• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Worried I sold my soul to the devil.

SnowTiger

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2017
United States
✟183,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

So I was watching a basketball game yesterday and I heard the devil's voice in my head ask, "Will you sell your soul if I let this basketball team win?"

On accident, I said yes. Then that team won.

So now I feel like I've lost my soul to the devil.

Soon after this I started getting chest pains and now I'm worried that the devil has given me a heart problem because he owns my soul, so he can do anything he wants to me.

Is there a way to get my soul back?

Thanks,

SnowTiger

• Useful
Reactions: DennisTate

DM25

Jul 10, 2018
Edmonton
✟16,988.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, you didn't sell your soul to the devil. If the devil had your soul you wouldn't be worried you sold your soul. And you wouldn't even be on this website right now asking this question in worry. Calm down. This is why I loathe anti-OSAS doctrine, it puts people in fear and panic and that's what Satan wants. Woe to you false teachers out there, you know who you are.

• Informative
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟792,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi,

So I was watching a basketball game yesterday and I heard the devil's voice in my head ask, "Will you sell your soul if I let this basketball team win?"

Soon after this I started getting chest pains and now I'm worried that the devil has given me a heart problem because he owns my soul, so he can do anything he wants to me.

Thanks,

SnowTiger
You didn't make yourself, so you don't belong to yourself to be making contracts with anyone concerning your soul. But if you can't get past the worry about it spend your time talking to the one who made you, as if your soul depended upon it.

• Useful
Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just claim your soul back in Jesus name and say thanks to God and refrain from talking back to the devil in the future.

No big deal unless you make it one.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you were a Christian before, your soul belonged to God ("You are not your own; you were bought at a price." - 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20a). Therefore, a "selling" wouldn't be valid.

If you were not, you're no worse off than any non-Christian - Jesus has the power and authority and will to set you free (Luke 4:18-19).

This is of course, assuming you were having a conversation with the devil. We don't know that he can read our thoughts. It was probably just a demon planting a seed of fear in your mind, or your mind playing tricks on itself. "On accident" seems to indicate high levels of anxiety, and those thoughts - the offer and the reaction - easily could have been anxiety manifested.

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi,

Thanks,

SnowTiger

I think selling your soul to the devil involves some rituals so I don't think this is what happened in your case. However, opening the door to a conversation with him is a serious matter. You may want to prayerfully consider what opened the doorway for the devil to come into your house in the first place.

And if he ever tries to talk to you again, immediately call on the name of Jesus, and let Him deal with him. Remember, Jesus is stronger.

I am glad you reached out to us on CF, but I hope you also get an opportunity to speak to your pastor about this.

• Agree
Reactions: Gregory95
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Souls don't get sold; they get molded.

Don't mold your soul to the devil; mold your soul to Christ. You'll be fine.

Besides my friend... how could you sell something you don't even own?
1 Cor 6:19 "You are not your own; you were bought at a price." :)

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi,
[...]

Thanks,

SnowTiger

A bet isn't a legal bet, if what is in contention can't be attributed to something or someone in specific.

For example, if the Devil had said "I own the basketball competition" the competition would have been over what he owned - one side or the other.

Or for another example, if the Devil had said "I can stop whoever owns the basketball competition from owning it", then the bet would have been over specifically how much influence the Devil had.

Since it was neither of these things, the bet was biased, specifically that the agency of the players was not respected - making it illegal; an illegal bet.

I had a similar occurence actually, where I was listening to Heavy Metal music in my sleep, and I woke up and said "Satan take my heart" - but because it was not offered by way of oath in a name, or paid for on the basis of a greater reputation than mine, the offer was invalid (incomplete and therefore "invalid").

It took me ages, to work that out - I'm still sort of vague on where I stand, so I feel for you struggling with this (we can be friends of each other in that respect: I will trust my heart is not Satan's, if you will believe that your soul belongs to Jesus' win).

The worst coming to the worst, you can always trust the Holy Spirit, who it was that truly won (if the bet being illegal stops the Devil from winning, he hardly has much power now... does he?!)

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
There is an aspect of this that has to do with shame, too.

Imagine if you will that this deal stayed with you, but you were daily taking up your cross and following Jesus...

...in the end you would forget the shame and remember Jesus, right?

That's what it says in the bible (paraphrase) "you shall put off the shame of your youth" - that means even if you are shamed by the Devil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kittyboo

May 19, 2019
Somerset West
✟8,016.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi Snow Tiger

Your soul is safe as long as you confess and repent of actions that separate you from God. Jesus can forgive anything. All you need to do is say sorry to God, and He will forgive you instantly. You don't have to worry. I think the chest pains were from the anxiety.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi,

Thanks,

SnowTiger

This may help.....

Howard Storm's Near-Death Experience
I asked them, "But what about my own sense of failure? You've shown me how I can be better, and I'm sure I can't live up to that. I'm not that good." Some of my self-centeredness welled up and I said, "No way. I'm not going back."

They said, "There are people who care about you; your wife, your children, your mother and father. You should go back for them. Your children need your help."

I said, "You can help them. If you make me go back there are things that just won't work. If I go back there and make mistakes I won't be able to stand it because you've shown me I could be more loving and more compassionate and I'll forget. I'll be mean to someone or I'll do something awful to someone. I just know it's going to happen because I'm a human being. I'm going to blow it and I won't be able to stand it. I'll feel so bad I'll want to kill myself and I can't do that because life is precious. I might just go catatonic. So you can't send me back."

They assured me that mistakes are an acceptable part of being human. "Go," they said, "and make all the mistakes you want. Mistakes are how you learn." As long as I tried to do what I knew was right, they said, I would be on the right path. If I made a mistake, I should fully recognize it as a mistake, then put it behind me and simply try not to make the same mistake again. The important things is to try one's best, keep one's standards of goodness and truth, and not compromise those to win people's approval.

"But," I said, "mistakes make me feel bad."

They said, "We love you the way you are, mistakes and all. And you can feel our forgiveness. You can feel our love any time you want to."

I said, "I don't understand. How do I do that?"

"Just turn inward," they said. "Just ask for our love and we'll give it to you if you ask from the heart."

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi,

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No you did not. Its a trick. There is more to selling your soul than that. First off it must be signed in blood and for 2, that was a demon messing with you and not the devil. If you are still worried, get baptized again.

Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting that Paul says:

1 Corinthians 10.25: "Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils."

Once a believer is truly cleansed and redeemed, demons have no power over that believer's soul, because 'greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world' (1 John 4.4).

The believer has the privilege instead of keeping 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I
i had a dream that I sold it and it is scaring me and also that voice in my head now is like saying bad stuff and to me cursing my family
Tell it to leave you. Demand in Jesus Christs name that it leave you and tell it it is not welcome there.

Upvote 0

kupuc

Apr 4, 2021
Riga
✟15,201.00
Country
Latvia
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

Thanks,

SnowTiger

Any body hear want to buy a soul? There one for sale
Certificate of ownership rights of a immortal soul - certificate of ownership of immortal soul | OpenSea

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Sometimes we may have things in our homes that give the devil and demons legality into our lives. Things like heavy metal cds or posters, inappropriate contentography, video games, certain books or things which we know are not of God. Get rid of these items and you will notice what is ailing you will weaken.

Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0