Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great because I think I freaked out everyone in the parenting forum because we do not run or let our kids run with out clothes in front of each other.
April

We don't do that either. I know what you mean, though. I've come under fire on certain issues in Women's Discussion because of my conservative views.

Upvote 0

daniel777

Feb 13, 2007
America
✟12,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
wow a christian forum that doesn't center around religious relativism. yay, a forum where i can be "narrow minded" (all religions can be wrong but they can't all be right--C.S. Lewis) (Jesus is the only way, yes hell is real, yes God is angry, and no we aren't good we are depraved objects of eternal wrath unless we surrender, repent and follow jesus, all trees that do not bear good fruit are cut down and thrown into the fire. you will know them by their fruit. . . mercy, grace, love, joy, God, are all impossible without justice and the law/the truth)

does that about sumarize the basic differences between this and other forums?

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
wow a christian forum that doesn't center around religious relativism. yay, a forum where i can be "narrow minded" (all religions can be wrong but they can't all be right--C.S. Lewis) (Jesus is the only way, yes hell is real, yes God is angry, and no we aren't good we are depraved objects of eternal wrath unless we surrender, repent and follow jesus, all trees that do not bear good fruit are cut down and thrown into the fire. you will know them by their fruit. . . mercy, grace, love, joy, God, are all impossible without justice and the law/the truth)

That seems like a pretty good summary!!

Upvote 0

beverhome

Jul 11, 2007
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟15,488.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We don't do that either. I know what you mean, though. I've come under fire on certain issues in Women's Discussion because of my conservative views.
Wow I have not met many like me...thanks
April

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Eep... do you know, that's exactly right, but when it's phrased so succinctly and so cut and dry, it worries me a little...

Like, I guess, I don't believe that God is angry. Because I saw 3 butterflies today, and they're from Him. And I made a daisy-chain, and those are from Him, and for a million other reasons.

Also, I think some of us are "good" people, but we all fall indescribably short of God's standards, and yes, we all deserve to go to hell eternally, but because of His glory, and generosity and love, through Jesus we are saved. And when we become saved, He smiles when He looks at us because we become His children.

Or is that all hopelessly rose-tinted?

Reactions: Sophia7
Upvote 0

daniel777

Feb 13, 2007
America
✟12,839.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
i don't want to scare anyone, i'm not always that blunt, but these are necessary truths that don't need to be repressed because our culture disagrees. ofcourse their going to disagree. there is a time for bluntness and when that time comes it shouldn't be softened. we can't repress truth for the sake of making people happy. the unsaved have a great reason to be unhappy and they should be upset 1 because of where their going (which is absolutly horrible) and 2 even worse what they're missing in hevan and the true purpose for their existance. i do believe that ideas should never take presidence over people, but the truth should always come first. because we are christian we believe in absolute truth, while everione else believes only in ideas (relativism). we should try to speak soft but sometimes there's a need for bluntness.

and God is angry at sin. if there were no wrath or anger behind the justice of God there would be no need for Jesus to come in the firstplace. and if the unconverted are not born again they will serve as objects of his wrath for eternity in hell. it's not pretty that people have to suffer, all the more reason to tell them; covering our eyes will not save them.

well there's my suggestions.

Upvote 0

GreenMunchkin

Likes things. And stuff. But mostly things.
Site Supporter
Jan 21, 2007
United Kingdom of wo0t
✟99,941.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i don't want to scare anyone, i'm not always that blunt, but these are necessary truths that don't need to be repressed because our culture disagrees. ofcourse their going to disagree. there is a time for bluntness and when that time comes it shouldn't be softened. we can't repress truth for the sake of making people happy. the unsaved have a great reason to be unhappy and they should be upset 1 because of where their going (which is absolutly horrible) and 2 even worse what they're missing in hevan and the true purpose for their existance. i do believe that ideas should never take presidence over people, but the truth should always come first. because we are christian we believe in absolute truth, while everione else believes only in ideas (relativism). we should try to speak soft but sometimes there's a need for bluntness.

and God is angry at sin. if there were no wrath or anger behind the justice of God there would be no need for Jesus to come in the firstplace. and if the unconverted are not born again they will serve as objects of his wrath for eternity in hell. it's not pretty that people have to suffer, all the more reason to tell them; covering our eyes will not save them.

well there's my suggestions.
Oh, no, I do agree. I suppose, I just don't see God as a "wrathful God". Like, when people go to hell, it's a tragedy, one we can't even put into words, but God didn't send them there because of His anger; they chose to go there because of apostasy and arrogance.

God has given every one of us every opportunity to get to know Him, so I just don't see hell as a "punishment" so much as a willfull choice, and I believe He weeps for every person that goes there.

He totally hates sin - it's abhorrent to Him, yes - but His love is far greater than His anger, or we would never be redeemed.

But, you're right in what you say :)

Upvote 0

nitrox314

Sinner saved by Grace
Jun 23, 2008
USA
✟15,268.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, no, I do agree. I suppose, I just don't see God as a "wrathful God". Like, when people go to hell, it's a tragedy, one we can't even put into words, but God didn't send them there because of His anger; they chose to go there because of apostasy and arrogance.

God has given every one of us every opportunity to get to know Him, so I just don't see hell as a "punishment" so much as a willfull choice, and I believe He weeps for every person that goes there.

He totally hates sin - it's abhorrent to Him, yes - but His love is far greater than His anger, or we would never be redeemed.

But, you're right in what you say :)

From my experience from being an un-believer for so long, many mistake what the term LOVE means. We have to remember that LOVE has been twisted in today's society. I actually had a friend recently reject Christ because her close friend is a homosexual. My wife and I tried to talk to her, but she said she could not believe that a "Loving" God would not condone a male-male relationship that she saw as "Love". We lost her then, and we pray that she will one day come back to us. God's love is different than what we think. We twist it up with our extreme human emotions. His love is genuine LOVE. Untainted by human emotion. We try to think of his LOVE emulating human love, but it is supposed to be the other way around. I dunno, it's kinda my ramblin'. What are you guy's thoughts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CADude12

There is a God. You are not him. I'm not either.
Sep 28, 2008
Boston
✟15,490.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
If someone is confusing agape love with sexual love, then they are just - confused. Sorry to hear you lost her on that point.

Grace is supposed to give us the wherewithal to live a life of agape love. We're still sinners, and we're not going to be perfect - not even close. IMO, it's necessary to face the hard truths about our relationships in this world - they are going to end. My wife will loose me, or I will loose her, at some point, if we don't happen to accidentally die at the same time.

But, our relationship with God different - it's forever.

Upvote 0