Bristol, UK
✟31,731.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
What's wrong with people who do hear God's voice and see miralces? Anything??????
Nowt is wrong with that. It is just that you can't expect people to rationally believe you when you say 'oh, you can't understand, because you don't have audio-visual hallu... signs from god'.

I don't mean any disrespect (well, mebbe a little :p ), but this is a science forum, not a paranormal forum.

Upvote 0

Pats

I'll take that comment with a grain of salt
Oct 8, 2004
Arizona, in the Valley of the sun
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ya know what.... God shows me personally signs every day. But I did have to use my gift of free will to see those signs........ the fact that He has given me the ability to see people over the net, just like IRL, has only made my gifts more complicated for me to bear.

As I am only a humble servant, like most of you here with me. I believe in miracles, sure. But I have to choose to them, too. It's not easy. It's not eaier to do ver da net dan IRL!!!

(read Daniel!?! Que? Como? Porgito Espaniol???? lol)

Upvote 0

MrGoodBytes

Seeker for life, probably
Mar 4, 2006
✟22,772.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ya know what.... God shows me personally signs every day.
Would you give us an example of one such sign?

But I did have to use my gift of free will to see those signs........ the fact that He has given me the ability to see people over the net, just like IRL, has only made my gifts more complicated for me to bear.
Could you clarify what you mean by "seeing people over the net", please?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chaoschristian

Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What's wrong with people who do hear God's voice and see miralces? Anything??????

:wave: Pats

There is nothing wrong with holding to the belief that the universe is the result of divine intervention over the course of six days and that scripture is an accurate account of both history and science as well as a theological guide.

There is nothing wrong with holding that belief.

The 'wrong' starts when the person who holds that belief also, attempts to assert that belief onto others.

The 'wrong' starts when that belief is held in higher regard to some of the more important messages that are to be found within that belief system, and subsequently used as a measure for who really is a true believer in that system.

The 'wrong' starts when one who holds that belief will attempt to defend that belief through any and all means necessary, even in if in the end it results in the sacrifice of the most important message that that belief system has to offer.

I will always embrace and welcome other Christians who are YEC. I will respect the right to hold to that position.

But unlike God, my love is conditional, and my condition is I expect the same respect in return.

Upvote 0

Pats

Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
:scratch: How can absolute age (e.g. 6000 years) be relative? And what other matter is relative to what?

Reps! for now, I'm going to back to work. My Boss doesn't like it when I'm too lazy. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Pats

Oct 8, 2004
Visit site
✟14,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When even good hearted, righteous men and women of God make their meanings unclear, even the righteous cannolonger see who eachother are. No?????

Further, it matters not what my fellow man thinks, only HIM! God. The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who's only begotten Son was Jesus Christ!

No wonder YECs run away from your Crevo forum. You work pretty hard at scaring them away. Geeee wiz, I could've changed my origings theology because of silly things I heard here. Would THAT have been the real shame, had I really LOST my faith.

Patsy----done with games

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married