Arizona
✟173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- World Wrestling Entertainment superstar Eduardo Gory Guerrero was found dead in his hotel room Sunday morning in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a WWE Supershow.

When Guerrero, 38, didn't respond to a wake-up call, hotel security at Minneapolis Marriott City Center and Guerrero's nephew and fellow WWE wrestler, Chavo Guerrero, forced entry into the room shortly after 7 a.m., police said.

The 5-8, 220-pound wrestler was found on the floor. Attempts to revive him were unsuccessful.

There were no apparent signs of foul play or suicide, police said. An autopsy was planned at the Hennepin County medical examiner's office.

He was a featured star on the UPN series WWE Smackdown! and son of Mexican wrestler Gory Guerrero.

He is survived by his wife, Vickie, and daughters Shaul, 14; Sherilyn, 9; and Kaylie Marie, 3, according to WWE Web site.

"This is a huge loss," said WWE chairman Vince McMahon. "Eddie was a wonderful, fun-loving human being. Eddie was a consummate performer."

Chavo Guerrero and McMahon said Guerrero was open about his past drug and alcohol abuse but they said he'd been sober for four years.

Guerrero was in the Twin Cities with 60 to 80 other wrestlers to film Friday Night Smackdown at the Target Center.

"I know Eddie would want the show to go on," Chavo Guerrero said. Chavo Guerrero is a current wrestler and newphew of Eddie Guerrero. Chavo and Eddie have always been close to eachother and Chavo is deeply saddened by Eddie's untimely death.

In February 2004, Guerrero became the second wrestler of Hispanic heritage to be WWE champion when he defeated Brock Lesnar, a former University of Minnesota wrestling standout. Guerrero lost the title four months later.

In May 2004, UPN aired the special Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story. The one-hour program chronicled his childhood and his struggle with drug addiction that almost cost him his job, family and life before his recovery and eventual capture of the WWE championship.

Guerrero grew up in El Paso, Texas. He and his three older brothers were all wrestlers.

I am a big wrestling fan and Eddie Guerrero's untimley death has effected me a lot. I would and so many others in the world would appriciate it if you could give your prayers to Eddie Guerrero and his family. Below is a picture of Eddie. Thank you and Bless you all.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2005/more/11/14/obit.guerrero.ap/p1.eddie.guerrero.ap.jpg

Raistlinorr

Veteran
Sep 20, 2005
✟9,706.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
holyroller2005 said:
Lord, please be with this mans family and Lord, we pray that He found you before his time. Lord, please ease their pain and bless them IN Jesus name. AMen

Yes he was a Christian. :clap: :clap: :clap:

It seems 3 of us decided to start pray requests for his family :)

I felt so sad when I heard he had passed. I still can't believe he is gone. I'll never forget the joy he brought while watching him preform. It will be hard getting used to not seeing him. I feel so bad for his wife and 3 little girls.

But I can't wait to meet him in heaven where he is sure to still be doing frog splashes.

It hurts that he is gone but at the same time I'm happy because he was born again.
God Bless
Raist

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have prayed for the Guerrero family. His widow's name is Vickie, and his three daughters are Shaul (14), Sherilyn (9), and Kaylie Marie (3).

Here is Eddie's website: http://www.eddicts.com/

Rocker, I can hardly wait for RAW tonight and Smackdown on Friday. I'm really interested in what his collegues are going to say.

Diane
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Raistlinorr

Veteran
Sep 20, 2005
✟9,706.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rocker777 said:
I missed RAW last night unfortunatley because I went to go to see Stryper in concert which by the way they rocked, PRAISE THE LORD! So how was the tribute show?

It was very good.

It made me cry though, but still very good.

It still strange to think I'll never see him wrestle or see him do some silly antic again I'll miss seeing him alot.

It was nice to hear some of the others speak about him coming to them with the bible when they had problems. The two interviews that meant the most to me were HBKs and Batistas.

God Bless
Raist

Upvote 0

GQCowboy

Sep 28, 2005
TX
Visit site
✟15,698.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know if you got a chance to see it on the WWE website, but the former "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase, who now is an evangelist for Heart of David Ministries, spoke at length about Eddie. Great commentary. It was touching to see some of the tougher men in the sport like HHH and Chris Benoit speak at length about him. Chris was very moved by this as much as anyone since their friendship was unbreakable. But the show must carry on.

Upvote 0

Rocker777

Nov 7, 2005
Arizona
✟173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would just like to say I really appriciate all you guys for your support. I am a very big wrestling fan and it means a lot to me if you can give your greif to a wonderful man and loving husband. Even if your not a wrestling fan, I thank you guys for supporting this thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.