Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Although it might sound sexist, I think the logical step is to have a female Vice President first, to test the waters and to show the naysayers they're full of it. I wouldn't mind a woman President, I just think it'd be the easiest/logical way to proceed.

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Although it might sound sexist, I think the logical step is to have a female Vice President first, to test the waters and to show the naysayers they're full of it. I wouldn't mind a woman President, I just think it'd be the easiest/logical way to proceed.

Although I don't see it as a better option, I do think that electing a female Vice-President would be easier than a female President. In general, the second candidate on the ticket isn't as crucial to the vote, and the secondary position might seem less threatening to those who were unsure of having a woman in office.

All else being equal, of course -- which it never is. So much plays into it, such as the individual candidates and who their opponents are.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I just thought it'd work better since VP then often run as Presidents in later years. A woman could get elected VP, prove to be very popular, and then easily become President in her own right. George H.W. Bush and many others have done the same thing.

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just thought it'd work better since VP then often run as Presidents in later years. A woman could get elected VP, prove to be very popular, and then easily become President in her own right. George H.W. Bush and many others have done the same thing.

Right, it would be a lot easier for a woman to be elected that way. :)

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I would not put anything past a nation of people that would vote for Ronald Reagan, TWICE!
attachment.php
:doh: :scratch: So I would not be surprised.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The more serious issue to my mind is the fact that the world's supposed bastion of democracy is anything but that when it comes to elections- there are only two parties, with barely indistinguishable philosophies, and you have to be a millionaire at least to have any chance or running, never mind winning.

So true,and when you learn how corrupt and "rigged"
electronic voting is!! :eek: :mad:

Upvote 0

teishpriest

Feb 23, 2007
United States
✟8,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would not vote for any woman for president or vice-president. It's not Biblical for a woman to be in authority over a man. Yes, I know, my opinion is not going to be very popular, LOL!

I have to throw this in, I cringe every time people refer to America as a democracy. We were founded as a Constitiutional Republic. I've found democracy to be an unstable form of government from my studies of historic governments. I think a Theocracy, with God ruling a nation, would be the BEST government of all. Alas, that will not happen until Christ returns. :)

A pleasant weekend to all!

Reactions: soblessed53
Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would not vote for any woman for president or vice-president. It's not Biblical for a woman to be in authority over a man. Yes, I know, my opinion is not going to be very popular, LOL!

Would you elaborate the kinds of authority you believe are unbiblical? What I mean is, some people are okay with female senators, but not presidents... or female supervisors but not employers... or okay with female police officers even though she would be placed in authority over male criminals... or okay with a woman teaching at a high school but not okay with her teaching at a junior college. There is quite a spectrum on this interpretive issue, and I was wondering if you could say a little more about where on that spectrum you fall...? Thanks.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

I have to throw this in, I cringe every time people refer to America as a democracy. We were founded as a Constitiutional Republic. I've found democracy to be an unstable form of government from my studies of historic governments. I think a Theocracy, with God ruling a nation, would be the BEST government of all. Alas, that will not happen until Christ returns. :)

A pleasant weekend to all!

attachment.php
I so agree,and I can't wait until Jesus returns,and sets up His government! :bow: :bow:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lilmissocd

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,129.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I think America NEEDS a woman president. George Bush embarasses me adn I am not even American! It seems to me the man just wants to go down in history and is making terrible decisions, talking like an ape, making the world hate America. I used to think that Americans were with it and ahead of the game. Now I cant help but think that they have an ignorant, stupid, selfish leader. Why wouldnt america be ready for a woman president? that should not even be a question. It should be: Is America ready for a WORLD LEADER who wants to promote peace and fairness as God would want? I pray that the next president is the opposite of blood thursty Bush. God bless the whole world--not just America. You arent the only ones God loves and wants peace for.

Reactions: elsbeth
Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think in time, but that time is not yet. When the majority of voters have grown up in a world where in society there are not different roles for men and women and when men and women are accoustomed to being led by females and males from the earliest ages.

Through my college years, females were never the president of anything except all girl/women groups or organizations. But that has all changed now. As a society we have become increasingly accoustomed to and, by and large, comfortable with women in positions of authority and in position to make decisions that affect us.

We still have unrealistic expectations of a woman presidential candidate. She had to be better qualified than a man to be considered viable, but that has always been the case with outside groups.

Still, there are many voters who still find it strange to consider a women as the leader unusual or unacceptable simply because they are not familiar with this. I figure I'll still be voting for at least another 30 years and a lot of people my age aren't nearly as open to this possibility as I am... and a higher percentage of older Americans vote than younger ones, and there re a lot of of baby boomers still around...

Upvote 0

~RENEE~

Legend
Jan 21, 2005
home
✟28,526.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is America ready for a WORLD LEADER who wants to promote peace and fairness as God would want?
actually dear that's the antichrist that will claim to bring world peace.
God bless the whole world--not just America. You arent the only ones God loves and wants peace for.
yes God loves us all. He sent His only begotten son to die for us all. But God does have a chosen country. Israel God tells us to pray for the peace of Israel.

Upvote 0

lilmissocd

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,129.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Renee,
We cant sit passively waiting for the antichrist...and you should think proactively, that may never happen. That wasnt my point about "God bless us all". As an American, you may not realize that much of the world considers you arrogant and conceited. ie. Please dont just listen to the media because Fox news is run by Bush etc. Use your brains and pick a leader, not by their sex (a lot of you seem really sexist, but I guess things are different for you), but by their intelligence and what they stand for. Hopefully peace because Bush is dragging many other countries into what may soon be a world war and by no means do we want to participate.

Upvote 0

elsbeth

Out of my mind...back in 5 Minutes.
Oct 26, 2006
AZ
Visit site
✟8,929.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think in time, but that time is not yet. When the majority of voters have grown up in a world where in society there are not different roles for men and women and when men and women are accoustomed to being led by females and males from the earliest ages.
I'm afraid sexism, like racism, may never completely dissapear. At least not until our Lord comes back and we live in a better world. I started this thread because I was horrified at how much sentiment I saw from CHristians that amounted to "keeping women in their place".

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.