Would you condemn ME to justify yourself?

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,041.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think God needs to justify or defend his actions to anyone. He didn't even explain to Job about Satan's involvement. When God showed up, the first thing he said to Job was Job 38:
2 “Who is this that obscures my plans with words without knowledge?"
Instead of answering Job's concerns, God questioned him with a series of questions that lasted for 2 chapters. Basically, God was saying: I am God and who are you?

Job 40:
6Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm: 7“Brace yourself like a man; I will question you, and you shall answer me. 8“Would you discredit my justice? Would you condemn me to justify yourself?

Centuries later, Eli the high priest understood this sovereign power of God. The boy Samuel told Eli about God's judgment on Eli's house, 1 Samuel 3:
18 So Samuel told him everything, hiding nothing from him. Then Eli said, “He is the LORD; let him do what is good in his eyes.”

David said in 2 Samuel 15:
26 But if He should say, 'I do not delight in you,' then here I am; let Him do to me whatever seems good to Him."

Isaiah 45:
9“Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker, those who are nothing but potsherds among the potsherds on the ground. Does the clay say to the potter, ‘What are you making?’ Does your work say, ‘The potter has no hands’? 10Woe to the one who says to a father, ‘What have you begotten?’ or to a mother, ‘What have you brought to birth?’

Don't condemn God to justify yourself. He is the Almighty God.

• Useful
Reactions: Unqualified