Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is this something unusual or has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to note that this happens even during the daytime when I'm full of energy. It seems to happen every time I pray.

It seems disruptful to my prayer life. I do continue to finish my prayers and I pray throughout my entire day on a daily basis. I'm not sure if I'm thinking too much of it. Is it an attempt to get me frustrated and not want to pray, release of negative energy or stress and relaxed state with God?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this something unusual or has anyone else experienced this? I'd like to note that this happens even during the daytime when I'm full of energy. It seems to happen every time I pray.

It seems disruptful to my prayer life. I do continue to finish my prayers and I pray throughout my entire day on a daily basis. I'm not sure if I'm thinking too much of it. Is it an attempt to get me frustrated and not want to pray, release of negative energy or stress and relaxed state with God?

Do not worry about it. Yawning is a very weird thing. If you fake a yawn, your dog will often yawn. If you yawn in a meeting, others will immediately follow. Writing this is making me yawn. It's a very weird thing science has not pinned down.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Some of us even go to sleep while we are praying, God understands, we are human, we lose our concentration, our mind wanders, we go to sleep mid prayer. it happens and it is nothing to be concerned about.

• Friendly
Reactions: EnterLight
Upvote 0

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Very interesting :).... I've never met anyone else who experienced this! For me, it's not when I'm praying, but it's when I'm reading the Bible or something very spiritual. I take it as a really good thing...that what I'm reading is very relaxing and helping me to unwind, and is a de-stresser. :)

Reactions: EnterLight
Upvote 0

shineyourlight

Mar 6, 2020
New York
✟71,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I wouldn't worry about it. It's a natural thing for anyone :)

Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
  • Haha
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,014,098.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I got to be very careful when i yawn as it can be quite scary!!

2kw7rytigds01.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

This is not natural tiredness.

As you mention, you were full of energy no?

This is a spirit of weariness unique to when those who need to read God's Word or pray get an onset of spiritual fatigue (therefore the overflow manifests in the physical realm).

If you notice in scripture, Amalek attacked the stragglers in the Israelite's rear ranks who were tired and weary from their journey.

(Deuteronomy 25:17-19).

In the Israelite's battle with the Amalekites, Moses was holding up his hands and while his hands were raised.. they were winning but when his arms got tired and his hands were lowered... they would began to lose the battle.

(Exodus 17:8-16)

The Bible also speaks of becoming weary of doing good (Galatians 6:9) and the Lord Jesus says 'come to me all who are weary and I will give you rest' (Matthew 11:28)

This sometimes happened to my wife when I read the Bible to her, she began to yawn a lot.. it does gets better over time and with prayer.

'12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.'

(Ephesians 6:12)

There's too many scriptures that speak of fatigue to think this has a natural cause.. fatigue not necessarily in the body but fatigue of the soul and spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0