United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Christian Schools Biggest Problem
I've been going to one for some time and this is what I've found.
SoldierofHIM

I haven’t been here long, but I have been here long enough to find out with little intellect I have to see this school's number one complication. And I can tell you it in one word: false. Now listen closely, one of the biggest problems this school faces is the school body itself. The students, which you get into a very complicated problem. Because you cannot control the amount of godliness that goes into your school. If a parent wants their child to be in a “Christian.” Environment, then let it be so, but when you have too many parents wanting their ungodly children to go to a certain school, then that school winds up to be a very lost place. Which is EXACTLY what has happened to this school. One of the ways I will share briefly what this school needs to implement is not full background checks but we need to see if the parents are raising their children to be godly, because you they aren’t. Then you wind up with ungodly children thinking they are saved because they prayed and were baptized. Now you can say that that’s exactly why this school exists is to train them up godly, but they have made one crucial mistake which only a student can tell, and that is this. “Students do not act how they act with their friends and in front of teachers.” Which is why every teacher assumes every child is saved, instead of assuming everyone is not Christian until they prove it. Which is what you should do because the Bible says many will call me lord and not enter the kingdom of heaven. This school's problem is false, as in false conversion. Because everyone believes they are going to heaven because they prayed a prayer and are waiting till marriage. Let me tell you can spend your whole life doing mission work and not be saved. Because you are not saved because you go to church, you are not saved because you prayed a prayer. You are saved because of the blood on the cross on calvary. And these people think they are saved because they all have the same experience of kneeling in their living room, surrounded by family, saying the prayer of asking Jesus into their heart, and are baptized weeks later. Then their parents and pastors affirm this idea because they miss interpret once saved always saved. And they spend the rest of their lives living in the world, let me tell you that’s not Christianity, they prayed that prayer to a different Jesus. Because the true Jesus said take up your cross, in other words give up everything for me. This school's problem is because they assume everyone is saved because they did that, they prayed a prayer. I’m only 15 years old and am losing hope in our elders because I know this from 15 years of life, and their 55 years tells them that going to hell is hard because all you gotta do is pray. To conclude this school will only grow darker because of this and unless someone stops it, carnal Christianity which is no Christianity will completely take over. And these schools will stand quilty in God’s eyes.
Which is the last thing I want to see. So pray, whoever is reading this pray that this organization’s students will turn back to God, or else. They will stand condemned, and pray that the few Christians that I can count on one of my hands stand true. G0d help us, but praise the Lord for saving us.

Attachments

• Ben Lippens Biggest Problem (3).pdf
    26.6 KB · Views: 20

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think this is going to be a problem in any K-12 Christian school. Children raised in a Christian home generally grow into their faith over a period of years. Just as we don't read as well at 10 years old as we do when we're adults, we usually don't have the maturity of faith and practice at 10 that we do when we're adults. Part of the job of a Christian school is to train young people, both in academic subjects and in the Christian faith. In the middle of that learning process, kids may well be mean and selfish and so on, just as they make mistakes in their reading and their math. A school can't turn 5-year-olds instantly into mature Christians, just like it can't turn them instantly into expert readers and mathematicians. It's a lengthy time of learning, full of mistakes.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There are teachers in Christian Schools that are not Christian at all. They are just there for the money.

It depends on the school. Some Christian schools require teachers to affirm a statement of faith.

As an aside, there's no shame in working for money. Getting paid is a big reason why all of us go to our Monday-Friday jobs. It's good if a teacher in a Christian (or secular!) school also has a sense of vocation, but it's okay to expect fair payment for the work you do.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Getting paid is a big reason why all of us go to our Monday-Friday jobs.
I do not think that is why I was working. Not when they only paid me $2 an hour. Which is more than the Army when your pay was $98 a month. All for the privilege of doing what you can to avoid "friendly fire". Some of us just want to be productive contributing members of society. At least that is how I was raised.

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I do not think that is why I was working. Not when they only paid me $2 an hour. Which is more than the Army when your pay was $98 a month. All for the privilege of doing what you can to avoid "friendly fire". Some of us just want to be productive contributing members of society. At least that is how I was raised.

For me, it's both. It's important to me to be a productive contributing member of society, and I do feel a sense of vocation (in the Christian sense) in the work I do at my place of employment. At the same time, my employment provides food, shelter, and health care for me and my family, and that's also important.

I'm not sure how to adjust the $2/hour wage to account for inflation and geography, but if that was not a living wage for you at that time, then your employer mistreated you, and I'm sorry. It should be possible to contribute productively to society and also to be fairly compensated for one's work.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure how to adjust the $2/hour wage to account for inflation
An apt cost $120 a month. A new car cost around $3,000. That same car today would be $30,000.

My dad use to work for 35 cents an hour during the depression. That was good money when the going wage was 25 cents an hour. Back when a shave and haircut were two bits. The unit of currency referred to as a "bit" was equal to one-eighth of a dollar, so "two bits" would have been equal to 25 cents.

Attachments

• screenshot-www.reddit.com-2023.01.30-01_14_07.png
    screenshot-www.reddit.com-2023.01.30-01_14_07.png
    318.8 KB · Views: 17
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Is it written someplace: with three square meals a day and clothes to wear, be content ?
He was content all his life. He did not need much. With hyper inflation today we are learning how little we need to get by. We can be content with a lot less than we thought we needed.

Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟39,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Christian Schools Biggest Problem
I've been going to one for some time and this is what I've found.
SoldierofHIM

I haven’t been here long, but I have been here long enough to find out with little intellect I have to see this school's number one complication. And I can tell you it in one word: false. Now listen closely, one of the biggest problems this school faces is the school body itself. The students, which you get into a very complicated problem. Because you cannot control the amount of godliness that goes into your school. If a parent wants their child to be in a “Christian.” Environment, then let it be so, but when you have too many parents wanting their ungodly children to go to a certain school, then that school winds up to be a very lost place. Which is EXACTLY what has happened to this school. One of the ways I will share briefly what this school needs to implement is not full background checks but we need to see if the parents are raising their children to be godly, because you they aren’t. Then you wind up with ungodly children thinking they are saved because they prayed and were baptized. Now you can say that that’s exactly why this school exists is to train them up godly, but they have made one crucial mistake which only a student can tell, and that is this. “Students do not act how they act with their friends and in front of teachers.” Which is why every teacher assumes every child is saved, instead of assuming everyone is not Christian until they prove it. Which is what you should do because the Bible says many will call me lord and not enter the kingdom of heaven. This school's problem is false, as in false conversion. Because everyone believes they are going to heaven because they prayed a prayer and are waiting till marriage. Let me tell you can spend your whole life doing mission work and not be saved. Because you are not saved because you go to church, you are not saved because you prayed a prayer. You are saved because of the blood on the cross on calvary. And these people think they are saved because they all have the same experience of kneeling in their living room, surrounded by family, saying the prayer of asking Jesus into their heart, and are baptized weeks later. Then their parents and pastors affirm this idea because they miss interpret once saved always saved. And they spend the rest of their lives living in the world, let me tell you that’s not Christianity, they prayed that prayer to a different Jesus. Because the true Jesus said take up your cross, in other words give up everything for me. This school's problem is because they assume everyone is saved because they did that, they prayed a prayer. I’m only 15 years old and am losing hope in our elders because I know this from 15 years of life, and their 55 years tells them that going to hell is hard because all you gotta do is pray. To conclude this school will only grow darker because of this and unless someone stops it, carnal Christianity which is no Christianity will completely take over. And these schools will stand quilty in God’s eyes.
Which is the last thing I want to see. So pray, whoever is reading this pray that this organization’s students will turn back to God, or else. They will stand condemned, and pray that the few Christians that I can count on one of my hands stand true. G0d help us, but praise the Lord for saving us.
I'm trying to figure out what this post is about.

I think that the point is that Christian schools should not assume that all students who attend, are Christians.

I don't know why someone should assume that a kid will behave like a Christian, without going through a usual teenage weird and wild period. Maybe the mistake is thinking that when someone joins the people of God, they will suddenly become a mature Christian.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums