Why are there Christians who are saying the Jubilee will 'actually' take place, with 'all' debt 'actually' being literally cancelled ?

zelosravioli

Believer
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2014
Northern California
✟147,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Why are there Christians who are saying the Jubilee will 'actually' take place, with 'all' debt 'actually' being literally cancelled. And in addition: loads of gold being lifted from hidden reserves under the Earth (!) Some christians have said the Jewish year of Jubilee was supposed to be 2023 and some have it in 2025, whatever the date is not my primary focus - my primary question is: do people believe this?

I have some good friends who actually have been telling me this, and I cant figure out where they are getting this from (?)

'I' have understood that the Jubilee would be observed when all twelve tribes of the Jewish nation are living in Israel, as is derived from verses in Leviticus 25 like "And you shall sanctify the fiftieth year, and proclaim freedom throughout the land for all who live on it”
I know the Jewish people do not currently or officially declare or celebrate the Jubilee, primarily because they respect the popular rabbinical notion that all 12 tribes including the 10 'lost' exiled tribes need to again be living in the land of Israel again. Yet, where are 'christians' getting the notion of a literal Jubilee coming?

The Catholic Church has a christian version of the Jewish Jubilee, as noted in the following article below:

"The next Jubilee will be in 2025 and there is great expectation among the faithful from all over the world. Its importance is also recognized and respected by other faiths around the world. The last Jubilee was the extraordinary one of 2015 wanted by Pope Francis. The one that will take place in 2025 will be the second with Pope Francis. As many know, the Jubilee is a special year of grace, in which the Catholic Church offers the faithful the possibility of asking for a plenary indulgence, that is, the remission of sins for themselves or for deceased relatives"

BUT I am not asking about with this. I'm asking about christians who are anticipating that a literal forgiveness of all literal present debt will be forgiven (seemingly before the second coming of Jesus?) And in addition: loads of gold being lifted from hidden reserves under the Earth (!)?.

Where are they getting this from, and has it passed?

zelosravioli

Believer
Site Supporter
Mar 15, 2014
Northern California
✟147,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For reference: Leviticus 25

The LORD then spoke to Moses at Mount Sinai, saying, 2“Speak to the sons of Israel and say to them, ‘When you come into the land which I shall give you, then the land shall have a sabbath to the LORD. 3‘Six years you shall sow your field, and six years you shall prune your vineyard and gather in its crop, 4but during the seventh year the land shall have a sabbath rest, a sabbath to the LORD; you shall not sow your field nor prune your vineyard. 5‘Your harvest’s after growth you shall not reap, and your grapes of untrimmed vines you shall not gather; the land shall have a sabbatical year. 6‘All of you shall have the sabbath products of the land for food; yourself, and your male and female slaves, and your hired man and your foreign resident, those who live as aliens with you. 7‘Even your cattle and the animals that are in your land shall have all its crops to eat. 8‘You are also to count off seven sabbaths of years for yourself, seven times seven years, so that you have the time of the seven sabbaths of years, namely, forty-nine years. 9‘You shall then sound a ram’s horn abroad on the tenth day of the seventh month; on the day of atonement you shall sound a horn all through your land. 10‘You shall thus consecrate the fiftieth year and proclaim a release through the land to all its inhabitants. It shall be a jubilee for you, and each of you shall return to his own property, and each of you shall return to his family. 11‘You shall have the fiftieth year as a jubilee; you shall not sow, nor reap its after growth, nor gather in from its untrimmed vines. 12‘For it is a jubilee; it shall be holy to you. You shall eat its crops out of the field. (Leviticus 25:1-12 NASB)

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've never heard any Christian talk about a Jubilee where, literally, debts will be canceled. The Jubilee is part of the Torah, and was to be how the ancient nation of Israel operated. There are questions whether it was ever really and faithfully practiced even back then. But ancient Israel, as we read about it in much of the Old Testament, hasn't existed for a very long time. For one, the kingdom was divided after Solomon. For another, the northern kingdom was destroyed by the Assyrians, and later the southern kingdom was conquered by the Babylonians.

Eventually the Medes and Persians conquered Babylonia, and under Cyrus the king of Persia, the Jews were allowed to return, rebuild Jerusalem, and its temple. But Judah would remain a province of the Persian Empire until Alexander the Great conquered the Persians; at which point Judah became a part of the Macedonian Empire. After Alexander the Great's death, his empire was divided among his generals, and Judah was under the occupation and control of the Ptolemies in Egypt, but was frequently caught int he middle between the wars between the Ptolemies and Seleucids. Eventually the Seleucids won, and Judah became part of Seleucid terriory, and the Seleucid king, Antiochus IV, created a program of forced hellenization upon the Jews, going so far as to sacrifice a pig in honor of Zeus in the Holy of Holies. This led to the Maccabean revolt, which led to the Hasmonean state, an independent Jewish kingdom ruled by the Hasmonean dynasty. This lasted until the Roman conquests of the eastern Mediteranean under Pompey, in which the Hasmoneans were cast out, and the Herodians installed as a client state of the Roman Republic (turned empire).

There simply hasn't been a Jubilee, and strictly speaking, there can't be. There is no kingdom of Israel to have a Jubilee, there hasn't been one in almost three thousand years. Additionally, as commanded in the Torah, was part of God's old covenant with Israel which looked forward to, and is fulfilled in the New Covenant of Jesus.

There does, therefore, remain a Jubilee, in Jesus Christ, for He came to proclaim the Jubilee of God in fulfillment of Isaiah's prophecy. That Jubilee is unending, for the freedom of captives, the cancellation of debts (transgressions), the Good News goes forth, invading the hearts of men and women the world over as they are changed by the grace of God in Jesus, who suffered and died for the sins of the whole world. Who leads us onward to the ultimate Promised Land, where life is everlasting and abundant, and death is no more.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: zelosravioli
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not know any Christian who has told me this. So, I do not know why he or she would believe this. I would need to get to know the person so I might understand why he or she believes this.

It can be that someone's personality has a lot to do with what he or she is capable of thinking and believing, and what the person's motives are.

Jesus says to lend without expecting to be payed back, doesn't He? So, if He means to automatically forgive debts, there is no need to wait for a Jubilee, I suppose.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Why are there Christians who are saying the Jubilee will 'actually' take place, with 'all' debt 'actually' being literally cancelled. And in addition: loads of gold being lifted from hidden reserves under the Earth (!) Some christians have said the Jewish year of Jubilee was supposed to be 2023 and some have it in 2025, whatever the date is not my primary focus - my primary question is: do people believe this?

I have some good friends who actually have been telling me this, and I cant figure out where they are getting this from (?)

'I' have understood that the Jubilee would be observed when all twelve tribes of the Jewish nation are living in Israel, as is derived from verses in Leviticus 25 like "And you shall sanctify the fiftieth year, and proclaim freedom throughout the land for all who live on it”
I know the Jewish people do not currently or officially declare or celebrate the Jubilee, primarily because they respect the popular rabbinical notion that all 12 tribes including the 10 'lost' exiled tribes need to again be living in the land of Israel again. Yet, where are 'christians' getting the notion of a literal Jubilee coming?

The Catholic Church has a christian version of the Jewish Jubilee, as noted in the following article below:

"The next Jubilee will be in 2025 and there is great expectation among the faithful from all over the world. Its importance is also recognized and respected by other faiths around the world. The last Jubilee was the extraordinary one of 2015 wanted by Pope Francis. The one that will take place in 2025 will be the second with Pope Francis. As many know, the Jubilee is a special year of grace, in which the Catholic Church offers the faithful the possibility of asking for a plenary indulgence, that is, the remission of sins for themselves or for deceased relatives"

BUT I am not asking about with this. I'm asking about christians who are anticipating that a literal forgiveness of all literal present debt will be forgiven (seemingly before the second coming of Jesus?) And in addition: loads of gold being lifted from hidden reserves under the Earth (!)?.

Where are they getting this from, and has it passed?
Some people seem to forget that God's kingdom is not of this world. Jesus is our Jubilee. Faith is our "gold", sin is the debt that we have been forgiven and everything lost in the fall has been restored.

Upvote 0