You are Complete in Jesus Christ

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
God requires two things for the salvation of fallen man.

1. A life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law.

2. A perfect atonement for our sins and the sins of whole world.

That's it, nothing else is required. Jesus in our name and on our behalf has victoriously met both of these requirements, Colossians 2:10. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity. Our old Adamic humanity along with the Old Covenant of law and religion, has also been put to death in Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6.

All that have embraced this Gospel as their only means of salvation, have been born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23 and are new creations in Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17. God now sees them as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ. The have been sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. There is nothing that can separate those that are trusting in Christ for their salvation, Romans 8:35.

If we are complete "In Christ" this means that all religions and isms are worthless. How can we make ourselves any better than what we have ALREADY been made in Jesus Christ? Trying to do so by works, laws and religion means that you don't believe that Jesus has saved you or that you must participate in your own salvation. Either way is without faith and is under the judgment of God.

When God accepted Jesus back into heaven, we were accepted in him. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. We are accepted only in Christ and because of Christ. If God accepted our works and our obedience, that would make him a sinner. God only accepts our faith in Christ and his Gospel.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
Tragically God's free gift of Eternal Life by faith in The Messiah, falls on many deaf ears.

In a way, humanity is still taking the fruit of the tree from satan and still being deceived. (and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”).

But now, the fruit satan deceives with, comes in the form of. You can work your way to Eternal Life salvation, by obedience, repentance, commitment, by saying a prayer, walking a church isle, baptism, by keeping the commandments, etc...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
-
Tragically God's free gift of Eternal Life by faith in The Messiah, falls on many deaf ears.

In a way humanity is still taking the fruit of the tree from satan and still being deceived. (and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”).

But now, the fruit satan deceives with, comes in the form of. You can work your way to Eternal Life salvation, by obedience, repentance, commitment, by saying a prayer, walking a church isle, baptism, by keeping the commandments, etc...
I agree. Here is my definition of religion.
RELIGION: Man's attempt to become like God and save himself.

Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
-

In a way humanity is still taking the fruit of the tree from satan and still being deceived. (and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”).

Try as I might that scene from Doctor Strange pops into my head often, where the Ancient One is explaining reality to the Doctor:

Ancient One: Arrogance and fear still keep you from learning the simplest and most significant lesson of all.
Doctor Strange: Which is?
Ancient One [with pleading tenderness]: It's not about you.​

It's just God's Glory. Everything.
And the free gift offered by him to us, to simply take.
And then the life to be lived with joy and love, abundantly, until we unite.

Last edited:
Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

That's it, nothing else is required. Jesus in our name and on our behalf has victoriously met both of these requirements, Colossians 2:10. Jesus is God's new Adam and our new humanity. Our old Adamic humanity along with the Old Covenant of law and religion, has also been put to death in Jesus Christ, Romans 6:6.

All that have embraced this Gospel as their only means of salvation, have been born again by the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23 and are new creations in Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:17. God now sees them as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ. The have been sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. There is nothing that can separate those that are trusting in Christ for their salvation, Romans 8:35.

If we are complete "In Christ" this means that all religions and isms are worthless. How can we make ourselves any better than what we have ALREADY been made in Jesus Christ? Trying to do so by works, laws and religion means that you don't believe that Jesus has saved you or that you must participate in your own salvation. Either way is without faith and is under the judgment of God.

When God accepted Jesus back into heaven, we were accepted in him. God does not accept the works or the obedience of sinners, simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. We are accepted only in Christ and because of Christ. If God accepted our works and our obedience, that would make him a sinner. God only accepts our faith in Christ and his Gospel.

Nothing else is required? You say we are complete and accepted “IN CHRIST” so do we need to remain in Christ in order to be saved or can we turn away from Him and still be saved?

• Informative
Reactions: GDL
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree. Here is my definition of religion.
RELIGION: Man's attempt to become like God and save himself.

You can’t just make up your own definitions of words that are already established. Christianity is by definition a religion.

Religion-the belief in and worship of a superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods:

• Informative
Reactions: GDL
Upvote 0

Daniel Peres

Sep 24, 2022
Miami
✟26,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed

That's it, nothing else is required.

I’m confused. I have made some posts on this forum where I stated, as you did, “A life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law,” is required. However, I am always attacked for, “adding to the requirement of Faith.”

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Nothing else is required? You say we are complete and accepted “IN CHRIST” so do we need to remain in Christ in order to be saved or can we turn away from Him and still be saved?
Those that come to Christ to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. There is nothing about an unsealing.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
You can’t just make up your own definitions of words that are already established. Christianity is by definition a religion.

Religion-the belief in and worship of a superhuman power or powers, especially a God or gods:
Christianity is not really a religion because it is all about faith, Religion is all about works, obedience and piety.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I’m confused. I have made some posts on this forum where I stated, as you did, “A life of perfect obedience according to his Holy Law,” is required. However, I am always attacked for, “adding to the requirement of Faith.”
Faith is about us, who is a sinner, Romans 3:10.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen in right standing with God. We are righteous simple and only because we believe in JESUS. Its what HE did.. that is how the Father sees us right now. Why we can come boldly before Him and are seated in heavenly places YES PRAISE GOD GLORY TO JESUS!

• Prayers
Reactions: Paul4JC
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-

A person may walk away from the faith like the second soil, in the parable of the soils. But the main point is that the Holy Spirit never walks away or leaves a second soiler.

The Holy Spirit may become quenched/grieved or dormant in a person who has fallen away from the faith (second soil believers) but The Spirit never leaves. Leaving the person again without Eternal Life.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Those that come to Christ to be saved by him are sealed with the Holy Spirit, Ephesians 1:13. There is nothing about an unsealing.

Your avoiding the question. Do they have to remain in Christ or not. It’s a simple yes or no answer.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Christianity is not really a religion because it is all about faith, Religion is all about works, obedience and piety.

No it’s not which is why I provided the definition of religion in my post. The definition mentions belief and worship nothing about works.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Amen in right standing with God. We are righteous simple and only because we believe in JESUS. Its what HE did.. that is how the Father sees us right now. Why we can come boldly before Him and are seated in heavenly places YES PRAISE GOD GLORY TO JESUS!
Amen to that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
-

A person may walk away from the faith like the second soil, in the parable of the soils. But the main point is that the Holy Spirit never walks away or leaves a second soiler.

The Holy Spirit may become quenched/grieved or dormant in a person who has fallen away from the faith (second soil believers) but The Spirit never leaves. Leaving the person again without Eternal Life.
Right. Once sealed, always sealed.

Upvote 0

RobertPate

Dec 7, 2007
✟44,551.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
No it’s not which is why I provided the definition of religion in my post. The definition mentions belief and worship nothing about works.
The word "Religion" in the Greek means to bind. Religious people are bound by their religion. The Pharisees were bound by the law.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The word "Religion" in the Greek means to bind. Religious people are bound by their religion. The Pharisees were bound by the law.

Where do you get that definition from? What’s your source?

thrēskeia
G2356

1. religious worship
a. especially external, that which consists of ceremonies
1. religious discipline, religion

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nothing can separate a Christian from Jesus Christ, Romans 8:35.

That’s not what the verse says. Nothing can separate us from the love of God. I just showed you that like 3 days ago.

“For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:38-39‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

There is no scripture that says nothing can separate us from Christ. So this still didn’t answer my question. Do we have to remain in Christ in order to be saved? Yes or no?

Upvote 0