Yeeeew.

Would you drink "Newater" (recycled sewage water)?

• NO WAY :sick:

• Maybe if there were no other water

• I would have to know more about it, but I may in the future

• Yes! What's wrong with it?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Raging Atheist

what do you think tap water is? even the stuff that comes out of the ground was probably the urine of a dinosaur at some point... all part of one big circle.

lol, everything gets to be recycled, the puddles on the ground get evaporated and rain falls in the reservoirs... so what if the urine of a child along the road also gets evaporated?

so long as they filter it properly... with time and good technoloy, i suppose it's ok.

Upvote 0

waterwizard

Senior Veteran
Aug 13, 2002
Alabama
✟3,275.00
Faith
Baptist
I work in industrial water treatment. We take water high in metal content and other junk, use chemicals to make the metals precipitate, clarify the water, run it through a filter, and use it again. The end result, although officially not potable, is as close as it can be to tap water. Also, I have a water deionizer in the plant that makes better water than you can find in any bottle. I would drink new water if I could research it more and find it is drinkable.
By the way, for you bottled water drinkers: Evian spelled backwards is NAIVE!!!

Upvote 0
I was always told tap water had been through seven people before it reached me. Never bothered me - being squeamish isn't going to make that fact any different.

Anyway, when compared to the fact that we're supposed to eat a few spiders in our sleep in our lifetime, drinking water which has been recycled isn't so bad :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,047.00
Faith
Christian
oe1fp.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,586.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow, this thread is old!

How far down does a person have to dig to resurrect a thread that's nearly 18 years old?
This one would have been resting peacefully on page 2,924 prior to its reanimation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Drinking Recycled Water--From Toilets

By Cathryn Conroy, CompuServe News Editor
Singapore officials are so desperate to cut the city-state's dependency on water from neighboring Malaysia, they may soon authorize the production of something called "Newater." It's recycled water that is safe to drink even though it once came from sinks and toilets. An international panel--no word on whether any of them actually live in Singapore themselves--came up with the idea of using Newater.

One person who sat on the panel is American Joan Rose, a microbiology expert, who told Reuters: "There is this 'yuck' factor." She insisted education was key in helping the public get over their squeamishness. "It's really important that the monitoring and water quality data are there for people to look at and to compare to what they are currently getting." Newater has actually been produced for two years in Singapore as a test project. The panel insists that the water has consistently been of high quality and meets World Health Organization guidelines. To prove it, some of the nine scientists on the international panel drank it in front of reporters. Get used to the yuck factor if you plan to visit Singapore. Already, two plants are under construction that will produce by year's end 15 million gallons of recycled water per day for industrial use. And Newater streaming from household spigots may not be far behind. . .

:sick: :sick: :sick: This is so disgusting. Remind me to take bottled water if I ever go there.
BTW I wonder how those scientists who drank it are feeling today?
You do know all kinds of water life go to the bathroom in mountain water and water reserves. Before the waist is filtered out. Right?

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Ew, these people drink toilet water?"
If you drank "toilet water" you would get sick rather quickly.

I'm talking about the cheap cologne kind LOL LOL :D
The tank part is fine, when a toilet goes bad. I just take family members toilet tanks and use for pepper plants or flowers. Also, when there's an earth quake. The water will be good enough to survive on. Having the Brita will be nicer. People are just spoiled.

Upvote 0