Wow! how a director uses this time for loving . . .

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yesterday, I dropped off a package of shipped food at the senior center which has been converted into an emergency food giving place. A lady came out and was generously kind and beautiful and friendly. She is the director. It looks like she has adapted to this new situation, and manages this situation as a time for loving . . . not just for making sacrifices and being a hero taking risks and trying to rescue people.

I think of how Jesus on the cross was in such a horrible situation, yet He kept on loving, caring, having compassion for any and all people. This included how He was about family, arranging for His mother Mary and His beloved disciple to be mother and son and stay with one another. While He went through all that, He kept on being with our Father, and He kept on being about family loving and caring and sharing.

So, she was a demonstration of this, in such a horrible time loving generously and joyfully and kindly.

So, thank You, God, for how now we can be inspired and encouraged by our example Jesus on the cross.

"And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma." (Ephesians 5:2)

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus reminded Pilate that His Kingdom was not of this earth. In which it was difficult for him and anyone else to understand how this could be, since he couldn't think of nor see this in an heavenly state of mind, only earthly set.

John 18:33-36

"Then Pilate entered the Praetorium again, called Jesus, and said to Him, “Are You the King of the Jews?”

Jesus answered him, “Are you speaking for yourself about this, or did others tell you this concerning Me?”

Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered You to me. What have You done?”

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”"

Same way for us this isn't our true home. We know that our stay on earth is temporary, we will at some point leave it behind, and go on to an eternal state. Whether this be in heaven or hell, depends on our choosing.

We are meant to be fishers of men, wanting to see more souls saved in Christ. Yet only God in truth have the power to bring any one to salvation, we do our part praying for this and reaching out to the lost with the gospel.

Romans 1:16

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek."

We know that we can rejoice in Him also in times of trouble, and we can remain loving and caring. When we do indeed remain in His love, loving and seeking Him first, we will also be given a longing for showing others of His love and mercy.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

There are times in which this can seem difficult, although the Lord Jesus will help us managing this as well as strenghtening us. It is only because of Him and His love for us, that we can manage doing the same to others.

1 John 4:19

"We love Him because He first loved us."

When we willingly lay down our lives and will over unto His hands, wanting more to serve Him and others through Him. Looking away from ourselves, and looking more to the needs of others being met. Thinking of them as more important than how we think of ourselves.

1 John 3:16-18

"By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us. And we also ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

But whoever has this world’s goods, and sees his brother in need, and shuts up his heart from him, how does the love of God abide in him?

My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth."

Matthew 16:24-25

"Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me.

For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it."

In a world which there is more focus on "Me", this is a very rare sacrifice to see. Especially when it is done not expecting anything in return, nor trying to make more points which should be added to one's salvation. As when someone genuinely blesses and helps another out of thankfulness and joy because of the Lord, not expecting anything back from this, this is what it means in doing good works in Christ Jesus. Which will also bear more fruits.

Luke 6:35

"But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil."

Ephesians 2:8-10

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ
Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

• Winner
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0