Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am not familiar with Jewish Feasts and traditions...so this is a hindrance to understanding when the year of Jubilee is. It was brought to my attention that this is the Year of Jubilee. I went and searched for more information online and it became even more confusing...ranging anywhere from 2014 to 2018 from various teachers on the subject.
So here I am seeking wisdom, knowledge and understand of the time frame for the Year of Jubilee.
Thank you for your help.

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I am not familiar with Jewish Feasts and traditions...so this is a hindrance to understanding when the year of Jubilee is. It was brought to my attention that this is the Year of Jubilee. I went and searched for more information online and it became even more confusing...ranging anywhere from 2014 to 2018 from various teachers on the subject.
So here I am seeking wisdom, knowledge and understand of the time frame for the Year of Jubilee.
Thank you for your help.

Not a definitive answer, because there isn't one, yet. But...

"According to biblical law, the Jubilee is only observed when all twelve tribes of the Jewish nation are living in Israel, as is derived from the verse,1 “And you shall sanctify the fiftieth year, and proclaim freedom throughout the land for all who live on it,” which implies that the Jubilee is only sanctified when “all who live on it”—meaning, all who are meant to be living there—are in the Land of Israel. Furthermore, the Jubilee is only observed when every tribe is living in the specific part of the land which was it was allotted when the Land of Israel was divided. However, some are of the opinion that the Jubilee is observed as long as there is a partial representation of each tribe, even if most of the tribe is not in Israel."

Copyright chabad.org.com

Yeshua said he would not return until all Jerusalem can say Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord. I take this to mean at a true Jubilee, as above. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a definitive answer, because there isn't one, yet. But...

"According to biblical law, the Jubilee is only observed when all twelve tribes of the Jewish nation are living in Israel, as is derived from the verse,1 “And you shall sanctify the fiftieth year, and proclaim freedom throughout the land for all who live on it,” which implies that the Jubilee is only sanctified when “all who live on it”—meaning, all who are meant to be living there—are in the Land of Israel. Furthermore, the Jubilee is only observed when every tribe is living in the specific part of the land which was it was allotted when the Land of Israel was divided. However, some are of the opinion that the Jubilee is observed as long as there is a partial representation of each tribe, even if most of the tribe is not in Israel."

Copyright chabad.org.com

Yeshua said he would not return until all Jerusalem can say Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord. I take this to mean at a true Jubilee, as above. :)

Thank you, I am so like shaking my head at these preachers out there claiming this is The Year of Jubilee....and missing it...then again and missing it....I feel sorry for the sheep because they have no clue to what it actually is.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, I am so like shaking my head at these preachers out there claiming this is The Year of Jubilee....and missing it...then again and missing it....I feel sorry for the sheep because they have no clue to what it actually is.

I just had a person today mention this and I was ???? so decided I better do some research on where they got this from.

Upvote 0

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Would they necessarily mean the 50 year Jubilee as per the Bible - was that the context in which it was meant?

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Difficulty also arises whether the Jubilee year is also the first year of the next sabbatical period or not. This will affect whether a Jubilee is every 49 or every 50 years.

SABBATICAL YEAR AND JUBILEE - JewishEncyclopedia.com

There is a difference of opinion in the Talmud as to whether the jubilee year was included in or excluded from the forty-nine years of the seven cycles. The majority of rabbis hold that the jubilee year was an intercalation, and followed the seventh Sabbatical year, making two fallow years in succession.After both had passed, the next cycle began. They adduce this theory from the plain words of the Law to "hallow the fiftieth year," and also from the assurance of God's promise of a yield in the sixth year sufficient for maintenance during the following three years, "until the ninth year, until her fruits come in" (Lev. xxv. 22), which, they say, refers to the jubilee year. Judah ha-Nasi, however, contends that the jubilee year was identical with the seventh Sabbatical year (R. H. 9a; Giṭ. 36a; comp. Rashi ad loc.). The opinion of the Geonim and of later authorities generally prevails, that the jubilee, when in force during the period of the First Temple, was intercalated, but that in the time of the Second Temple, when the jubilee was observed only "nominally," it coincided with the seventh Sabbatical year. In post-exilic bṭimes the jubilee was entirely ignored, though the strict observance of the shemiṭṭah was steadily insisted upon. This, however, is only according to a rabbinical enactment (Tos. to Giṭ. 36a, s.v. "Bizeman"), as by the Mosaic law, according to R. Judah, shemiṭṭah is dependent on the jubilee and ceases to exist when there is no jubilee (Giṭ. l.c. and Rashi ad loc.).​

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Difficulty also arises whether the Jubilee year is also the first year of the next sabbatical period or not. This will affect whether a Jubilee is every 49 or every 50 years.

SABBATICAL YEAR AND JUBILEE - JewishEncyclopedia.com

There is a difference of opinion in the Talmud as to whether the jubilee year was included in or excluded from the forty-nine years of the seven cycles. The majority of rabbis hold that the jubilee year was an intercalation, and followed the seventh Sabbatical year, making two fallow years in succession.After both had passed, the next cycle began. They adduce this theory from the plain words of the Law to "hallow the fiftieth year," and also from the assurance of God's promise of a yield in the sixth year sufficient for maintenance during the following three years, "until the ninth year, until her fruits come in" (Lev. xxv. 22), which, they say, refers to the jubilee year. Judah ha-Nasi, however, contends that the jubilee year was identical with the seventh Sabbatical year (R. H. 9a; Giṭ. 36a; comp. Rashi ad loc.). The opinion of the Geonim and of later authorities generally prevails, that the jubilee, when in force during the period of the First Temple, was intercalated, but that in the time of the Second Temple, when the jubilee was observed only "nominally," it coincided with the seventh Sabbatical year. In post-exilic bṭimes the jubilee was entirely ignored, though the strict observance of the shemiṭṭah was steadily insisted upon. This, however, is only according to a rabbinical enactment (Tos. to Giṭ. 36a, s.v. "Bizeman"), as by the Mosaic law, according to R. Judah, shemiṭṭah is dependent on the jubilee and ceases to exist when there is no jubilee (Giṭ. l.c. and Rashi ad loc.).​

(Sorry not a Messianic Jew, just noticed prior to posting which forum this is in.

Could I just interject my thought anyway. I always assumed it would be the 49th year. Reason being, on the seventh day the Lord rested. So it makes sense that the seventh lot of seven years would be the Year of the Jubilee.

It is something I was wondering about a couple of weeks ago. Just more background info than what was in the Torah.

Thank you for your patience with me)

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
(Sorry not a Messianic Jew, just noticed prior to posting which forum this is in.

Could I just interject my thought anyway. I always assumed it would be the 49th year. Reason being, on the seventh day the Lord rested. So it makes sense that the seventh lot of seven years would be the Year of the Jubilee.

It is something I was wondering about a couple of weeks ago. Just more background info than what was in the Torah.

Thank you for your patience with me)
49th Sabbath year... then 50th Jubilee year... which is also the first of the next 49 years....That is how it works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Choir Loft

Jan 27, 2018
Tampa
✟15,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is no hard and fast calculation that will dependably determine the Year of Jubilee.

Observance of sabbaths was given by God to Moses. Every 7th day was to be a day of rest. Every 7th year was to be a sabbath year of rest and every 50th year was to be a Year of Jubilee. That's seven times seven sabbath years of rest plus or minus the 50th year of Jubilee.

There are several problems with this Law.

1. Hebrews were led into the Promised Land prior to the 50th anniversary of the giving of the Law regarding Year of Jubilee. It was never observed under the leadership of Joshua.

2. Some scholars of numerology suggest that the Babylonian captivity was partly due to non-observance of the Year of Jubilee and that the number of years spent in captivity agreed with the number of Jubilees not observed - 70.

3. By the Babylonian captivity the calculations for when the Jubilee was to be held in terms of years and months and days had been neglected to the point of loss. By Babylon, nobody knew remembered or held a record of exactly when Jubilee was to be observed. (So how do numerologists know that 70 Jubilees were missed?)

4. Most attempts at calculations do not employ the Hebrew calendar. Most current calculations and guesses concerning Biblical predictions are based on the Gregorian calendar. Ancient calendars were lunar calendars, meaning one orbit of the moon was counted as a year. We call it a month today. The Gregorian calendar, adopted in 1582, does not accurately reflect dates recorded in scripture during the use of the Hebrew calendar. Muslims still use a lunar calendar, but many events in Hebrew history are recorded in both lunar and solar calendar form. How's that for confusion?

Moving forward to the advent of Y'shuah in ancient Yisrael, we read the Lord's statement that no man knew when "these things would happen" - meaning when the Jubilee would appear on the calendar in terms of years months and days. Jews He spoke to understood that the calculations had been lost. As a work around, Y'shuah suggested that His disciples pay attention to the seasons and times and trends of their epoch. Y'shuah suggested that only the Father remembered the calculations.

If only the Father remembers the calculations for the time of the Jubilee, the onus falls upon us to watch what He is doing - to follow Y'shuah's advice and study the trends and events of the time in which we live. There are lots of those to suggest we are at or very near another Jubilee.

Google 1968 and your result will be a mind numbing series of events that correlated to a paradigm shift in the political and spiritual climate of the entire globe. 1968 was so bad as to be described by a New York Times journalist as being, "one g-d thing after another." 1968 was 50 years ago.....

Google 1918 and you will discover that 2018 is the 100th anniversary of the Balfour Declaration - a statement by Britain that has been a thorn in the neck of Palestinians to this day, as well as the first legal justification for the establishment of the modern State of Israel exactly 70 years ago this coming May.

Is 2018 the Year of Jubilee? Do you like to juggle numbers and see how they come out? A lot of things have been happening that will really bake your noodle. One can only fasten one's seat belt and watch and learn.

As always, it is good advice to make peace with the Master of the Universe and BE READY.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
JUBILEE CELEBRATION IS A PICTURE OF THE RAPTURE OF CHURCH
The Jubilee was announced by the blowing of a shofar on the tenth day of the seventh month.
1 thes 4:16 For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

The Jubilee gave freedom to slaves.
We are the slaves of death bound to die (Roman 6:23 For the wages of sin is death)
1 Cor 15:52 in an instant, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.…
1 Cor 15:53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

The Rapture is explained by Jesus in the parable of ten virgins.

Matt 25:4 ... The wise ones, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.

10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet.
11 “Later the others also came ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’
12 “But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Rabbi Judah ben Samuel’s Jubilee Prophecy – Messiah in 2017? | Escape All These Things (Luke 21:36)

"When the Ottomans conquer Jerusalem they will rule over Jerusalem for eight jubilees. Afterwards Jerusalem will become no-man’s land for one jubilee, and then in the ninth jubilee it will once again come back into the possession of the Jewish nation – which would signify the beginning of the Messianic end time."

"When the Ottomans conquer Jerusalem they will rule over Jerusalem for eight jubilees." (This happened 300 years after Ben Samuel's death in 1517 when the Turks conquered Jerusalem until 1917).

"Afterwards Jerusalem will become no-man’s land for one jubilee" (1917-1967) (The British conquered the Turks and the League of Nations took the Mandate for Holy Land to the British, making Jerusalem no-man's land under international law.)

"then in the ninth jubilee it will once again come back into the possession of the Jewish nation – which would signify the beginning of the Messianic end time." (1967-2017) (In 1967's Six Day War, Israel retook Jerusalem.)
==========================================================

In other words, Rabbi Judah said Jerusalem will be in the possession of the Jews only for one Jubilee (1967-2017)

Accordingly, it will show that this Hebrew year 5777 is the final Jubilee which means the possession of Jerusalem by the Jewish will come to an end and the Messianic era will begin (antichrist) in 5778.

In spite of the fact of Trump's declaration on Jerusalem as belongs to Israel, God's message to John regarding the fate of Jerusalem will surely happen :

Rev 11:2 ....and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
I guess Jerusalem will be made an international city by the antichrist !
(Its all the antichrist plan to own Jerusalem and build the 3rd Temple to glorify himself as God)

The temple shall be built beside the mosque as apostle John has been shown.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles:
A-N-D-TEMPLE-4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Trump's December 6 Jerusalem declaration started a 100 days countdown to March 16, which is the end of Jubilee year 5777.

This number 100 means The Elect, Its the Sign for all the elect children of God that the time is NEAR !
(In the parable of the lost sheep,Jesus used the number 100. "How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be goneastray, doeth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?)

Right now in January 2018 we are still in the Hebrew year 5777 until March 16, 2018

• Informative
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
There is no hard and fast calculation that will dependably determine the Year of Jubilee.

Observance of sabbaths was given by God to Moses. Every 7th day was to be a day of rest. Every 7th year was to be a sabbath year of rest and every 50th year was to be a Year of Jubilee. That's seven times seven sabbath years of rest plus or minus the 50th year of Jubilee.

There are several problems with this Law.

1. Hebrews were led into the Promised Land prior to the 50th anniversary of the giving of the Law regarding Year of Jubilee. It was never observed under the leadership of Joshua.

2. Some scholars of numerology suggest that the Babylonian captivity was partly due to non-observance of the Year of Jubilee and that the number of years spent in captivity agreed with the number of Jubilees not observed - 70.

3. By the Babylonian captivity the calculations for when the Jubilee was to be held in terms of years and months and days had been neglected to the point of loss. By Babylon, nobody knew remembered or held a record of exactly when Jubilee was to be observed. (So how do numerologists know that 70 Jubilees were missed?)

4. Most attempts at calculations do not employ the Hebrew calendar. Most current calculations and guesses concerning Biblical predictions are based on the Gregorian calendar. Ancient calendars were lunar calendars, meaning one orbit of the moon was counted as a year. We call it a month today. The Gregorian calendar, adopted in 1582, does not accurately reflect dates recorded in scripture during the use of the Hebrew calendar. Muslims still use a lunar calendar, but many events in Hebrew history are recorded in both lunar and solar calendar form. How's that for confusion?

Moving forward to the advent of Y'shuah in ancient Yisrael, we read the Lord's statement that no man knew when "these things would happen" - meaning when the Jubilee would appear on the calendar in terms of years months and days. Jews He spoke to understood that the calculations had been lost. As a work around, Y'shuah suggested that His disciples pay attention to the seasons and times and trends of their epoch. Y'shuah suggested that only the Father remembered the calculations.

If only the Father remembers the calculations for the time of the Jubilee, the onus falls upon us to watch what He is doing - to follow Y'shuah's advice and study the trends and events of the time in which we live. There are lots of those to suggest we are at or very near another Jubilee.

Google 1968 and your result will be a mind numbing series of events that correlated to a paradigm shift in the political and spiritual climate of the entire globe. 1968 was so bad as to be described by a New York Times journalist as being, "one g-d thing after another." 1968 was 50 years ago.....

Google 1918 and you will discover that 2018 is the 100th anniversary of the Balfour Declaration - a statement by Britain that has been a thorn in the neck of Palestinians to this day, as well as the first legal justification for the establishment of the modern State of Israel exactly 70 years ago this coming May.

Is 2018 the Year of Jubilee? Do you like to juggle numbers and see how they come out? A lot of things have been happening that will really bake your noodle. One can only fasten one's seat belt and watch and learn.

As always, it is good advice to make peace with the Master of the Universe and BE READY.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft....

Wait, you are using the Gregorian method of reckoning years. I thought that you said that was wrong.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rabbi Judah ben Samuel’s Jubilee Prophecy – Messiah in 2017? | Escape All These Things (Luke 21:36)

"When the Ottomans conquer Jerusalem they will rule over Jerusalem for eight jubilees. Afterwards Jerusalem will become no-man’s land for one jubilee, and then in the ninth jubilee it will once again come back into the possession of the Jewish nation – which would signify the beginning of the Messianic end time."

"When the Ottomans conquer Jerusalem they will rule over Jerusalem for eight jubilees." (This happened 300 years after Ben Samuel's death in 1517 when the Turks conquered Jerusalem until 1917).

"Afterwards Jerusalem will become no-man’s land for one jubilee" (1917-1967) (The British conquered the Turks and the League of Nations took the Mandate for Holy Land to the British, making Jerusalem no-man's land under international law.)

"then in the ninth jubilee it will once again come back into the possession of the Jewish nation – which would signify the beginning of the Messianic end time." (1967-2017) (In 1967's Six Day War, Israel retook Jerusalem.)

In other words, Rabbi Judah said Jerusalem will be in the possession of the Jews only for one Jubilee (1967-2017)

Accordingly, it will show that this Hebrew year 5777 is the final Jubilee which means the possession of Jerusalem by the Jewish will come to an end and the Messianic era will begin (antichrist) in 5778.

In spite of the fact of Trump's declaration on Jerusalem as belongs to Israel, God's message to John regarding the fate of Jerusalem will surely happen :

Rev 11:2 ....and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
(Its all the antichrist plan to own Jerusalem and build the 3rd Temple to glorify himself as God)

Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles:
A-N-D-TEMPLE-4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Trump's December 6 Jerusalem declaration started a 100 days countdown to March 16, which is the end of Jubilee year 5777.

This number 100 means The Elect, Its the Sign for all the elect children of God that the time is NEAR !
(In the parable of the lost sheep,Jesus used the number 100. "How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be goneastray, doeth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?)

Right now in January 2018 we are still in the Hebrew year 5777 until March 16, 2018

28685306_10213380062993638_1114300459420646433_n.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic

A-N-D-TEMPLE-4.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

So wlll we have 50 years of the anti-christ reign?

Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You must see the present situation where Israel is pushed by int'l world to make peace with Arab, nobody is able to make this peace
but antichrist and he is waiting the removal of Holy Spirit and the church enable him to rule the world.
2 Thes 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only He who now restraineth will restrain, until He be taken out of the way
(Holy Spirit restrains the devil from ruling this present world until He is taken to heaven with the church thru which He works.)

So wlll we have 50 years of the anti-christ reign?
The grief tribulation will last for 7 years, and it begins with 7 years "peace" covenant between Israel-Arab (Two States Solution) and in the mid of 7 years he will claim himself as God (AOD/Abomination of Desolation)

Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations (AOD) he shall make it desolate,

11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0