Would the Christians of this forum prefer the NonBelievers to LEAVE/STOP POSTING?

Would the Christians of this forum prefer the Non-Believers to LEAVE/STOP POSTING?

• Yes

• No

• I don't care either way

• I am undecided at the moment

Results are only viewable after voting.

Smilin

Spirit of the Wolf
Jun 18, 2002
Appalachia, The Trail of Tears
Visit site
✟15,906.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not happy with what I witnessed yesterday.  I ready many derogatory/flaming remarks from those who claimed to be Christians targeted to Non-Believers who participate in this forum.  Some of the remarks could be classified 'hate speeches'.  This is totally unacceptable in Christianity and may God forgive those who made such statements.  Did Jesus not state he came for the Unrighteous, when rebuked for dwelling among the sinners?  Am I wrong in stating that ALL Christians are those that follow the life's example Christ set?

The blind eyes of the administrators who take no action troubles me as well.  All humans have feelings...believers or non-believers. 

I also witnessed Christians being termed 'perverts' for participating in a Mature discussion on one aspect of Human sexuality.  May God forgive you for judging me and everyone else as well. 

Actions such as these do not promote Christianity, and also drive believing Christians away from Christianity.  (I've lost my faith several times over behaviors such as this)

So, My question is simply this:

Do the Christians of this forum desire the Non-Believers to Leave/Not Post within this forum?

Vote how you truly feel and please comment as you like, but only with respect.  This may not be my forum...but this is my thread, and I will take any personal attacks/derogatory statements to the appropriate administrator.

I came to this forum seeking to engage in Christian fellowship with other believers while I was in my isolated environment here at work.  I'm very sad and disgusted by the behaviors of some who 'claim' to follow Christ's example.

Respectfully

"not" Smilin at the moment :sigh: :(

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
well I am  glad that the nonbelievers are here posting. I think life would be boring if we all thought the same, had the same belief systems and on and on...

I also personally think that it is ridiculous for some people to want to communicate with only like minded Christians. If thats the case, go start your own colony in some far away land because non believers are everywhere, we can't sequester them or ignore them in the real world! Tolerance goes a long way and respect for one another is not at all difficult...just my 2cents

Amie~

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by amie
well I am  glad that the nonbelievers are here posting. I think life would be boring if we all thought the same, had the same belief systems and on and on...

I also personally think that it is ridiculous for some people to want to communicate with only like minded Christians. If thats the case, go start your own colony in some far away land because non believers are everywhere, we can't sequester them or ignore them in the real world! Tolerance goes a long way and respect for one another is not at all difficult...just my 2cents

Amie~

Heh, great post.

But i bet alot of the christians do want the non-believers gone. But i don't care.

Upvote 0

wildernesse

Use less and live more.
Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟16,673.00
I don't want non-believers to leave these fora. They bring a different viewpoint to many discussions and almost all are interested in sincere conversations.

I also think that if non-believers were unwelcome, soon liberal believers would be unwelcome and then so on and so forth. Then everyone left could pat themselves on the back for ridding themselves of evil influences.

Won't it be wonderful there?

--tibac

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Smilin-

I don't believe the non-Christians should leave the forum. I know this very question has sparked several debates here lately. I think these forums offer a unique way to share the gospel with non-Christians. In order to share, you must be engaging in conversation, which these forums promote.

However, all of us, Christians and non-Christians, are responsible for the words we use with each other. Now, I may not agree with something another member believes, but my responsiblity is to respond to that member with respect, whether they be Christian or non-Christian. How can I show someone the love of Christ when my words are tearing them down? What we also need to remember is that if we want others to respect our opinions, we need to show respect for theirs, even when we disagree with that opinion. You can respectfully disagree with someone without resorting to name calling. If you feel the need to disagree further with someone, that is what PM's are for.

While I think that as mature adults on here, we can discuss a variety of adult subjects, we also need to take into consideration there are younger readers on here which an adult subject may be inappropriate for. Again, we need to be responsible for our words, spoken or written.

And I would encourage anyone who feels a post is out of line to report it to the administrators. We do all we can, but sometimes it is hard to keep up with all of the posts. That is when we rely on our members to report what they feel is offensive.

Upvote 0

Angel75

Sep 28, 2002
✟805.00
Thank you souljah for pointing out the horrible remarks allowed by certain people. I have noticed before that a christian gets away with a whole lot more than non believers. The mods may want to discuss that if they want full respect from the non believers. As for those who dont want non believers why dont they just not come to this section? Do they want to rid the whole web of anti christian speak?

Upvote 0

Annabel Lee

Beware the Thought Police
Feb 8, 2002
Q'onoS
✟39,227.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
If Non-believers were not allowed to post here this board would turn into just another close-minded Christian message board. There are already enough of those.
Dissension and difference of opinion is what makes life interesting.
If Non-believers were told to leave the next victims would be the Catholics. After that, the liberal Christians...and then any Christian that did not adhere to the Young Earth doctrine. And so on and so forth..until you have another board like Rapture Ready. I don't think anyone here wants that to happen.

Upvote 0
yeah you should all get out and leave this forum for the obsessive narrowminded fanatical christians like me!! :D:D:D

no seriously. if there werent any non christians on this forum there wouldnt be any point in having one.. Havoc is right, what point is a discussion website if you only get to hear one point of view..? every person has a valid opinion, I certainly have had my opinions reformed and changed from discussing on this forum with nonchristians.

And yer! you guys do seem to get the short straw as far as abuse and the mods is concerned (lol not necessarily from mods!!! better watch my phrasing!). Just goes to show we may be christians, but we aint always the nicest bunch of peeps in the world.. sadly.. :(

keep smilin smilin! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LadyShea

Humanist
Aug 29, 2002
Nevada
Visit site
✟1,749.00
Faith
Atheist
For those of you that don't know what happened on the Baptist Boards (and some of us see beginning to happen here)...here's a synopsis

BB was set up much like this one, with open forums, Christian (non-Baptist) only forums, and Baptist only forums. They were heavily moderated in favor of Baptists. 

Then, they had a member publically deconvert after spending time in apologetics debates and just sort of lost all perspective. First they disabled all accounts of known atheists, agnostics, evolutionists of most stripes, then they required a "Statement of Belief" in each member's profile, then they started weeding out the non-Baptist Christians, now it is Baptists only.

I guess they debate other Baptists now (No, Southern Baptists are the best....No WAY! Seventh Day Baptists got it going on!)

Upvote 0

Gabriel

I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found
Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by seesaw
Heh, great post.

But i bet alot of the christians do want the non-believers gone. But i don't care.

Actually, no one has voted yes.  I don't mind non-christians posting.  One of our most important duties as christians is to spread the gospel.  If we never talked with non-christians wouldn't we just be preaching to the choir?

Upvote 0

LadyShea

Humanist
Aug 29, 2002
Nevada
Visit site
✟1,749.00
Faith
Atheist
Originally posted by Gabriel

Actually, no one has voted yes.  I don't mind non-christians posting.  One of our most important duties as christians is to spread the gospel.  If we never talked with non-christians wouldn't we just be preaching to the choir?

Nobody has voted yes yet, true...but there are some very specific people we haven't heard from yet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gabriel

I Once Was Lost, But Now Am Found
Oct 10, 2002
FL
Visit site
✟19,059.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by LadyShea
Nobody has voted yes yet, true...but there are some very specific people we haven't heard from yet.

Oh.  I am new so I haven't been graced with the more abrasive folks here.

Upvote 0
good.. stay innocent of it... dont judge anyone christian or nonchristian, after all we all have the potential to be just as "abrasive" depending on how careful we are with our posting.. its a lesson in making sure we always speak with Grace and Truth, not just truth.. (not just grace either or else what would be the point?) The two go hand in hand after all.

I know I can be a little umm abrasive when I get going.. I could tell you not to take anything I say too seriously, coz I rarely mean what I say, but its MY problem if I have hurt others if they take my more fanatic posts literally not theirs. So Im the one who should be careful to make sure I dont give the wrong impression in the "feel" of my posts..

aannnnnyhoooo that was sorta an apology.. :D

Upvote 0