Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The nation of Israel exists, legally, like it or not. They have a legal responsibility to defend themselves, like it or not. Israel is God's nation. No, not every citizen is a Jew. 25% are Arabs and most of them are Muslim. Jews have maintained their identity and culture for 2,000 years. Paul tells us that God is the God of the Jews (Romans 3:29) as well as the Gentiles. There are many Jews that have accepted Christ as the Messiah.

God promised Israel that they would be scattered. He also promised that He would restore the nation. God has gathered the Jews back to Israel. As I've said, a number of prophecies cannot be fulfilled unless Israel exists as a nation.

That Israel exists at all is miracle after miracle. I've read the testimony of Derek Prince, who was living in Jerusalem when independence was declared. He was in the British military in Palestine when he got saved. He testifies to the amazing power of God to drive out His enemies. Israel should have been stillborn. Instead, it is the nation that was born in one day (Isaiah 66:8).

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Are you absolutely certain the Hamas attacked Israel purely out of senseless hatred for the Jews

Yup. I am absolutely sure of that.

The State of Israel does not exist according to God's will neither does he have a covenant with Israel after the flesh anymore.

False. IDK what Bible you are reading, but it is not the right one.

"Regarding the gospel, they are enemies for your advantage, but regarding election, they are loved because of the patriarchs, since God’s gracious gifts and calling are irrevocable." (Romans 11:28–29)

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟177,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
A. Paul is first speaking about the blindness of Israel
Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake
(Jewish enemies of the Gospel they are clipped off the Olive Tree and are about to face national judgment in A.D. 70)

B.Who is the Jewish election? The Jewish Remnant that is saved by Christ that Paul just spoke about previously in Romans 11:4-5,7,26.
but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
(Jewish friends of the Gospel, they are never clipped off or have been grafted back on once they're saved.)

For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. And if some of the branches were broken off (enemies for your sake, blindness of Israel), and you, being a wild olive tree (Gentiles), were grafted in among them (the Remnant, Jewish elect), and with them (the Remnant, Jewish elect) became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.

Alright, let's look at the context.

"I don’t want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you will not be conceited: A partial hardening has come upon Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written,
The Deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
And this will be my covenant with them
when I take away their sins. Regarding the gospel, they are enemies for your advantage, but regarding election, they are loved because of the patriarchs, since God’s gracious gifts and calling are irrevocable." (Romans 11:25-29)

Are you really going to say this is not talking about an ethnic Israel? How on earth do you spiritualize this enough to come to the conclusion that this is not talking about ethnic Israel?

25: How do you read this as a "partial hardening" of all Christians? What does it mean to say a "fullness of the Gentiles" if this is not a prophecy?
26:
So Romans 11.26.png
Explain what Jacob means.
27: What is your basis for thinking this is not a prophecy for Israel?
When Romans 11.27.png
28: Is this really talking about (any) Gentiles in any way? Explain!
29:
Israel Election.png

• Informative
Reactions: BroRoyVa79
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I do not see any desert blooming at all I see nothing but misery and death, and the oppression of foreigners and strangers in the land.
I guess Isaiah 35:1-10 and Zechariah 14:16 means nothing. I guess you may need glasses then...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ADVISOR HAT

This thread had a clean up of problematic posts and posts that responded to those posts.

As a reminder, the Statement of Faith is here:

Ephesians321 warned 0 points for Normal Banned - Posts

Full preterism is restricted to Controversial Christian Theology

Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟39,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think that you are mixing a number of different topics, together.

Why the leaders of the Jews, in the New Testament, asked Pilate to kill Jesus,
is a different topic than why the modern state of Israel is waging war on
Muslim jihadists.

What do these topics have to do with core Christian beliefs???

Upvote 0