YEC has an online headquarters!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jet Black

Also science says that it takes millions of years for something to fossilize.

This is false, there are a number of fossilisation mechanisms, and one of them is called petrification. Essentially water rich in minerals (such as silica) is absorbed into the material. The silica is then deposited in the material and hardens as the water evaporates. There is a well near my home town where this happens naturally. It has a grid over it now as it is a bit of a tourist spectacle, but there are all sorts of things that have been thrown in, like hats and bags and so on (and so legend has it, people), which are all petrified now (it is called the petrified well). This process is relatively rapis and very well known, so your original statement is wrong. Even the slowest processes of fossilisation do not take millions of years either. Perhaps this is a misreading of a sentence like "fossils formed over millions of years can give us evidence for evolution" for example (I just made this up) It needs a context, but it does not mean that it took millions of years for the individual fossils to form, just that these fossils (which may have been individually formed quite rapidly) were all formed at different times over millions of years. To construct an analogous sentence "cakes made over several years show an increasing amount of sugar is entering into our diet" i.e. cakes that were made in an hour, sampled over several years, see?

Upvote 0

EvolvEarth

Jul 2, 2003
Florida
✟1,109.00
Faith
Buddhist
ikester7579 said:
Believing the literal word of God a cult? Your pushing it.
For one, the Bible is supposedly God inspired, not the literal word of God. It's also proven not to be factual if you take it 100% literally. Since a cult is a small sect. of believers, and since Christian fundamentalism is a rather small belief system in this world, you are indeed in a cult. Not to mention that Christian fundamentalism is all based on obvious false information in relies on the basis of fear to get its members. It's nothing more than a corrupt cult.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

as an addition to my earlier post on metallic hydrogen, let us see how Lawrence Livermore did it:

http://www-phys.llnl.gov/H_Div/GG/Nellis.html

first of all they start with liquid hydrogen, and then subject it to pressures equalling millions of atmospheres. a more detailed explanation is as follows:

By measuring the electrical conductivity, they found that metallization occurs at pressure equivalent to 1.4 million times Earth's atmospheric pressure, nine times the initial density of hydrogen, and at a temperature of 3000 K (5000 F). Because of the high temperature, the hydrogen was a liquid. The intense pressure lasted less than a microsecond.
from here:

http://www-phys.llnl.gov/H_Div/GG/metalhydrofact.html

Other predictions have been made for the existance of metallic hydrogen at extremely low temperatures, but either way round, the conditions required for metallic hydrogen are very extreme and as a result very unstable.

Upvote 0
J

Jet Black

on the magnetic field:

proof of a young earth as a result of a decaying magnetic field was originally proposed by Thomas G. Barnes's in 1971. His data was collected from Keith McDonald and Robert Gunst (1967) and his theoretical justification was from a paper by Sir Horace Lamb, published in 1883, which dealt with the decay of a free electrical current in a spherical conductor. Lamb's paper had nothing to do with geomagnetism, and is not the the way the Earth works.

Barnes also misrepresented Lamb's original paper saying that "In 1883 Sir Horace Lamb proved theoretically that the earth's magnetic field could be due to an original event (creation) from which it has been decaying ever since" however as already explained, this was not the nature of Lamb's work.

Barnes also focussed only on the dipole field, but it the dipole (bar magnet like) field, but is this field the only field, and is the dipole field a good indicator as to what is happening to the strength of the field as a whole? The answer to both of these questions is no. The Earth's field consists of a number of elements, each of which affect the other. a change in one might lead to an increase in another, and in fact, the dipole field (the one Barnes weas working on) has increased and decreased:

Studies of the magnetic field as recorded in dated rocks and pottery have shown that the dipole moment actually fluctuates over periods of a few thousand years and that decreases in field intensity are eventually followed by increases. For example, the archaeomagnetic data show that the dipole field was about 20% weaker than the present field 6,500 years ago and about 45% stronger than the present field about 3000 years ago (McElhinny and Senanayake, 1982).
so from this, we can see that we cannot extrapolate the dipole field backwards as Barnes suggested.

so we have

(1) Barnes has based his geomagnetic model on an inappropriate electrical model.
(2) Barnes has not taken all elements of the magnetic field into account
(3) Barnes has not taken all the data into account
(4) Barnes, without justification, extended his data set far beyond any reasonable timeframe.

and a slight ad hominem:

(5) Barnes has misrepresented the work of Lamb.

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
ikester7579 said:
Transparency has degrees of being transparent. You can see through sun glasses and even see the color of the shade. Is there another word used for being able to see through something?
But they don't put the gold on the visors so that you can see through it better, they use it to reduce the amount of light that can go through it. The glass is transparent and the gold makes it less so. If the gold on the visors was any thicker, the visors wouldn't let in any light at all. A thick layer of gold prepared the same way as the gold on the visors would NOT be transparent. There is no connection between this gold plating and your references to transparent hydrogen metals.

Upvote 0

Data

Veteran
Sep 15, 2003
Auckland
✟16,859.00
Faith
Atheist
ikester7579 said:
Since this error(if it is one) is really bugging you to the point you can't leave it alone. I'm gonna leave it up for a while just for you. I'll get around to checking it when I get time to. My world does not evolve around you.:rolleyes:
Ok, I just thought you must have missed it. It is back on page 4. You shouldn't need to check it though, the math is right there.

Although people do get confused with correct usage, it's not hard at all to use english properly.

Basically,
you are = you're, eg: You're pushing it!
ownership = your, eg: I like your cat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
You know, when I first checked out Ikester's forum, I noticed that one of the main threads specifically said "This is not for debate!"

Basically, you're only allowed to post if you agreed with the OP of each topic, who was, since the forum was brand new, Ikester himself. I found that so pitiful I had to laugh.

Now I've returned to the site, and found that the link to the forum has been removed completely.

What's up with that, Ikester?

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Arikay said:
I often wonder for some creationists, that if god were to come down from the sky and tell them he used evolution to create that they wouldn't believe him and think that it was just satan trying to trick them?

It's amazing how some idolize the bible so much, they will ignore gods other work.
No need to wonder about it; they would absolutely, without a doubt, reject even God himself, if He were to speak of evolution...

How do I know this with such certainty? because the Bible tells them to!

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. -- Galatians 1:8

See? The Bible hath spoken; all hail the Bible!

Upvote 0

the_malevolent_milk_man

Jul 27, 2003
Apopka, Florida
✟4,185.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nathan Poe said:
You know, when I first checked out Ikester's forum, I noticed that one of the main threads specifically said "This is not for debate!"

Basically, you're only allowed to post if you agreed with the OP of each topic, who was, since the forum was brand new, Ikester himself. I found that so pitiful I had to laugh.

Now I've returned to the site, and found that the link to the forum has been removed completely.

What's up with that, Ikester?
Hahaha. Was anybody else reminded of the Iraqi election where Saddam got 100% of the vote because he was the only name on the ballot?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MySavior

Sep 9, 2003
Alabama
Visit site
✟364.00
Faith
Christian
ikester7579 said:
Yep make fun of someone because where there raised. Would you like to get racists also? Shows your bias towards others has no bounds. First it's my belief, then it's how I talk, next it will be my color. So laugh it up, your a disgrace to all who believe as you do by promoting the hatred that you do. Shows how you really think and where it all stems from.
Ikester this is immature on your part. I think she (LorentzHA) was just trying to show that you were from the bible belt and that could be why you have some of these nutty beliefs, which you have to admit is the case!! I was raised in the bible belt to and you know as well as I do most here do say y'all. I am not super smart and even I can see she was trying to show that common link!

Ikester, I also wanted to say I am ex-YEC and am shocked at some of the things I have read on your site. This stuff is so silly and in no way proves your religious beliefs even if it were true. I got out of yec after doing research maybe you should to!

Upvote 0

MySavior

Sep 9, 2003
Alabama
Visit site
✟364.00
Faith
Christian
ikester7579 said:
Maybe not the belief itself but you know like I do it turns into into cultish behavior where uneducated people sit around and talk about the flaws in science even though they do not know the first thing about it. I used to be one of those people!! Then anything intellectual or factual is thought to be evil. Ikester you cannot see the forset through the trees!

Upvote 0

MySavior

Sep 9, 2003
Alabama
Visit site
✟364.00
Faith
Christian
Ikester- I have looked around your site a little. In fact you sent it to me a while back via PM to look around while I was deciding whether or not to stay YEC or becoxme a theistic evolutionists. I am not trying to be rude but your site helped me make my decision to become TE. I am not an educated person like most of these people are and even I found your site silly and offensive. Are you sure you did not make some of this stuff up? Because when I was YEC I never heard about many of the things you talk about on your web site but my common sense tells me they just cannot be so.

Upvote 0

LorentzHA

Electric Kool-Aid Girl
Aug 8, 2003
Dallas, Texas
✟3,521.00
Faith
Other Religion
ikester7579 said:
Yep make fun of someone because where there raised. Would you like to get racists also? Shows your bias towards others has no bounds. First it's my belief, then it's how I talk, next it will be my color. So laugh it up, your a disgrace to all who believe as you do by promoting the hatred that you do. Shows how you really think and where it all stems from.
Nope, has nothing to with color OR race...nice try. However, there is a direct correlation between your belief system (YEC) and where you were raised. Your accent (Y'all) comes into play because it is the tip off to your geographical location, hence, why you believe the odd things you do (falsified science-Bible Belt-YEC)...... that you bizarrely have tied to Christianity. So don't pull out the old race card, OJ-it has nothing to do with this. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.