Nigeria
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Destiny Empowerment Daily Devotional
*(2nd November 2023)*

by *Sunday Akanni*

TOPIC: The Beautiful Things Of Love (Part 2)

The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: “Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. (Jeremiah 31:3)

For various reasons, a lot of people keep doubting the existence of true love, since what is prominent in our world is lust, selfishness, deceit, hypocrisy, and the likes. However, from the scriptures, there have been proofs upon proofs that true love exists.

First of all, remember that *God, the Supreme Creator is All-powerful and can do anything and everything. However, one of the most prominent expressions of God is Love. In fact, God is Love personified. Yes, God is Love. And since it is true that God exists, then it is true that Love exists. The existence of the True God is the existence of True Love.*

A vivid proof that God has been showing, and will keep showing true love, can be found in John 3:16 -

*"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."*

God so loved the world (which includes you) way before you were born. God knows you before you were born, and He has been showing you love even before you were born. An expression of His love revolves around how He safeguarded you while you were in your mother's womb, and has blessed you with the gift of life to remain alive till today.

So, you are not loveless. You might have passed through different incidents that have made you doubt the existence of true love (hated, being deceived, taken for granted, jilted, betrayed, etc.). But I want you to know that even till this moment, God, your Creator is vehemently in love with you.

What is the proof of love? What is love without giving?

"For God so loved the world that He GAVE His only begotten Son..."

So, God put His Love for you into action by giving you the best Gift ever: He gave you Himself in Christ Jesus.

Wow!

Since humankind has embraced sin and death, God proved He didn't hate us by still deciding to come into the flesh to die for our sins! Wow!

*True Love is when Jesus Christ decides to die for undeserving folks like you and me. "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:8)*

So, how should you respond to this love being shown you by God? Accept His Gift!

"...that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."

Simply accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, and your life will never remain the same again. You must be determined to forsake anything sinful. If you need to make your way right with the LORD, simply pray:

*"LORD JESUS, I believe in my heart that You died for me and You raised on the third day for my justification. And so I confess with my mouth that You are my Lord and Savior. From today, I belong to the family of God. Thank You for giving me eternal life."*

*Confession:*
Everywhere I go, I'm conscious of the Father's love for me. It doesn't matter what comes my way, I will never forget how true it is that God loves me, and I have a proof in Christ Jesus. Amen.

*Further Reading*

In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. I John 4:10

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

N.B: TO GET THIS DIRECTLY, KINDLY SEND "DESTINY EMPOWERMENT"