United States
✟8,006.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To elaborate on women in authority. I'm still on a journey in many ways. I believe that women should not be in the military, therefore being commander-in-chief is right out! Senators, I'm not really sure about yet, but leaning toward maybe no. I don't think that law enforcement is a field that women should be in either, for a number of reasons. The NT is fairly clear that women are not to be in authority in the church, and that the husband, not the wife is the authority at home.

It's a really tricky topic to look at. I want to make clear that I don't attack women who are in postions of authority, I just don't personally believe that they should be.

Believe me, this is certainly a BIG change of hear for me from where I was 10 years ago, but God has been changing my mind about a LOT of things lately, LOL!

I hope no one takes this as a vote for "opressing women" but I think the ideal place for us is at home taking care of our children. I understand that singles and single mothers must find a way to support themselves. I know that this is not the situation that all of us find ourselves in. I am blessed that my mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother all found themselves at home raising their children. This does not preclude working (although, anyone that doesn't think taking care of kids and a house is work should try it, LOL!) My mother had a bookstore at our home for several years. She homeschooled us, and we had the opportunity to learn about business by helping our parents in the bookstore. Family businesses are a truly wonderful thing, that has sadly gone from being the norm to being rare.

So you see, it used to be that women were able to be home with their families while also contributing to the family's business. If my ramblings became somewhat off-topic, I apologize.

Have a good Monday!

Upvote 0

Macrina

Macrinator
Sep 8, 2004
✟22,415.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm afraid sexism, like racism, may never completely dissapear. At least not until our Lord comes back and we live in a better world. I started this thread because I was horrified at how much sentiment I saw from CHristians that amounted to "keeping women in their place".

It's sort of a relief to me to know that I'm not the only one with this reaction. I do try to be understanding of the viewpoints of others, and I certainly try to respect their convictions -- but sometimes I am perplexed at the things that are widely accepted as "biblical." :scratch:

Upvote 0

carrymeaway06

Sep 14, 2006
Around here
Visit site
✟16,045.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
All I know is this. A female president would be a big change. But if that woman is Hillary Lord have mercy. She messed up last time she was president.;)

Bill Clinton for first Lady!!! Woohoo!
Sorry. Could NOT resist that one. My sincere appologies to those of you who wish her to get elected (gag) I mean.... :thumbsup:

Reactions: ~RENEE~
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.