Yeshua seems to be acknowledging working..

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
Talmidah said:
Cool!! Thanks for providing the links (How do you all find all these links, anyway??!?!? LOL)
nothing better to do than tickle search engines :) in addition I have 17 years worth of bookmarks from searching out stuff ;)

Upvote 0

apone

Sep 25, 2004
✟131.00
Faith
Christian
Hi ,

I believe everyone that has responded knows when they themselves are breaking the Sabbath,we feel it...the law is in our hearts now. If I move a sofa from one room to the next for redecorating i know in my heart it is wrong for me, God has made it so thru the Holy spirit.If the Holy Spirit leads me to help a non sabbath keeper having a difficult time moving a sofa that would be ok.....for me.....Our Lord tought us not to judge by external standards.What do you guy think?

With love,Ron

Upvote 0

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
apone said:
Hi ,

I believe everyone that has responded knows when they themselves are breaking the Sabbath,we feel it...the law is in our hearts now. If I move a sofa from one room to the next for redecorating i know in my heart it is wrong for me, God has made it so thru the Holy spirit.If the Holy Spirit leads me to help a non sabbath keeper having a difficult time moving a sofa that would be ok.....for me.....Our Lord tought us not to judge by external standards.What do you guy think?

With love,Ron
Shalom, Ron.

When something is "in" or "on our hearts"... it is on our hearts to do that thing. If I say, "it's on my heart to call my mom, today", then I mean to say it is on my heart that I do that very thing... it is not on my heart so that I would say, "it's on my heart to call my mom, and since it's on my heart now and that's all that matters -- intention, then thankfully I don't have to bother myself with doing it." :D

Or what do we mean when we say something *isn't* in our hearts? We memorize things "by heart", which means able to recall those things exactly as they are written. And why do we learn the Word, study the Word, memorize Scripture, etc., if not to *do* it (?) ...to make our lives conform to it?

But instead, Christianity has twisted what is meant by "in your hearts". We learn and think that, hey, (now) we have the Law of G-d in our hearts so the gist of it is essentially there and all that matters is that it's in our hearts to follow the "Law" -- intention, ya know -- so we don't have to bother ourselves with doing the "Law". That would be the same as if I, who majored in English, were to say, "well, HEY, I've got my degree in English (the goal of my studies) so now, anything I write -- regardless of whether it conforms to the grammatical rules of this language -- is automatically right, now. Whatever seems good to me, or 'works' for me, that's all I need to bother doing, because I *got* the end result." This is what people are really saying when they declare that since Yeshua was the "Goal" of the "Law of G-d", then "Law" of G-d was meant only to bring us to faith in Yeshua, and so now that we have the "Goal", we don't have to worry about the Torah teaching ("Law") *itself* anymore.

Just thoughts you might consider.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,464.44
Faith
Messianic
apone said:
Hi ,

With love,Ron
I would say that in most hearts, it is not clear, in fact down right blurry in places. I know what you are saying Ron, that in some cases you have done the same deed, as in moving a sofa on sabbath, and it bothered you that you did it on the sabbath, and another time, it felt good to do it. I agree with you. We have to follow our convictions, we have to pray that the Lord is guiding each and everyone of our steps.

Centuries of studious people have studied the scripture to see if there was some formula that if everyone followed they would be living the truth in their hearts, and it turns into outward cleaning with a dirty bowl inside. By rabbidical definitions you can read of the thoughtful sincere desire to do God's Will and the desire to understand and know it more clearly.

In the end result, it is still personal between you and God as to what you should do with that moment. How you should do it? And the reason why you are doing it the way that you did. By developing a more personal relationship with God, all the above questions become inspirations in the workings of the Holy Spirit upon your life and manifested before men that they may witness the glory of God.

Upvote 0

apone

Sep 25, 2004
✟131.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the great info.Im a new follower of our Lord.My family and i have been observing the Sabbath by study and worship time.Lately my son and i have been packing food and taking it to the homeless.This seems acceptable to us.I mean i have to be able to define what work is and pray about it...right? I try to define what Our Lord deems acceptable.Our Lord gave us all the info we need in the Bible so...where in the Word does it say i should not do work if it is to help someone?

Thanks for your help
Ron

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums