• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Would God heal my ADD?

G

Genocyber

I guess it is kind of gift for you, if you see the history people who have changed our were most them were suffering from adhd. As per the reports people having ADHD are creative and bold from others.
Yes exactly, the thing is that if these persons are being seen as abnormal and as people who are less smart than others and so on, then of course they will be pushed to the ground and wonder, am i that bad? And then instead they see crime, drugs or other wasteful things as alternative for all the talents they could instead do...

Upvote 0
I use to struggle in school I remember crying and feeling worthless at a very young age. To make matters worse many people added to it by telling me I was different this lead to some thoughts of suicide as I felt I would be nothing in this world and achieving any sort of greatness was just out of reach, but any way the night I was going to end it all a thought came into my mind now I know it was not much a though but more the Holy Spirit knocking on my heart but any way that thought was why not give God a shot and I told my self right then and there God if you don't show your self to me this night I will kill my self. I was not testing him I was being real I was miserable and hopeless. In that very second God flooded my life and I have never been the same. In school I always obsessed over skateboarding or doing something other then schoolwork which made it very difficult to learn. I started to read my bible and Jesus became my obsession and I wanted to do my best for him even if that was not very much so I thought I made much improvement in all areas of school and got the attention of many teachers i graduated with honors something I never thought I would ever do. Moral of the story my ADD was a blessing Jesus will make you strong through your weaknesses! Remember God does not make mistakes he could of simply made you and I without ADD but he did not and there must be a reason for this. Romans 8:28, Jeremiah 29:11, and my favorite next time you feel down and different open up that book of truth to Exodus 4:10-12 Moses was right there we all are thinking how can God use a little man like me well he can, he did, and he will!

Upvote 0

Odetta

Thankful for grace
Jan 24, 2014
Georgia
✟32,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Both my sons have it and are medicated for it. My husband also has it, but is not medicated.

My husband is very creative, and always coming up with new ideas. The problem is follow through. I love him for who he is, but I think he could have been more successful in certain areas of his life had he been able to focus more. And he's the one who feels a bit bad about that. For the things he does in life, such as leading a cub scout pack, I'm the one who has to come behind and make sure he follows through and takes care of the details, because he can't do it for himself. One of the many reasons God brought us together - we complement each other. Although I have to admit, sometimes it gets old. So his "gift" sometimes has a negative impact not just on himself, but on others around him.

My youngest kid struggles in school with it, even with medication. He is also very creative, and can hyper focus on the few specific things he is greatly interested him. So we are trying to guide him into those areas, so that when he's an adult, he is doing things he is really interested to take advantage of the good points of the disorder.

But just because the disorder brings certain gifts, doesn't mean it doesn't bring certain challenges. S2's struggles with distractibility cause significant issues in school, and we have to work with accommodations to make sure he can function in life successfully.

I believe God can heal, and he can do it any number of ways - including supernaturally, or through God-given insight to doctors and scientists who come up with treatments. In terms of treatment for the problematic symptoms, you need to decide for yourself what works best - diet, therapy, medication, prayer, some combo of those, or something else I don't personally know about.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,619.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
God has ADD he can't concentrate on one thing only an infinate number of things.

My point is, ADD is not an mental illness, its a way of thinking. Some of the most intelligent people I have met have ADD and ADHD.

I have ADHD I know how you feel, but believe it or not, unlike many mental health problems, this one you can learn to use to your advantage.

No, its not a mental illness its a genetic disorder. I was diagnosed with ADHD 43 years ago.

Those of us who have this problem have to live lives that are more structured. I always MUST put my keys in the same place when I walk in the door every day. If I fail to do that, I spend 15-20 minutes looking for my keys.

Structure and routine are huge helps with ADHD....

On the downside people with this disorder have a tendency to be prone to addiction. Knowing that, you have to be on your guard

Upvote 0