Would the history of mankind be different if Job or Noah was the first man?

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. they were no more flawless than Adam. Both of them were guilty of sin. Some are specifically pointed out in the bible. Job the sin of pride, and Noah of lewdness and drunkenness. There was no escaping our fate.

Upvote 0

leowls

Aug 9, 2018
SG
✟11,953.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
True, but please bear in mind mankind was already fallen by the time they came into existence. They had already inherited the sinful nature (thus they were expected to sin at some point) from Adam's sin. But if they were in their perfection condition like Adam (before his downfall) could there be a chance of a victory over Satan? A thought just came to my mind...I guess they won't because if Satan being the 2nd most powerful creature could fall, so can they. You are right, there's no escape if men are left to their own free choice.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True, but please bear in mind mankind was already fallen by the time they came into existence. They had already inherited the sinful nature from Adam's sin. But if they were in their perfection condition like Adam (before his downfall) could there be a chance of a victory over Satan? A thought just came to my mind...I guess they won't because if Satan being the 2nd most powerful creature could fall, so can they. You are right, there's no escape if men are left to their own free choice.

I contend that If Adam was perfect he not only would not but he could not have eaten the forbidden fruit.

• Useful
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These stories are all the same, told in different ways.......each of them showing the plan of salvation. All of them should be examined to find our way back to Eden....to perfection. We must eventually go from what they did back then, to what I have to do now....

Upvote 0

One God

Sep 14, 2018
Bloomington
✟15,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Adam, as first man, was unique among creation. He spoke with God, walked with God and was given a share of the creation process in that as the animals came forth, God told him to name them. Just pick up a book of animal classification and you will see how tremendous a feat that was!
Adam was intelligent with the knowledge and wisdom of the Father present in him. People like to think intelligence started low and increased to present day, but that theory cannot hold water.
Adams failure was in that he loved Eve more than God eventually. He was present with Eve when she took of the fruit offered by the serpent:

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why do people assume Adam was this great guy? He willingly chose to sin which caused the fall of humanity itself which affects every single human being ever born or will be born, causing the Earth to be cursed, and failed to protect his wife from a tempter, was the first to die a spiritual death which unless forgiven will send him to the lake of fire, and was cast out of paradise and cursed for the rest of his life.

He reminds me of Lucifer and his fall.

Upvote 0