Would Jesus allow his Church to Teach Falsehoods?

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No. All Christians subsist with the Catholic Church, but not are in full communion.
You still have to learn what the "church" in the Biblical sense means. Yes, each denomination calls itself "church" but it is only one portion of Christ's church. You admitted that merely disagreeing with some other "church" doesn't make one a non-Christian, so you are on the right track.

Once you start leaning on your own understanding, or the teachings of men, it is easier to be drawn away, however.
I'd say so.

That is why it is crucial that we are united in matters of faith and morals.
It would be best if we were.

Silly comments like this make it clear that I am wasting my time.
My apologies. Would it help your little propaganda lecture if I PRETENDED to belong to the Church of England? LOL

Last edited:
Upvote 0

chestertonrules

Dec 17, 2007
Texas
✟11,733.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Being shown up as in error too many times in a row seems to be taking a toll on him, huh?

Try once for a start.

Anyone posting the following should do less posting and more reading:

He didn't start any new church. The church in England is probably older than the church at Rome and owed nothing to the Roman Church for its founding. and

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would say yes and no! Yes in the fact that having free will there would be some people even individual Bishops who will teach non truth either by ignorance or on purpose. However if these Bishops gather together as a whole in ecumenical council under the Pope then the Holy Spirit would prevent them from formally teaching error.

Upvote 0

Stryder06

Check the signature
Jan 9, 2009
✟31,839.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is THE body of believers, not just any group of people claiming to speak for Jesus. He started a Church and gave it structure and authority. If you are outside that authority, then you are not in communion with his Church.

It isn't just any body of believers, you are correct. It's those member, no matter where they are, which believe that make up the body, and to them the authority of God is given.

Of course he was. YOU are Peter, and I will give YOU the keys to the kingdom.
Not at all. Peter received the same thing that you and I receive by becoming part of the body of Christ.

Peter can speak for Jesus. I cannot.
First: Peter didn't speak for Christ but testified about those things which he was taught and what he saw.

Second: You can testify on behalf of Christ with as much power as Peter did. If you don't think so then you have made God a respecter of persons which Peter said He wasn't.

That is not correct. Do a little research.

It is very correct. I've done my research.

Upvote 0