Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bribes, or incentives are legal in business, or any private situation, correct?

Also are there ways of offering bribes legally, or what essentially are bribes, whether they call them that ot not?

Not a sarcastic question, I really don't know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why does the Bible say the world overcomes (most) of us?
Most people take the way to destruction. If you study the words in the Greek this could mean majority vs minority. So it could be that as many as 1/3 of the people will be saved. "This third I will put into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, 'They are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'"(Zechariah 13:9)

We are told: ""Go throughout the city of Jerusalem and put a mark on the foreheads of those who grieve and lament over all the detestable things that are done in it." (Ezekiel 9:14) So we can see who God is going to spare. Lots of people seem to grieve and lament. The question is do they have problems over the same things that God grieves and laments over.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricky M
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you mean Amerian are going to handle it by re electing trump?

Not if his numbers in the swing states are any indicator. Now almost every major democrat is beating him in those states. A few weeks ago, it was only Biden (who has admittedly increased his lead in swing states).

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not if his numbers in the swing states are any indicator.
All the more that means he is going to be re elected. That was a big part of his victory over Hillary was she did not know what states to campaign in. It was impossible to predict what states he would win. Even he won states that no one thought he would win.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:
Not if his numbers in the swing states are any indicator. Now almost every major democrat is beating him in those states. A few weeks ago, it was only Biden (who has admittedly increased his lead in swing states).

All the more that means he is going to be re elected.

Seems unlikely. He barely won these swing states when he was polling much higher. Now, he's significantly behind in every swing state he needs to win. And Biden's lead is growing. Trump could still pull it out, but he has reverse his losses soon.

And if he doesn't win all or most of them, he's got no chance at all. With more and more Americans wanting him removed from office, it's not clear how that might happen.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your source is fake news MSDNC? Really?

No one really believes that "fake news" excuse any more.

000s hour of fake coverage on Russian collusion all completely false

Actually, all of our intelligence agencies found Russian interference in the election. Mueller's investigation bagged several of Trump's underlings for such crimes as lying to the FBI about their contacts with Russian agents, but there was insufficient evidence to indict Trump for that.

no coverage of Joe Biden's extortion of former Ukrainian president to stop money laundering investigation into Burisma Holdings after Hunter asked him to intervene

How many people were indicted? None? Guess why. Reality matters.

I know, truth doesn't matter in our postmodern culture

Trump is finding out to his dismay that you're wrong. Reality might be harsh, but it has the virtue of being true.

Meantime the diversionary stories don't seem to be getting much traction with Americans. Biden's lead over Trump continues to grow, particularly in the swing states.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems unlikely.
Just remember after the election that I told you he was going to win. I do not even feel any need to get involved in this because Trump already has it covered and taken care of. God knows what He is doing.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,856.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You got it backwards. Bribery was illegal when Trump came to office. He wanted to overturn the law by presidential decree.
And he thinks the Article II gives him incredible power. I doubt he read the parts where he has to go through Congress.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums