Would the Christians of this forum prefer the NonBelievers to LEAVE/STOP POSTING?

Would the Christians of this forum prefer the Non-Believers to LEAVE/STOP POSTING?

• Yes

• No

• I don't care either way

• I am undecided at the moment

Results are only viewable after voting.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by LouisBooth
"and simply eliminating everyone and shutting down the forum would eliminate all problems"

True, but that's not what you asked now is it? ;) What you asked is what would happen if all nonchristians left. Then I said the problems would decrease. :)

Oh, come on Louis!  The problems wouldn't decrease if the nonchristians left.   If they weren't here, we'd just turn on eachother more often! LOL

Michelle

Upvote 0
hey louis, what about alll the different christianity denominations?

You would argue with each other and beliefs.

Even those that are just of one denominatiions, their beliefs would vary/;.
THis way things are very down to earth, and realistic.
In life, ;you wont meet just christians
Even if the morals and actions of non believers resemble 'christian' behavior,
;you wont think, "hey, non believer"
LYou would be suprised if you found out theat they were not believers of christ.

(Shrugs), just the way that i look at things I guess.

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"But it is the same logic? Correct?"

Decrease? Yup, I think they would, now are you talking people that say, "I'm a christian" that God will look at them and simply say, "no you're not." or the ones that are actually christians and are circumscied of the heart?

"The point I'm simply trying to make, is that eliminating the 'opposition' will not cure any problems in any forum, work environment, society, country, etcc...etcc..."

*chuckles* This is not a you vs. us thing. You are us, I've seen the enemy and they are us. ;) nonbelievers just don't have God and thus have a different view on the world. Nonbelievers are the opposition, they are the ones in the water that need life preservers. :)

Upvote 0

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"The problems wouldn't decrease if the nonchristians left. "

i think they would, and that's my opinion ;) Doesn't mean I want them to leave.

"You would argue with each other and beliefs. "

we would DISCUSS our differences yes, but those are the not "problems" I was refering to anyway. :) Also as christians we are supposed to discuss our differences in nonessential beliefs, it helps us grow as christians.

Upvote 0

sklippstein

Nov 2, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟9,351.00
Faith
Catholic
Personally i don't think that non Christians should leave. I have no problem with non christians coming into a christian room, as long as they are here to inquire or seek more about christianity. As for posting.....hmmmmm, i think if they do not have a christian viewpoint, how can they honestly add an opinion on a christian issue?

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by sklippstein
Personally i don't think that non Christians should leave. I have no problem with non christians coming into a christian room, as long as they are here to inquire or seek more about christianity. As for posting.....hmmmmm, i think if they do not have a christian viewpoint, how can they honestly add an opinion on a christian issue?

greeting sklip...

They contribute (in my own experience) from the viewpoint of a non-christian.  Stick around...read a few threads, and you'll be AMAZED at what some Christians claim.  What you consider Christian issues....they just consider issues without religous bias.

Also...the Christians could learn A LOT from some of the non-christians.  The unbelievers (in general have shown a great deal more kindness to me) than the believers.

But just my humble observations thus far.

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Also, Sklip, a good deal of us live in societies with a majority of the members believing in Christianity. I have Christian friends. Some "unbelievers" here are married to Christians or have Christian relatives. Some of us are also ex-Christians, like me, so have our own perspectives on what Christianity is/should be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Geez, Smilin, don't build me up too high. Pedestals aren't for living, imperfect human beings :)

You've been pretty nice as well, hon, though I haven't forgotten you hijacked my homosexuality thread, buster..... :D I'm glad to have met you, though, and I hope you keep on stirring things up as need be.

Upvote 0

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Rae
Geez, Smilin, don't build me up too high. Pedestals aren't for living, imperfect human beings :)

You've been pretty nice as well, hon, though I haven't forgotten you hijacked my homosexuality thread, buster..... :D I'm glad to have met you, though, and I hope you keep on stirring things up as need be.

Rae,

Please join me in celebration next week for my one year anniversary of sobriety.  (The theme is based upon your 'homosexuality stereotypes)....You and Inspire...errrr...inspired me to go with a 70's disco theme.  And sorry about the hijackin....

After I'm celebrated out...I'll start up another thread..(in your honor) stir everyone into a frenzy (as they were when I entered) and turn the microphone over to you.

Peace to you..

Smilin

Upvote 0
Why is it that we Christians (believers) are usually called narrow-minded when we take a stand on a scripturally- based principle? It's not as if I made up the principle or even that I have the sole responsibility to defend God's word (which is ridiculous because it speaks for itself, but, naturally, the world doesn't accept it as Truth just as it doesn't want to recognize Christ as God.).

Maybe it's because the world recognizes that "narrow is the way to Heaven while broad is the path to destruction" and it ****es them off... Or it makes them feel excluded. I guess if that makes me "narrow minded" then I have to plead guilty as charged.

If being broad-minded means changing your mind to any popular, "new" idea that comes along and trying to base standards on just my own personal life-experiences, then, again, I am GLAD to be called "narrow-minded". The most broad-minded people used to say, "don't knock it until you've tried it" when they were trying to get others to try the latest recreational drugs. Why is it broad-minded to challenge people to try things that may be BAD for them but narrow-minded for us to invite them to try God when He's so GOOD for (not only)them (but everyone)?

When we invite someone to "try God", we're not recommending that they "shut off" their own minds! In fact, after accepting Christ, it's like seeing EVERYTHING with new eyes and the Truth pops right out and makes you wonder why you never saw it before!! It actually broadens your thinking. It makes you think about things on a deeper, more important level. It INCLUDES you in the grand scheme of things!

By no means do I think non-believers should leave, just be aware that someday (perhaps soon) THE BELIEVERS WILL BE THE ONES THAT LEAVE. AND, BELIEVE NOT JUST ME, BUT GOD'S WORD, YOU WON'T WANT TO BE HERE WITHOUT US NARROW-MINDED BELIEVERS.

So what's YOUR real objection to narrow-mindedness?

Upvote 0

mac_philo

Veteran
Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
✟17,392.00
Faith
Atheist
Maybe it's because lots of Christians see most issues as decided by scripture, yet still disagree. Southern Baptists don't dislike dancing for an arbitrary reason--it's scripture! Yet here's a bunch of Methodists getting down at a sock hop.

Wait, up above, it's a bird, it's a plane--it's True Christian(TM)! He'll settle the issue once and for all!

Homosexuality, works, grace, faith, food restrictions, wearing blended fabrics, the trinity, the nicene creed, transubsantiation, conversions, crusades, racial tolerance, etc., etc., all should be decided by christians in virtue of scripture, since what else could settle it? Yet Christians disagree.

Oh, True Christian(TM), save us!

Upvote 0

Stormy

Senior Contributor
Jun 16, 2002
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟51,954.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I think the non-Christians should be forced to stay forever and ever!! :mad:

or at least until they become Christians.

Then they can go and get on with their life.

But not one moment before that blessed event!!! :angel:

Seriously... I LOVE speaking with all my friends. It would make me sad if any one of them was asked to go. :cry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LouisBooth

Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Southern Baptists don't dislike dancing for an arbitrary reason--it's scripture!"

LOL, I think mac, that you have no idea why this is, none the less you make assumptions in light of it. If you want to know the reasoning behind it, just ask and I can demonstrate it for you.

"Oh, True Christian(TM), save us!"

*mod hat on*

I see anymore flames like that and you're warned.

*mod hat off*

Upvote 0

jon1101

Dec 31, 2001
Hillsdale, Michigan
Visit site
✟1,871.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by mac_philo
Maybe it's because lots of Christians see most issues as decided by scripture, yet still disagree. Southern Baptists don't dislike dancing for an arbitrary reason--it's scripture! Yet here's a bunch of Methodists getting down at a sock hop.

Wait, up above, it's a bird, it's a plane--it's True Christian(TM)! He'll settle the issue once and for all!

Homosexuality, works, grace, faith, food restrictions, wearing blended fabrics, the trinity, the nicene creed, transubsantiation, conversions, crusades, racial tolerance, etc., etc., all should be decided by christians in virtue of scripture, since what else could settle it? Yet Christians disagree.

Oh, True Christian(TM), save us!

Good point, and hopefully something that Christians of all sorts can learn from.

-jon

Upvote 0
It would Hurt the forum if non-Christians left or where banned from the forum.  They make for a area that is condusive to debate and an exchange of Ideas.  According to J.S. Mill if you don't allow differing view you deny yourself the oppertunity to advance your own veiw and become more mature if you are correct,  and if your wrong you learn a better view so its a win win situation

Upvote 0