Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not saying we can sanctify Christ, only God can sanctify anything Eze 20:12
But we can uphold what God has sanctified.
Are you capable of speaking about anything else in the spiritual life besides
the obligation to rest on the 7th Day as a Sabbath?

Where is the thread on this Forum where you discussed and taught something
with no mention of the 7th Day Sabbath? I'd like to read it.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Are you capable of speaking about anything else in the spiritual life besides
the obligation to rest on the 7th Day as a Sabbath?

Where is the thread on this Forum where you discussed and taught something
with no mention of the 7th Day Sabbath? I'd like to read it.
You are on the Sabbath and law forum, of course that is what is going to be discussed on this forum.

Well, I did respond to you about 1 Peter 3:15 and that is not about the Sabbath. Romans 14 is not about the Sabbath :)

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In cooperation WITH God man can move in coordination and harmony with God.

One day I may show how the four living creatures and the wheel within a wheel in that mysterious
vision of Ezekiel is all about the seamless moving of God through His people.

So WE follow the Lord Christ and CO-sanctify Him in our hearts with God.

The books of First and Second Peter speaks of the believers becomming partakers of the divine nature.

Through which He has granted to us precious and exceedingly great promises that through these you might become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption which is in the world by lust. (2 Pet. 1:4)

We cannot do anything apart from abiding in the Lord Jesus as the True Vine.

Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing. (John 15:4,5)

So our actions become blended and mingled with God's actions. This is the normality that we must
grow into. And it is this incorporation of God and man that allows the Christian to sanctity the Lord in thier hearts.

Peter learned this very well. And Jesus wanted His disciples to have so much confidence in this union of His life with our life
that He said we would even do greater things.

Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; but if not, believe because of the works themselves.
Truly, truly, I say to you, He who believes into Me, the works which I do he shall do also; and greater than these he shall do because I am going to the Father. (John 14:11,12)

Mind you that is "greater things" according to God's view of greatness.
That is "great" according to the eternal purpose of God.
I don't disagree with the scripture you quoted, but I do disagree with your reading of it. I noticed you ignored the context of the surrounding scripture not only the first time you quoted it but also after I pointed it out to you. I don't see that as a point in your favor.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are on the Sabbath and law forum, of course that is what is going to be discussed on this forum.

Well, I did respond to you about 1 Peter 3:15 and that is not about the Sabbath. Romans 14 is not about the Sabbath :)
Was that a Yes you are capable ?
I give you the benefit of a doubt.

Where did you write much on some forum with no mention of Sabbath Keeping?
I'd like to read your comments there.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Was that a Yes you are capable ?
I give you the benefit of a doubt.

Where did you write much on some forum with no mention of Sabbath Keeping?
I'd like to read your comments there.
I'm happy to discuss anything in the bible. If you have something you want to discuss, feel free to bring it up. :) You should be able to search my content of past posts if you are interested in reading. I do find your comments a bit strange through as you are in the Sabbath and law forum. This whole forum is dedicated to the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't disagree with the scripture you quoted, but I do disagree with your reading of it. I noticed you ignored the context of the surrounding scripture not only the first time you quoted it but also after I pointed it out to you. I don't see that as a point in your favor.
The example of man giving commanding prayer who is utterly one with God is TAUGHT by Jesus.

And Jesus answered and said to them, Have faith in God.

Truly I say to you that whoever says to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says happens, he will have it. (Mark 11:22-23)

This is commanding in faith and doing what is in the will of God (of course) to do.
This is a cooperation of man's will with God's in seamless
harmony. In both the OT and the NT we see some examples of men rising to this level of expressing God's authority. One notable example is Joshua so one with Jehovah and commanding the cosmos to cooperate with Israel's fighting.

Then Joshua spoke to Jehovah on the day when Jehovah delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel; and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, be still over Gibeon; / And you, Moon, over the valley of Aijalon!

And the sun was still, And the moon stayed, / Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies.
Is it not written in the book of Jashar? And the sun stayed in the middle of the heavens, and it did not hurry to set for about a whole day.

And there was never a day like that day, before it or after it, when Jehovah listened to the voice of a man; for Jehovah fought for Israel. (Joshua 10:12-14)

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you read Romans 14, you will see it does not once mention the Sabbath at all
Aren't you talking about days or not?

One judges one day above another; another judges every day alike. Let each be fully persuaded in his own mind. (Rom. 14:5)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm happy to discuss anything in the bible.
Why do I doubt it just a little bit?
You seem like a one note piano.
If you have something you want to discuss, feel free to bring it up.
I don't think I can without you strongly gravitating to the subject that informs your label - the blessing of the Sabbath.
( I am a bit old fashion and pay more attention to words than to graphics. )
:) You should be able to search my content of past posts if you are interested in reading. I do find your comments a bit strange through as you are in the Sabbath and law forum. This whole forum is dedicated to the Sabbath.
What is strange is your munipulation of Romans 14 in this Sabbath Forum to force it to say something
else besides what Paul wrote under inspiration.

That's strange.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The example of man giving commanding prayer who is utterly one with God is TAUGHT by Jesus.

And Jesus answered and said to them, Have faith in God.

Truly I say to you that whoever says to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says happens, he will have it. (Mark 11:22-23)

This is commanding in faith and doing what is in the will of God (of course) to do.
This is a cooperation of man's will with God's in seamless
harmony. In both the OT and the NT we see some examples of men rising to this level of expressing God's authority. One notable example is Joshua so one with Jehovah and commanding the cosmos to cooperate with Israel's fighting.

Then Joshua spoke to Jehovah on the day when Jehovah delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel; and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, be still over Gibeon; / And you, Moon, over the valley of Aijalon!

And the sun was still, And the moon stayed, / Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies.
Is it not written in the book of Jashar? And the sun stayed in the middle of the heavens, and it did not hurry to set for about a whole day.

And there was never a day like that day, before it or after it, when Jehovah listened to the voice of a man; for Jehovah fought for Israel. (Joshua 10:12-14)
And you have ignored the context of your partial quote from 1Peter three times in a row. I wonder why....

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Aren't you talking about days or not?

One judges one day above another; another judges every day alike. Let each be fully persuaded in his own mind. (Rom. 14:5)
This is about disputes Romans 14:1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things.

It is referring to what man esteems, not God. It's like disputes today over Christmas or Easter, nothing to do with the day God esteemed over all others in His own Words. Gen 2:1-3 Exo 20:10 Isa 58:13 Isa 66:23

Romans 14:5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why do I doubt it just a little bit?
You seem like a one note piano.

I don't think I can without you strongly gravitating to the subject that informs your label - the blessing of the Sabbath.
( I am a bit old fashion and pay more attention to words than to graphics. )

What is strange is your munipulation of Romans 14 in this Sabbath Forum to force it to say something
else besides what Paul wrote under inspiration.

That's strange.
Please quote the Sabbath once in Romans 14. If its not there we should not add it. Pro 30:5-6

I am happy to discuss anything in scripture but if you do not want to discuss the Sabbath you might want to consider other forums a this one is dedicated to that. :)

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you have ignored the context of your partial quote from 1Peter three times in a row. I wonder why....
I could quote more if you wish.

But I think "context" for you and a few others here means one thing - legally adhering to the Law's 4th commandment.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please quote the Sabbath once in Romans 14. If its not there we should not add it. Pro 30:5-6
Why that demand? What do you imagine that will prove? That I cannot locate the word Sabbath in Romans 14 proves ________ ??
I am happy to discuss anything in scripture but if you do not want to discuss the Sabbath you might want to consider other forums a this one is dedicated to that. :)
I could discuss the real significance of God's rest and man's resting but you would probably argue with it.
If it is not all about the 7th day it is not about the subject of Sabbath for you and a few others here.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I could quote more if you wish.

But I think "context" for you and a few others here means one thing - legally adhering to the Law's 4th commandment.
No. I don't keep the 4th commandment as a legality. I keep it for the same reason Jesus told us to keep His commandments.

John 14: 15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why that demand? What do you imagine that will prove? That I cannot locate the word Sabbath in Romans 14 proves ________ ??

I could discuss the real significance of God's rest and man's resting but you would probably argue with it.
If it is not all about the 7th day it is not about the subject of Sabbath for you and a few others here.
Christ rest that we enter through faith is not the same as the seventh day Sabbath rest. Heb 4:4, 9,10 makes that clear. I know many try to conflate those as a way to bypass keeping the Sabbath commandment, but its only hurting people in the long run. God said He would not alter His covenant Psa 89:34, not one dot of an i or cross of a t can be changed Mat 5:18 I am one of those peculiar people who believe Him at His Word.

I do find it odd you are bashing discussing the Sabbath while on a forum dedicated to discussing the Sabbath.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. I don't keep the 4th commandment as a legality. I keep it for the same reason Jesus told us to keep His commandments.

John 14: 15 ¶ If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

The commandments of Jesus are coming continously to us on a moment by moment basis.
Have I told you this before?

How to think. What tone to use. What to forget. What to remember. When to smile and how much.
When to not smile. What to turn your eyes away from.

To walk in the Spirit of Christ involves the commandments of Jesus to regulate our reactions and very subjective
matters of our living.

To follow the commandments of Jesus in our mingled spirit is to have life and peace.
It is not a matter of right and wrong many times. It is not a matter of what is biblical.
It is the matter of following the inner sense of life and peace.

For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace. (Rom. 8:6)

If you are idle "resting" on Saturday yet you are empty, depressed, bothered, agitated, uneasy, feel vanity
that is because in spite of your legality you do not have your mind set on the mingled spirit.

For the new covenant people it is paramount to set the mind on the regenerated spirit where the Spirit of Christ
is and always follow the sense of life and peace. This takes practice and a life long one. And it is every day 24/7.
That is the true worship of God in Spirit and truthfulness that the Father seeks.

Upvote 0

oikonomia

Nov 11, 2022
Pittsburgh
✟64,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christ rest that we enter is not the same as the seventh day Sabbath rest. Heb 4:10 makes that clear. I know many try to conflate those as a way to bypass keeping the Sabbath commandment, but its only hurting people in the long run. God said He would not alter His covenant Psa 89:34, not one dot of an i or cross of a t can be changed Mat 5:18 I am one of those peculiar people who believe Him at His Word.

I do find it odd you are bashing discussing the Sabbath while on a forum dedicated to discussing the Sabbath.
I am not bashing the Sabbath. I do point out that Christ is the real rest of God and of man.

You call this bashing the Sabbath. This is Christ being the reality of God's Rest.
Colossians tells us this. But you also don't agree with Colossians as you do not with Romans.

Let no one therefore judge you in eating and in drinking or in respect of a feast or of a new moon or of the Sabbath, (Col. 2:16)

I hear you gathering up protest like "Oh the CONTEXT, you see, is not about the Sabbath of the 4th commandment, the seventh day".

You see on a Forum about Sabbath you labor to make sure ONLY the legality of seventh day rest/ worship is a legitimate contribution.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am not bashing the Sabbath. I do point out that Christ is the real rest of God and of man.

You call this bashing the Sabbath. This is Christ being the reality of God's Rest.
Colossians tells us this. But you also don't agree with Colossians as you do not with Romans.

Let no one therefore judge you in eating and in drinking or in respect of a feast or of a new moon or of the Sabbath, (Col. 2:16)

I hear you gathering up protest like "Oh the CONTEXT, you see, is not about the Sabbath of the 4th commandment, the seventh day".

You see on a Forum about Sabbath you labor to make sure ONLY the legality of seventh day rest/ worship is a legitimate contribution.

I do not protest any Word of God, but I think we need to carefully examine all context. God said He would not alter His covenant, Jesus said not something as small as dot of an i can't be changed, so just from this alone we know its not referring to one of the Ten Commandments.

Also, it is Paul who wrote Colossians, and we are warned his teachings are hard to understand and many misinterpret to their own destruction 1 Peter 3 :16 so when Paul teachings are in direct contradiction to the teachings of Jesus, you know there's some misunderstandings.

I know you're referring to Col 2:17 but if you carefully examine the context Col 2:14 tells us what it is referring to and its not the seventh day Sabbath commandment.

Paul was clear, the sabbath(s) in ordinances handwritten by Moses Co 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

The weekly Sabbath is a commandment of God , finger written personally by our Lord and Savior Exo 31:18 Exo 32:16 that is holy and blessed and God said "Remember" because He knew everyone would forget. Once God blesses something as He did the Sabbath day, man cannot reverse. Num 23:20

Contrary and against is not the definition for holy and blessed by God.

Handwritten ordinances is not finger written commandments.

The context clearly shows it is not referring to the Sabbath commandment, but typically people do not care about the context just as Jesus predicted John 3:19-20

For me, if we are going to disregard one of God's commandments, especially the one commandment God said Remember- the one commandment that is holy and blessed by God, I would want something just as clear as how God wrote and God spoke and would have to have a thus saith the Lord attached since no one is above what He personally engraved. All the thus saith the Lords around the Sabbath is for us to keep and not profane His holy day. That is where my faith lies in His every Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The commandments of Jesus are coming continously to us on a moment by moment basis.
Have I told you this before?

How to think. What tone to use. What to forget. What to remember. When to smile and how much.
When to not smile. What to turn your eyes away from.

To walk in the Spirit of Christ involves the commandments of Jesus to regulate our reactions and very subjective
matters of our living.

To follow the commandments of Jesus in our mingled spirit is to have life and peace.
It is not a matter of right and wrong many times. It is not a matter of what is biblical.
It is the matter of following the inner sense of life and peace.

For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the spirit is life and peace. (Rom. 8:6)

If you are idle "resting" on Saturday yet you are empty, depressed, bothered, agitated, uneasy, feel vanity
that is because in spite of your legality you do not have your mind set on the mingled spirit.

For the new covenant people it is paramount to set the mind on the regenerated spirit where the Spirit of Christ
is and always follow the sense of life and peace. This takes practice and a life long one. And it is every day 24/7.
That is the true worship of God in Spirit and truthfulness that the Father seeks.
I never feel uneasy keeping the Sabbath. It's joy to me. I love going to church on Sabbath.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
but not to disputes over doubtful things.
The scripture doesn't say that. What I'm persuaded everyday Holy would I be wrong?

Was the Galatians laboring the Law?
Gal 4:8 Howbeit then, when ye knew not God, ye did service unto them which by nature are no gods.
Gal 4:9 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
Gal 4:10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
Gal 4:11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.
It is referring to what man esteems, not God.
Are you saying Jesus is not God and his teaching to Paul is in error. I don't change scripture and read it plainly not adding or taking away.

but not to disputes over doubtful things.
I'm fully persuaded in my mind that every day is alike. Further;
Rom 14:6
He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Upvote 0