• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Would you make a deal with the Devil?

Discussion in 'Ethics & Morality' started by Gabe7, May 5, 2011.

1. Jade Margery

Jade Margery Stranger in a strange land

+281
    Agnostic
    In Relationship
    WOULD immortality automatically be monotonous though?

As far as we know, the universe is infinite. So even if you had an infinite amount of time to explore it it, you'd still be finding new things, and new things aren't boring. Assuming the human race gets around to space exploration eventually, how could you ever be bored?

Now, if the universe is finite... yeah, that would get pretty dull. But it would take a long time and I gotta say, eternal monotony has a leg up on eternal torture in my book.

2. freeChris44

freeChris44 Newbie

+3
    Christian
    Private
    That serpent controlled my life for 25 years. He can't have anymore of it. PRAISE THE NAME OF JESUS!

3. Ampersand

Ampersand It's the name of the "and" symbol.

+31
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Others
    I don't think Lucifer Morningstar much cares about the lives of paticular mortals, unless they are of not or useful to him in his war against the Silver City.

4. zairsmith

zairsmith Newbie

+6
    Christian
    Engaged
    He cares he is a entity of destruction full of hate and envy. I don't think bargaining with Satan should even be considered. Why bargain with him, when you can receive something he can't give you, for free...ETERNAL LIFE...

Just gotta call on the name of Jesus, Thank You God, You are most merciful.

5. Ampersand

Ampersand It's the name of the "and" symbol.

+31
    Agnostic
    Single
    US-Others
    Again, I doubt he cares about single souls. It's not the fault of Lucifer that men fall, it's their own choices that condemn them. Likewise, Jesus will not save, only the choice to change will improve you.

6. Jro

Jro Guest

+0
    My point is it might be worth it, if you could do away with something like war. Sure, you'll be in hideous pain for eternity, but you'd probably get used to it after a while, maybe strike up a few conversations with Satan about Paradise Lost, etc., whereas you'd be guaranteeing no more genocide, no more child soldiers, no more war time rape, etc., etc.

He cares about me, but that's just cause we struck up a friendship over Tuesday morning lattes, and it turns out he's a HUGE fan of Borges.

7. zairsmith

zairsmith Newbie

+6
    Christian
    Engaged
    Jesus says satan ask for Peter by name. If he didn't care for single souls why ask for Peter by name?

Actually, we could not be saved had not Jesus became the ultimate sacrifice...so, Jesus will save you...You are His main agenda.

8. mzungu

mzungu INVICTUS

+183
    Atheist
    Married
    Show me where in the Bible it says that the Devil committed such things as God did like the flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, the plagues in Egypt, The slaughter of the Malachites, etc. etc.? Besides your boss is willing to condemn me to eternal torment; Hardly a nice and loving boss ;)