and now, rather than what used to be or what will be. We're told by Jesus to neither look back nor worry about the future.

True.

THe born again, exist IN "The Kingdom of God".
And it exists IN the born again.

The born again have been BIRTHED into God's Spirit by God's Holy Spirit.

THe born again, are "seated in heavenly places, "in Christ".

So, the born again are IN HIM, Spiritually, yet we live in this body, on this earth.

Its a sad fact that 99% of Christians are never taught what they really need to know.
They go to church, they do the ritual, they hear the message, they leave, same as before.
40 yrs later, .. the are the same as before., as that is the end product of dead religion that SEEMS like its real Christianity.
Yet, if they receive just a little bit of what they need to know, then they can begin to exist inside a faith that God empowers to completely do this for them..."Christ always gives me the Victory".

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we do confess our sins and seek His forgiveness whenever we need to reestablish the closeness of our relationship/fellowship with Him,

--David

Never do that David.

Never think, believe, or teach, that you are responsible for maintaining your relationship, or fellowship, with God.
You can't do it. See, If you could then Jesus didn't have to die for you, so that you could have reconciliation to God, always.

Salvation is not part time reconciliation to God.
Eternal life is not temporary.

See, to be "reconciled" to God, does not involve your works or self effort.
Salvation is all of God.
Discipleship is all of you with God's help.

Reconciliation, is this.... John 14:6.
That is God's reconciliation, and it has nothing to do with your behavior.
So, the same BLOOD of GOD that reconciled you to God, is the SAME that keeps you reconciled to God.
This means that God is KEPT in perfect peace with all the born again, at all times, via the same way you were originally reconciled to God.
= The BLOOD OF JESUS.

The blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved, no matter what"

If you read 1 John 3:9, you'll note that all the born again "can't sin".
David how can the born again Sin, when they LITERALLY exist as "ONE WITH GOD, In Christ".
Is there sin in Christ?
And all the born again are "IN CHRIST".

The born again are the Temple of the Holy Spirit.
GOD LIVES in the born again.
Would God live in the born again, if they had sin?
No.

See believers are not taught is this last season before the Great Trib starts, to understand who they are "in Christ". So they run around thinking...>ok, as long as i dont sin, im ok with God".
Then they read 1 John 3:9, and their head explodes, because they have been taught nothing but error.
So their faith is error, their theology is error, and their salvation is a sinning and confessing failure, and they can't figure out what to do about this...

I know the solution, and im here posting Threads that will allow a sincere seeker the way OUT of wrong faith, and into REAL faith, that will lead here...."Christ always Gives me the Victory".

So, God is always watching, and He is always kept at peace with Us by the blood of Jesus.

Now why do you confess?
Its because you have been taught that if you do this, then God is A-OK with you again.
It could be that you have been taught to think that Salvation comes and goes, .. You have it till you sin, then its lost, then you confess and you get it back.
See that mess?
That is not TRUE.
So, that teaching, and all teaching that you can lose your salvation, literally spits on the Cross and denies the Blood of Jesus.
Why? Because the person that is believing this, is substituting their lifestyle, works, and confession for the Blood of Jesus.
They are BELIEVING , not that the Blood of Jesus keeps God at peace with them, but that their WORK of Confession, and their self effort is what restores fellowship., and keeps them saved.
So, this person does not understand or believe that the Blood of Jesus is the only thing that God accepts to accept you.
This means that this person is not actually born again, or, they are born again, but they are "fallen from Grace".

When you read Romans 4:8, you'll discover that God does not charge sin to the born again ever again.
So, the logical question is.......Can 1 John 1:9 be talking to the born again, when Romans 4:8 says that God does not charge sin to the Born again., and 1 John 3:9 says the born again "can't sin".

Now, Here is why you confess.
Its because you feel better after you do.
God doesn't feel any better, as He was always at peace with you the whole time, based on the Blood of Jesus.
So, what you are doing, and what all sin confessors are doing, is relieving your own guilt trip and your condemnation.
So, you confess, and you feel better, maybe not that day, but in a day or two, and then you think...."oh, i feel better, so my fellowship is restored with God".
See that?
That is just psychology. You are using a mental relief mechanism that you've used a hundred times, to achieve a mental RELIEF, in your mind and emotions, and you think this is "fellowship restored".

And yet, it was never broken.

Here is the verse. "were sin abounds...........God's Grace more abounds'..
This means that the blood atonement always covers your sin, because Christ's shed blood and death and resurrection, that happened 2000 yrs ago, is the ETERNAL REASON.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You work out your salvation, not by trying to keep it, but by understanding how to exist within it.
The way you do that is to "renew" your mind.

Someone once told me that the fruit of repentance is that we keep repenting. Meaning that we keep sinning, but we keep uprooting sin. There is a work going on inside of us; things the we don't think about, like pride, fear, accepting any part of a lie (that's believing in one, not only telling one), being inactive in our faith: they are sins.

We need to keep allowing Christ to work on uproot these things by repentance through faith. It's not that we keep going back to sins. It's that uprooting sin is a work of God in response to our continual obedience. If we didn't keep repenting, it would mean that either we actually didn't care, or that we were perfect and didn't have anything to repent of.

:)

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you are repenting, then you are sinning.
Sinning is proof of an un-renewed mind.
This is a faith problem, not a repenting issue.
The faith problem is what leads to the "sinning and confessing" lifestyle.

Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are repenting, then you are sinning.
Sinning is proof of an un-renewed mind.
This is a faith problem, not a repenting issue.
The faith problem is what leads to the "sinning and confessing" lifestyle.
So you are saying that you are perfect?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you are saying that you are perfect?

Im teaching the Pauline revelation that all the born again are "in Christ", and "Made Righteous".
Im teaching the Pauline principle of WHY all the born again are "the righteousness of GOD, in Christ".
Im teaching the Pauline Theology of..>"As Jesus IS, so are the born again, IN THIS WORLD".

Upvote 0

SongOnTheWind

May 7, 2021
Croydon
✟26,712.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ has all my sin.
He became them for me.
This is "the gift of Salvation".
Do you have it?

So, do you not ever get the sense that you should take back something that you should have said or done, since coming to Christ?

If you do, do you just ignore that feeling, because that's not applying faith?

Have you ever needed to apologise since becoming a Christian?

What if you are completely unaware, but you find that someone holds something against you? Do you just tell them that it's their problem because you are saved?

How does this all work out practically in your daily life and relationships?

Upvote 0

Sidon

May 13, 2021
Florida
✟17,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, do you not ever get the sense that you should take back something that you should have said or done, since coming to Christ?
If you do, do you just ignore that feeling, because that's not applying faith?
Have you ever needed to apologise since becoming a Christian?
What if you are completely unaware, but you find that someone holds something against you? Do you just tell them that it's their problem because you are saved?
How does this all work out practically in your daily life and relationships?

Just like all the born again, im 'made righteous" by God's blood.
Now,
You are talking about works of the flesh.
This is involved with being a human being and making choices and so forth.
This is different then you sinning and confessing.
Do you understand?

What i repent of, since you asked, is not being able to do more for Jesus.
I repent of not starting earlier, my dedication to The Lord.

Upvote 0