The Lord is my Shepherd
Apr 19, 2005
KY
✟17,097.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone! :wave: I have never been in here before, so I am not very sure as to where to jump in. I have been trying to walk a life more in line with what Christ would want me to, but of course I always get side tracked. It would be so nice just to talk to other Christians to keep me on the right track and to continue walking the right way on the right path.

Reactions: wolfman544
Upvote 0

mama3hmscool

Veteran
May 30, 2007
✟2,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone! :wave: I have never been in here before, so I am not very sure as to where to jump in. I have been trying to walk a life more in line with what Christ would want me to, but of course I always get side tracked. It would be so nice just to talk to other Christians to keep me on the right track and to continue walking the right way on the right path.
Welcome Reverie, just jump right in and let us know if there is something on your mind.

Upvote 0

wolfman544

Servant of the Secret Fire.
Dec 14, 2006
PA
Visit site
✟30,119.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome, it's good to have you with us.

Unfortunately, I am getting worse and not better. So, off to the Dr. I go. :sick:
Will keep praying for you

Upvote 0

Born2Serve06

I'll praise you in this storm.
Sep 21, 2006
Chicago
✟12,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Guys I am at a loss with my son. Hunter is cutting down his sister in every way possible. He has been calling her stupid and moron. I have told him I am going to start carring a bar of soap around and every time he says something mean I am going to put it in his mouth.

Yesterday he was sent home from after school care because he started screaming at the teacher when she wouldn't give him an answer to the problem he was working on.

Then on our way to basketball practice he was singing a song and I asked him if he learned it in music class and his reply to me was No, what are you stupid? I was so mad that I was all over the road trying to reach back and smack him. :mad:

I don't know what to do with him and I have had it! I've been taking TV away but it doesn't seem to be working. :sigh:

Upvote 0

wolfman544

Dec 14, 2006
PA
Visit site
✟30,119.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Guys I am at a loss with my son. Hunter is cutting down his sister in every way possible. He has been calling her stupid and moron. I have told him I am going to start carring a bar of soap around and every time he says something mean I am going to put it in his mouth.

Yesterday he was sent home from after school care because he started screaming at the teacher when she wouldn't give him an answer to the problem he was working on.

Then on our way to basketball practice he was singing a song and I asked him if he learned it in music class and his reply to me was No, what are you stupid? I was so mad that I was all over the road trying to reach back and smack him. :mad:

I don't know what to do with him and I have had it! I've been taking TV away but it doesn't seem to be working. :sigh:
i don't know what to tell you there.
But I will keep you and him in prayer

Reactions: Born2Serve06
Upvote 0

cristianna

...dancing in the rain...
Aug 21, 2006
✟20,202.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone! I have never been in here before, so I am not very sure as to where to jump in. I have been trying to walk a life more in line with what Christ would want me to, but of course I always get side tracked. It would be so nice just to talk to other Christians to keep me on the right track and to continue walking the right way on the right path.

Welcome! Your desires of the heart is what each of us here also desire. You'll find a great mix of things from fellowship, to prayer requests to biblical advice and more. So jump right on in!

Unfortunately, I am getting worse and not better. So, off to the Dr. I go.​

:prayer:

Then on our way to basketball practice he was singing a song and I asked him if he learned it in music class and his reply to me was No, what are you stupid? I was so mad that I was all over the road trying to reach back and smack him.

I don't know what to do with him and I have had it! I've been taking TV away but it doesn't seem to be working.

Do you know where Hunter is learning these traits? If you do, I would immediately put an end to it if it was a friend. If he was older I would react differently, but apparently he's at a vulnerable age in which he's being easily molded.

And if it is a family member I would discuss with them how their words, sarcastic silly or not, is harming your son's ability to see people as anything other than negative traits and he's using painful words.

Depending on his age it's a VERY fine line of how to handle and react. The younger they are, any attention is terrific. As they progress into a true childhood and 'tween status things require a very different reaction.

Since I presume he is young I would not react harshly. Rather when caught, and immediately no matter where you are or who is around, I would make him apologize. And then I would sit there with him until he can find a way to say it "nicer" and in a better way to that person.

For instance, instead of calling his sister a moron, he could instead (his words, with only gentle prompting or hinting from you) say "Sister, you're making me angry. I'm mad". It's hard for me to give examples because I don't know his age, but I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm saying- nothing wrong with expressing feelings, but do it age appropriately without name calling.

Reactions: Born2Serve06
Upvote 0

Born2Serve06

I'll praise you in this storm.
Sep 21, 2006
Chicago
✟12,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome! Your desires of the heart is what each of us here also desire. You'll find a great mix of things from fellowship, to prayer requests to biblical advice and more. So jump right on in!

Do you know where Hunter is learning these traits? If you do, I would immediately put an end to it if it was a friend. If he was older I would react differently, but apparently he's at a vulnerable age in which he's being easily molded.

And if it is a family member I would discuss with them how their words, sarcastic silly or not, is harming your son's ability to see people as anything other than negative traits and he's using painful words.

Depending on his age it's a VERY fine line of how to handle and react. The younger they are, any attention is terrific. As they progress into a true childhood and 'tween status things require a very different reaction.

Since I presume he is young I would not react harshly. Rather when caught, and immediately no matter where you are or who is around, I would make him apologize. And then I would sit there with him until he can find a way to say it "nicer" and in a better way to that person.

For instance, instead of calling his sister a moron, he could instead (his words, with only gentle prompting or hinting from you) say "Sister, you're making me angry. I'm mad". It's hard for me to give examples because I don't know his age, but I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm saying- nothing wrong with expressing feelings, but do it age appropriately without name calling.
That is awesome! I am going to try that! Thank you.

Upvote 0

Eldaah

Member of the WWJD Club
Jan 23, 2007
WV, USA
Visit site
✟9,398.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I don't have time to read all of the posts here right now, but I did notice someone has been repping me. :p :hug:

I just wanted to let you guys know I am praying for you all, and give you all a big :hug:! :D God bless you all!

Chase

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cristianna

...dancing in the rain...
Aug 21, 2006
✟20,202.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning everyone!

Red Fox I don't have any boys, so my advice could be useless. I would probably at all costs sit on him. ^_^

No but seriously... does he do this when he's upset, angry, just having fun??? I think it really depends.

If he's doing it as a reaction to emotions, I would imagine if you studied him you would see some type of characteristic that occurs immediately before. It's true of all creatures- animals perk their ears and zero in, humans typically tighten their neck/shoulder muscles first, etc.

I think if you could find what he specifically does before it happens you could begin to remold his actions by removing him from the situation when you see that key movement.

Now if it's just playing around that's going a bit too far, then I think talking, slowing it down before it gets to the bit too rough and things like that will suffice and eventually settle in.

And as far as physical play, I personally don't see a great deal of concern. Society embraces high fives, NFL players pat each others bums and do those chest/stomach high fives, etc. Really it's learning tact (and his size compared to the other person) with that style of physical behavior.

Reactions: wolfman544
Upvote 0

Eldaah

Member of the WWJD Club
Jan 23, 2007
WV, USA
Visit site
✟9,398.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Eldaah, I am glad your presentation went well. Will be praying for a good offering for your trip. God will supply you with what you need.
Guys, I am sooooo sick!!!!! The worst part is that my husband is so busy with work that he is literally never home lately and it is me and the three kids. I really hope what I have is not turning into an infection and I just wish I could get some rest to help my body get well. Thanks for asking. :blush:
Will still be praying for your friends Wolfman.
Hello to everybody.

Thanks. I'll be praying for you, sister. :prayer:

Hee hee hee *Evil Laugh*

LOL. Should I warn your husband to duck? :D

You know, that is very true. Of course I always wonder who was the first to try some of those things. ^_^ Because let me tell you, some things I would have NEVER conjured up the guts to do it, try it, or even consider it.

Lol, I wouldn't be that brave. lol. Hmm, let's try swallowing this plant. :yum: lol. I wonder if it will help me or kill me. lol. :p

Hey, welcome to the WWJD club. Just jump in wherever. Do you have any specific prayer requests? We like to keep each other in prayer, and you can do the same if you want. I'll be praying for you. God bless!

Unfortunately, I am getting worse and not better. So, off to the Dr. I go. :sick:

Ugh, that's no fun.

Hmm, that seems to be hard to stop. Not that I would entirely know what it's like, as I am not a parent, but I do know what it's like trying to stop my little brothers and sisters. I haven't really found a way yet though, because if I stop them, they'll just turn their words on me instead. lol. Luckily my parents don't allow us to say Stupid or moron or anything like that, so whenever one of them gets out of line, they better look out. I think my little sister learned her lesson the time my mom washed her mouth out with soap. I've never had that happen to me, but I used to get in trouble all the time for calling names. :eek: lol. I am rambling I guess, and I don't really have any advice. Sorry.

That seems to be very good advice. :D

I am going through the same with my 7 year old son. He is beginning to get physical, too. Any suggestions for that?

Ugh, once again, I have nothing. Sorry, I'll pray for him to straighten out though. And for you to know what to do.

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow. Mostly to see how much God provides through the church, but also to see how much He will provide in another way. :D It's interesting to think of it that way. however much He doesn't supply through the church is how much I can count on him to supply another way. Isn't it great that we can fully trust God to provide for our needs? I rarely have the faith to fully believe, but right now, I know He will provide what I need for this trip, one way or another. It seems like all of a sudden there are tons of ways to get money for the trip. I'll wait and see how much the offering is, and then I'll plan accordingly. I am already going to be taking care of my Grandparent's dogs for two weeks soon, and my dad just told me today that he has a small job for us over the next couple weeks that we will likely get a little money for. All I can say is God provides.

I'll be praying for you all, and will let you know what the offering brings. God bless! :hug:

Chase

Upvote 0

mama3hmscool

Veteran
May 30, 2007
✟2,277.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am going through the same with my 7 year old son. He is beginning to get physical, too. Any suggestions for that?
When does he get physical exactly?
Born2Serve......whenever my little ones call each other a name, it's pepper on the tongue. Of course, once they don't mind the pepper it's on to red pepper then tabasco sauce.:p (I hope CPS doesn't come looking for me.;) ) It does seem to work. It's not something I have to do often at all. Also, he should be allowed to express himself but like Cristianna said he needs to learn a better way of doing it. So, if he is exasperated or frustrated by a situation then he should learn to walk away before saying something inappropriate. Later on when he has thought of a more appropriate way to say what he is feeling he should feel that he is allowed to approach you or whoever on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

wolfman544

Dec 14, 2006
PA
Visit site
✟30,119.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Great advice

Well, I don't have time to read all of the posts here right now, but I did notice someone has been repping me. :p :hug:

I just wanted to let you guys know I am praying for you all, and give you all a big :hug:! :D God bless you all!

Chase
I wonder who was repping u :D

Good morning everyone!

Red Fox I don't have any boys, so my advice could be useless. I would probably at all costs sit on him. ^_^

No but seriously... does he do this when he's upset, angry, just having fun??? I think it really depends.

If he's doing it as a reaction to emotions, I would imagine if you studied him you would see some type of characteristic that occurs immediately before. It's true of all creatures- animals perk their ears and zero in, humans typically tighten their neck/shoulder muscles first, etc.

I think if you could find what he specifically does before it happens you could begin to remold his actions by removing him from the situation when you see that key movement.

Now if it's just playing around that's going a bit too far, then I think talking, slowing it down before it gets to the bit too rough and things like that will suffice and eventually settle in.

And as far as physical play, I personally don't see a great deal of concern. Society embraces high fives, NFL players pat each others bums and do those chest/stomach high fives, etc. Really it's learning tact (and his size compared to the other person) with that style of physical behavior.
Also, good sounding advice, are you related to super nanny?

Thanks. I'll be praying for you, sister. :prayer:

LOL. Should I warn your husband to duck? :D

Lol, I wouldn't be that brave. lol. Hmm, let's try swallowing this plant. :yum: lol. I wonder if it will help me or kill me. lol. :p

Hey, welcome to the WWJD club. Just jump in wherever. Do you have any specific prayer requests? We like to keep each other in prayer, and you can do the same if you want. I'll be praying for you. God bless!

Ugh, that's no fun.

Hmm, that seems to be hard to stop. Not that I would entirely know what it's like, as I am not a parent, but I do know what it's like trying to stop my little brothers and sisters. I haven't really found a way yet though, because if I stop them, they'll just turn their words on me instead. lol. Luckily my parents don't allow us to say Stupid or moron or anything like that, so whenever one of them gets out of line, they better look out. I think my little sister learned her lesson the time my mom washed her mouth out with soap. I've never had that happen to me, but I used to get in trouble all the time for calling names. :eek: lol. I am rambling I guess, and I don't really have any advice. Sorry.

That seems to be very good advice. :D

Ugh, once again, I have nothing. Sorry, I'll pray for him to straighten out though. And for you to know what to do.

I'm pretty excited about tomorrow. Mostly to see how much God provides through the church, but also to see how much He will provide in another way. :D It's interesting to think of it that way. however much He doesn't supply through the church is how much I can count on him to supply another way. Isn't it great that we can fully trust God to provide for our needs? I rarely have the faith to fully believe, but right now, I know He will provide what I need for this trip, one way or another. It seems like all of a sudden there are tons of ways to get money for the trip. I'll wait and see how much the offering is, and then I'll plan accordingly. I am already going to be taking care of my Grandparent's dogs for two weeks soon, and my dad just told me today that he has a small job for us over the next couple weeks that we will likely get a little money for. All I can say is God provides.

I'll be praying for you all, and will let you know what the offering brings. God bless! :hug:

Chase
Ahh, the good old washing mouth out with soap, sometimes the old ways of doing it still work well.

And how true, God will provide.

When does he get physical exactly?
Born2Serve......whenever my little ones call each other a name, it's pepper on the tongue. Of course, once they don't mind the pepper it's on to red pepper then tabasco sauce.:p (I hope CPS doesn't come looking for me.;) ) It does seem to work. It's not something I have to do often at all. Also, he should be allowed to express himself but like Cristianna said he needs to learn a better way of doing it. So, if he is exasperated or frustrated by a situation then he should learn to walk away before saying something inappropriate. Later on when he has thought of a more appropriate way to say what he is feeling he should feel that he is allowed to approach you or whoever on it.
Interesting modification of the soap in mouth. You're going to make them like spicy food

Thanks everyone for your prayers..turns out I have a sinus infection and bronchitis. So, I am on antibiotics and a cough syrup at night so I can FINALLY get some rest!!!:sleep:
Tabasco on the tongue would help clear your sinuses ^_^

Upvote 0

wolfman544

Dec 14, 2006
PA
Visit site
✟30,119.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Please keep praying for my friends, their marriage is having more problems as I post, just when it looks like things are getting better, I get this message last night
"She just handed her wedding band back to me twice in one night. Says she doesn't believe in God anymore, and therefore she can't be my wife.
don't know what to do now. She's effectively asked me for a divorce two times in one night.
depressed. Trying to take emergency day off on Monday to get counseling ASAP.
Please pray... I have no idea what to do now."
And, also just got a text saying that she drove off in a huff.
Please pray for them, their marriage and that God would work and reveal Himself to them both in a fresh and awesome way, and rekindle their faith.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.