Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 24
8All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

Matthew 13
18Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
19When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

Let us, for the love of God, love one another through all times of sorrow. We are perfected by one Holy Spirit which is God, and through this Spirit we do share a holy fellowship in Christ.

Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This doesn't say much for the quality of their former commitment to the Episcopalean system. The Episcopal Church has some contact with both Protestant and Catholic traditions, but members should be more than Catholics that want to be able to divorce. Protestant churches, including the Episcopal one, have basic differences in their source of authority and the way they conceive of the Church. I have no objection to someone becoming Catholic if it's for the right reason, but an unwillingness to accept homosexuals doesn't in itself seem like the right reason.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Reactionarianism is no way to live the life in Christ.

I agree with both of ya'll in essence, but I don't think we can judge(not that we should anyway) their true motives based on a news article. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, that it wasn't a decision they came to lightly, but rather after some deep soul searching.

It's possible they saw the issues they were having trouble with as a sort of hand-writing on the wall, and now was the time to come back home to the Catholic Church.

Peace be with you.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
christianmomof3 That does not suprise me. I thought Episcopals were the same as Catholics except they can get divorces. All the Episcopals I know were Catholics until they got divorced and then remarried, then they became Episcopals.
I guess they decided that homosexuality is worse than not allowing divorce and remarriage. Will they be allowed to join the RCC? What if they are divorced? What if they want to get divorces and marry someone else or marry someone who is not RCC after they join the RCC?

The RCC hands out annulments as wedding presents to those inquiring of them...I know this first hand.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Thanks Dark Lite, my grandmother just passed away a couple hours ago at 90 years old this morning. My mother expressed she felt no peace with God but insisted that she said all her novenas and I did not know what a novena was. I ceratinly wasnt going to ask my mom that in the present moment. My families are catholic but I dont know all the names of things.

Upvote 0

pilgrimage

going home
Mar 22, 2006
✟7,686.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks Dark Lite, my grandmother just passed away a couple hours ago at 90 years old this morning. My mother expressed she felt no peace with God but insisted that she said all her novenas and I did not know what a novena was. I ceratinly wasnt going to ask my mom that in the present moment. My families are catholic but I dont know all the names of things.
:hug: :prayer:sorry to hear that fireinfolding..

Upvote 0

chestertonrules

Dec 17, 2007
Texas
✟11,733.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

chestertonrules

Dec 17, 2007
Texas
✟11,733.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
christianmomof3 That does not suprise me. I thought Episcopals were the same as Catholics except they can get divorces. All the Episcopals I know were Catholics until they got divorced and then remarried, then they became Episcopals.
I guess they decided that homosexuality is worse than not allowing divorce and remarriage. Will they be allowed to join the RCC? What if they are divorced? What if they want to get divorces and marry someone else or marry someone who is not RCC after they join the RCC?

The RCC hands out annulments as wedding presents to those inquiring of them...I know this first hand.

That is a blatant dishonest distortion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is a blatant dishonest distortion.
Really? my ex and I were married for years and had a 4 year old son, she was getting remarried and asked if i'd sign off on it if requested...I said no way yet the church annulled it and married her nonetheless...
Nothing blatant or dishonest about what i stated for it's straight up truth.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

PassthePeace1

CARO CARDO SALUTIS
Jun 6, 2005
✟24,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

So sorry to hear about the lose of your Grandmother. I will say a prayer for you and your family. :hug:

Peace be with you.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Dark_Lite

Chewbacha
Feb 14, 2002
✟45,495.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Really? my ex and I were married for years and had a 4 year old son, she was getting remarried and asked if i'd sign off on it if requested...I said no way yet the church annulled it and married her nonetheless...

Anecdotal evidence is non-evidence, especially on the Internet. Generalizing your single case to "the Church" is not honest either. It's like eating an undercooked piece of meat, getting sick, and then declaring all meat makes you sick.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

The annulment board, for some reason, found you're marriage was never sacramental in the first place. Since you don't recognize marriage as a sacrament this shouldn't come as any surprise. The board was merely reflecting your own beliefs.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, though.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The annulment board, for some reason, found you're marriage was never sacramental in the first place. Since you don't recognize marriage as a sacrament this shouldn't come as any surprise. The board was merely reflecting your own beliefs.

I'm sorry you had to go through that, though.
How could a marraige that had a baptised child NOT be considered sacramental?
I did most certainly at that time consider it a sacrament, the board more likely saw my ex's big wallet (filled with my money) ;) departing and fast tracked her annulment...

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Great news!! I think this will be a growing trend. Millions of people worldwide are coming home to the Catholic Church!!
Are there any stastistics showing how many are leaving it? :confused:

2 Corin 6:17 wherefore come-forth out of midst of them! and be being separated! is saying Lord..........

Luke 21:21 Revelation 18:4 And I hear another voice out of the heaven saying "come forth! out of Her the People of Me

Upvote 0

christianmomof3

pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
RC denomination is the best place to be if you want out of your marriage with
no guilt feelings. It's "like it never happened"

From the U.S. Catholic
...Some Catholics feel annulments are too easy to get; they say the fact that annulments appear to be so prevalent and readily issued feeds into the divorce mentality that has one of every two marriages failing, including Catholic marriages. Both Catholics who are familiar and comfortable with the annulment process and Catholics who don't have much regard for annulments concede that despite its faults, the process is successful in keeping people connected to the church when so many others are walking away.
Interesting. I wonder why the people I know who are Episcopal switched teams? They are my age - perhaps the RCC did not hand out annulments so freely some years ago?

Has it become much easier now to get an annulment than it was in the past?

And, legally, what is the difference in an annulment and a divorce?
Do people who get annulments through the RCC still have to get a legal divorce to work out child custody and all of that stuff?

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting. I wonder why the people I know who are Episcopal switched teams? They are my age - perhaps the RCC did not hand out annulments so freely some years ago?

Has it become much easier now to get an annulment than it was in the past?

And, legally, what is the difference in an annulment and a divorce?
Do people who get annulments through the RCC still have to get a legal divorce to work out child custody and all of that stuff?
Court divorce is a requirement.
W/O an annulment you can't get married in the CC.

Upvote 0