pursuing Christ
Apr 12, 2005
in Christ
✟25,915.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That does not suprise me. I thought Episcopals were the same as Catholics except they can get divorces. All the Episcopals I know were Catholics until they got divorced and then remarried, then they became Episcopals.
I guess they decided that homosexuality is worse than not allowing divorce and remarriage. Will they be allowed to join the RCC? What if they are divorced? What if they want to get divorces and marry someone else or marry someone who is not RCC after they join the RCC?

Upvote 0

Big Drew

Believer
Site Supporter
Nov 10, 2009
Alabama
✟74,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There are a lot of Episcopal churches doing this, or breaking away from the ECUSA and joining the Anglican Church in America, because the ECUSA has become so liberal...I grew up in the Episcopal Church, and my mom was a member for 30 years or more...until the homosexual issues began...there were two Episcopal churches in our town, and our church decided to stay in the ECUSA while the other voted to leave and join the ACA...I had already left the church by this time and became Pentecostal...Mom chose a nondenom church, where she's been ever since.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,155,667.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
This doesn't say much for the quality of their former commitment to the Episcopalean system. The Episcopal Church has some contact with both Protestant and Catholic traditions, but members should be more than Catholics that want to be able to divorce. Protestant churches, including the Episcopal one, have basic differences in their source of authority and the way they conceive of the Church. I have no objection to someone becoming Catholic if it's for the right reason, but an unwillingness to accept homosexuals doesn't in itself seem like the right reason.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Check this out.

Baltimore Episcopal Church Joining Catholic Church - wjz.com

THIS is the kind of "great falling away" we need to see! I wish the Lutherans would've done something like that ...
Just give it time....I am sure the their Pope has more "tricky" tricks up his sleeve :) :p

http://www.christianforums.com/t7411153/
Slick move by the Pope to attract Anglicans

political-pictures-richard-nixon-todays-standards.jpg

Upvote 0

Rdr Iakovos

Nov 4, 2004
Funkytown
✟8,010.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
This doesn't say much for the quality of their former commitment to the Episcopalean system. The Episcopal Church has some contact with both Protestant and Catholic traditions, but members should be more than Catholics that want to be able to divorce. Protestant churches, including the Episcopal one, have basic differences in their source of authority and the way they conceive of the Church. I have no objection to someone becoming Catholic if it's for the right reason, but an unwillingness to accept homosexuals doesn't in itself seem like the right reason.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Reactionarianism is no way to live the life in Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's exactly what I was thinking. Reactionarianism is no way to live the life in Christ.

Hey, it was good enough to start the Episcopal Church right?

(I can say that, being born and raised in it)

Reactions: Standing Up
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Rdr Iakovos

Nov 4, 2004
Funkytown
✟8,010.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, it was good enough to start the Episcopal Church right?

(I can say that, being born and raised in it)
Well, yeah, good point, and around she goes, when she stops, nobody knows.
ach

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
One denomination switching teams .
Not sure what's so exciting.
They "Were" Christians
They're "Still" Christians.
#nonplussed

What if they are divorced? What if they want to get divorces and marry someone else or marry someone who is not RCC after they join the RCC?
RC denomination is the best place to be if you want out of your marriage with
no guilt feelings. It's "like it never happened"

From the U.S. Catholic
...Some Catholics feel annulments are too easy to get; they say the fact that annulments appear to be so prevalent and readily issued feeds into the divorce mentality that has one of every two marriages failing, including Catholic marriages. Both Catholics who are familiar and comfortable with the annulment process and Catholics who don't have much regard for annulments concede that despite its faults, the process is successful in keeping people connected to the church when so many others are walking away.

Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ivebeenshown

Expert invisible poster and thread killer
Apr 27, 2010
✟17,740.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What is there to convert to?

Matthew 18:3
And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

1 John 4

1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One denomination switching teams .
Not sure what's so exciting.
They "Were" Christians
They're "Still" Christians.
#nonplussed

:thumbsup:

RC denomination is the best place to be if you want out of your marriage with
no guilt feelings. It's "like it never happened"

Like my own parents (My sister and I never happened either) ^_^:p

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What is there to convert to?.
A small congregation here and there is hardly the hords that were anticipated 11 months ago.
If the RCC claims they are the first church, and because of the great Schism and Reformation where "hordes" left it, wouldn't they technically be "reverting" back?
[from what I know while debating the Muslim "heathens" for a few years, that is what they call anyone that comes to Islam does is "revert", since, according to their view, everyone is born a Muslim :D]:confused:

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0