Yeeeew.

Would you drink "Newater" (recycled sewage water)?

• NO WAY :sick:

• Maybe if there were no other water

• I would have to know more about it, but I may in the future

• Yes! What's wrong with it?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Drinking Recycled Water--From Toilets

By Cathryn Conroy, CompuServe News Editor
Singapore officials are so desperate to cut the city-state's dependency on water from neighboring Malaysia, they may soon authorize the production of something called "Newater." It's recycled water that is safe to drink even though it once came from sinks and toilets. An international panel--no word on whether any of them actually live in Singapore themselves--came up with the idea of using Newater.

One person who sat on the panel is American Joan Rose, a microbiology expert, who told Reuters: "There is this 'yuck' factor." She insisted education was key in helping the public get over their squeamishness. "It's really important that the monitoring and water quality data are there for people to look at and to compare to what they are currently getting." Newater has actually been produced for two years in Singapore as a test project. The panel insists that the water has consistently been of high quality and meets World Health Organization guidelines. To prove it, some of the nine scientists on the international panel drank it in front of reporters. Get used to the yuck factor if you plan to visit Singapore. Already, two plants are under construction that will produce by year's end 15 million gallons of recycled water per day for industrial use. And Newater streaming from household spigots may not be far behind. . .

:sick: :sick: :sick: This is so disgusting. Remind me to take bottled water if I ever go there.
BTW I wonder how those scientists who drank it are feeling today?

Raging Atheist

god told me he doesnt exist
Jul 4, 2002
Montana
Visit site
✟562.00
*suppresses urge to insult ignorance lvl*

what do you think tap water is? even the stuff that comes out of the ground was probably the urine of a dinosaur at some point... all part of one big circle, susan, and your "well, Im too good for that" attitude is typical of a christian... so busy thinking you're too good for something and shunning it, that you forget how the world really works...

Upvote 0

Raging Atheist

Jul 4, 2002
Montana
Visit site
✟562.00
Originally posted by Freodin
Say, what do you think happens to all the water you use? Where does all the water in the sewers go?

well OBVIOUSLY god takes it and makes that dirty dirty water disappear, and then he creates new clean water and has it fall out of the sky... I thought EVERYBODY knew that...

Upvote 0

nyj

Goodbye, my puppy
Feb 5, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟39,238.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Raging Atheist
*suppresses urge to insult ignorance lvl*

what do you think tap water is? even the stuff that comes out of the ground was probably the urine of a dinosaur at some point... all part of one big circle, susan, and your "well, Im too good for that" attitude is typical of a christian... so busy thinking you're too good for something and shunning it, that you forget how the world really works...

And after all that, I see that you still haven't voted in the poll. What a hypocrite. Still trying to make up your mind as to whether you'd drink it or not yourself?

Upvote 0

Raging Atheist

Jul 4, 2002
Montana
Visit site
✟562.00
Originally posted by nyj

And after all that, I see that you still haven't voted in the poll. What a hypocrite. Still trying to make up your mind as to whether you'd drink it or not yourself?

negative, I didn't want to encourage this kinda thing by participating in the poll... yes, I would drink it... I do everyday... as does everyone else in the world... thus, since everyone already does it, its kinda senseless to vote on it, don't ya think?

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well tap water is gross to me. That's why I filter all my tap water then drink it. I have done science experiments to show what's in much of the tap water. Now that is something to say yewww about! ;) Raging don't try to play Christians off as ingorant. To catorgorize us as you do doesn't make you look good. Most Christians know how the water cycle works and it's even talked about in the bible.

Upvote 0

Raging Atheist

Jul 4, 2002
Montana
Visit site
✟562.00
Originally posted by Project 86
Well tap water is gross to me. That's why I filter all my tap water then drink it. I have done science experiments to show what's in much of the tap water. Now that is something to say yewww about! ;) Raging don't try to play Christians off as ingorant. To catorgorize us as you do doesn't make you look good. Most Christians know how the water cycle works and it's even talked about in the bible.

You're right, but I couldnt help but see a pattern developing:
1) "Ew, we evolved out of apes?  How insulting..."
and
2) "Ew, these people drink toilet water?  How disgusting..."
jump to conclusions just because something doesn't sound good... terrible way to live one's life...

anyway, thank you for putting me in my place... you're right about tap water... especially hear... all about how much time and energy you spend cleaning it, I guess..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
have you ever been to London England people?!

they estimate that the water we drink here has gone thru at least 9 people before it reaches your tap. Thats not over a long time, like the water cycle in general, but literally it comes out of one person, goes down the bog to the sewers, gets cleaned and a load of chemicals added, like chloine and flouride, then put into the taps, then drank then into the toilet again... and so on and so fourth.

I drink it,

I cook using it,

I dont even filter it

I am a christian= I dont see what that has to do with anything at all,

And I have never become sick from it

so yeah I would drink the water, I always do!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Susan

退屈させた1 つ (bored one)
Feb 16, 2002
El Cajon, California, USA
Visit site
✟15,012.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think the difference with Newater is that it is MUCH NEWER THAN MOST GROUND WATER! IT HAS HAD A LOT LESS TIME TO FILTER AND BE PURIFIED!

You have that right! and thanks for keeping my thread from being "recycled."

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's only so much water in the world, folks, and it goes 'round and 'round in an endless cycle. The glass of water that you drink in a resturant has been used to wash clothes in, to wash feet in, to raise goldfish in, and has been used as a mouthwash, a bath, an enema, and a douche----countless times.

Besides, what's the big deal? It's being recycled, filtered, and purified before it's released for human consumption. What do you think the water-purification plants in every city in the United States are doing? The same cotton-pickin' thing.

Be glad you have filtered water to drink. 3/4 of the world has to drink nasty polluted water that doesn't have anything being done to it. Probably the average denizen of an overcrowded slum built on top of a garbage dump outside Rio de Janiero would be utterly delighted to drink potty water from an American toilet, and they'd probably drink it right straight out of the john.

Americans....... :(

Upvote 0