• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Worried still about revelations

kittyio

Mar 8, 2022
america
✟25,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I keep worrying that daydreaming is adding to revelations or that breathing is adding to revelations or that anything I say is adding to revelations. I feel worried I will sin and feel disconnected from God. Every time I try to read particular verses in the Bible that seem to disprove these thoughts I feel I cannot understand them and quickly forget what I read. I will read a word over and over until it makes no sense to me trying to make sure I understand it but I can't.

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟16,610.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I keep worrying that daydreaming is adding to revelations or that breathing is adding to revelations or that anything I say is adding to revelations. I feel worried I will sin and feel disconnected from God. Every time I try to read particular verses in the Bible that seem to disprove these thoughts I feel I cannot understand them and quickly forget what I read. I will read a word over and over until it makes no sense to me trying to make sure I understand it but I can't.
Please do not stress over this, show me the verses that cause you problem and i will gladly help where i can.

be blessed

• Winner
Reactions: Joseph G
Upvote 0

kittyio

Mar 8, 2022
america
✟25,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please do not stress over this, show me the verses that cause you problem and i will gladly help where i can.

be blessed
Thank you, it is currently revelations 22:19, I worry that it could mean any word that appeared in revelations, like i might not be able to add to any word that appeared in revelations even if the word reappears outside revelations and stuff like that.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟153,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, it is currently revelations 22:19, I worry that it could mean any word that appeared in revelations, like i might not be able to add to any word that appeared in revelations even if the word reappears outside revelations and stuff like that.
In your opinion, what does the verse mean?

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟153,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it means adding to the message of revelations only but I'm not sure.
I'm sorry you're struggling! I know how tricky OCD can be. What are strategies you have for dealing with other obsessions, that you could apply to this one? What kinds of strategies are helpful for you?

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟752,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
What is helpful to me in those situations (because I want you to know many true believers go through this). When I'm getting confused about the proper way to interpret what I am reading. What has also been helpful to me is to make sure I study with a well-educated guide. Bible studies are led by these people. It doesn't have to be a Pastor/Priest but it should be someone who went to Seminary school. I listen to my peer's opinions but I don't always accept their personal interpretation of something a person who has been thoroughly educated and can properly explain why we read it knowing this was happening at the same time or this was foretold in this chapter.

Otherwise, I see 100 different ways to interpret a passage for a hundred different people and 100 different moods..

Please believe me, I am no expert, I seek guidance on many things I read but I am always careful about who I open myself up to when seeking advice.

God bless and I know it sometimes sounds corny when we are struggling, but I would do my best to "let go and let God." Let God use you for his purpose, Let God Guide you to a good teacher or resource, but most of all, Let God FORGIVE YOU. I am positive that Jesus did say.

John 11:26 and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?” Jesus is asking us if we believe he will forgive and thus save us. I believe he is also asking in other words Do you have faith? If yes, keep the faith and live in your grace

Upvote 0

kittyio

Mar 8, 2022
america
✟25,333.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry you're struggling! I know how tricky OCD can be. What are strategies you have for dealing with other obsessions, that you could apply to this one? What kinds of strategies are helpful for you?
Honestly I haven't really been able to resist them lately. I am afraid that they are true and feel I will be punished if I don't listen. Sometimes I feel like God is telling me they are true. I also feel like I have to do them because I've listened to them so long that I will be wrong if I don't listen to the thoughts.

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟153,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Honestly I haven't really been able to resist them lately. I am afraid that they are true and feel I will be punished if I don't listen. Sometimes I feel like God is telling me they are true. I also feel like I have to do them because I've listened to them so long that I will be wrong if I don't listen to the thoughts.
I understand, because I struggle with this same kind of thing. I think that people with OCD tend to put a lot of weight on feelings. But feelings tell us many things, and not all of them are true. I think we have to learn to assess feelings using our logic and good judgment. Also, we have the most freedom when we learn to focus on God, not ourselves...not even on how bad we think we are! I like what Jaimie Eckert has to say about this, at the end of her article “Have I Committed the Unpardonable Sin?” (under the heading “An Important Bible Text”).

I have forgotten, but do you have a therapist that you're working with, or have you in the past?

Upvote 0